• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please Pray For Our Son

brosmith

• Members

Our son Nathan is 20 years old, claims to be a Christian, and yet wants to live a worldly life. He was living at home until about 6 months ago and then he decided to move out. Ever since then, his life has been a spiritual shipwreck. The problems began before he moved out but have gotten progessively worse after he moved out. He needs your prayers.

Steve Smith

brosmith@pioneerbaptist.org

www.pioneerbaptist.org

• Members

I can relate to this. Our soon to be 20 year old son moved out when he turned 18 specifically choosing the pleasures of the world rather than following Christ. He claims to want to follow Christ but wants the world too.

I'll be praying for Nathan, and you and your wife. In fact, I'm about to go into some time of prayer in a few minutes and I'll make this a priority.

• Members

Bro. Smith, I will definitely say a prayer for your son. If it's any comfort, I went through a very wild phase after I turned 19. I don't have an adult child, yet, but my mother told me when your children are adults it seems they worry you more than when they are little. I went wild for a season, but my dad always prayed for me and I ended up where I'm at today thanks to the Heavenly Father and the heartfelt prayers of people who love Him and love me.

• Members

Our son Nathan is 20 years old, claims to be a Christian, and yet wants to live a worldly life. He was living at home until about 6 months ago and then he decided to move out. Ever since then, his life has been a spiritual shipwreck. The problems began before he moved out but have gotten progessively worse after he moved out. He needs your prayers.

Satan's grip on the kids these days seems more like a strangle hold.  Praying...

• Members

Satan's grip on the kids these days seems more like a strangle hold.  Praying...

The devil is also very sneaky. Of all my children I thought our oldest son would accept Christ at an early age and mature in Christ and be ready for adulthood as a grounded Christian. He learned to read early and was reading the KJB at 4 years of age (even though those with Bachelors, Masters and even Doctorate degrees claim the KJB is just too difficult!). Not only was he reading the KJB from 4 years old and on, he understood what he was reading.

For several years he loved reading the Bible, he loved reading sound Christian books, loved reading biographies of Christians, loved his Christian lessons above all other school subjects. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, he didn't like any of that anymore. He had a sneaky, undercover rebellious and defiant streak that was obvious from at least 2 years old, which we were hopeful that biblical correction and prayer would remove. Unfortunately he went the other direction, got worse, causes us much trouble, heartache and dealings the law and "children services". Then on his 18th birthday he moved to Florida to live however he wanted, where he's still at today.

Saddest of all to me is that on at least 3 different occasions during his teen years I sat with him, went over the Gospel, discussed the future, asked him if he understood (he did, even elaborated on some of it) and then asked him if he were ready to be born again. Each time he told me he would really like to follow Jesus but he wanted the things of the world. A pastor and an evangelist, on separate occasions, also had similar one-on-one conversations with him about this and his response was the same.

The fact he has directly and specifically rejected the Gospel so many times greatly saddens me and causes me much concern for his eternal future. How many times can he reject Jesus in favor of the world before his heart is hardened to the Gospel? How long before the end is upon us and he has no more opportunity to be saved?

While President Clinton used to say "I feel your pain" to try and appear to be connected to the common folk, I really do feel the pain of Christian parents with wayward children. May the Lord turn the hearts of all of our children to salvation in Christ while there is still time.

• Members

The devil is also very sneaky. Of all my children I thought our oldest son would accept Christ at an early age and mature in Christ and be ready for adulthood as a grounded Christian. He learned to read early and was reading the KJB at 4 years of age (even though those with Bachelors, Masters and even Doctorate degrees claim the KJB is just too difficult!). Not only was he reading the KJB from 4 years old and on, he understood what he was reading.

For several years he loved reading the Bible, he loved reading sound Christian books, loved reading biographies of Christians, loved his Christian lessons above all other school subjects. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, he didn't like any of that anymore. He had a sneaky, undercover rebellious and defiant streak that was obvious from at least 2 years old, which we were hopeful that biblical correction and prayer would remove. Unfortunately he went the other direction, got worse, causes us much trouble, heartache and dealings the law and "children services". Then on his 18th birthday he moved to Florida to live however he wanted, where he's still at today.

Saddest of all to me is that on at least 3 different occasions during his teen years I sat with him, went over the Gospel, discussed the future, asked him if he understood (he did, even elaborated on some of it) and then asked him if he were ready to be born again. Each time he told me he would really like to follow Jesus but he wanted the things of the world. A pastor and an evangelist, on separate occasions, also had similar one-on-one conversations with him about this and his response was the same.

The fact he has directly and specifically rejected the Gospel so many times greatly saddens me and causes me much concern for his eternal future. How many times can he reject Jesus in favor of the world before his heart is hardened to the Gospel? How long before the end is upon us and he has no more opportunity to be saved?

While President Clinton used to say "I feel your pain" to try and appear to be connected to the common folk, I really do feel the pain of Christian parents with wayward children. May the Lord turn the hearts of all of our children to salvation in Christ while there is still time.

That's so sad! I understand completely, sounds like he was raised in the ways of the Lord but strayed from it. I will pray for you both that he gets saved and you have that assurance that he truly is and soon!

• Members

Steve Smith

brosmith@pioneerbaptist.org

www.pioneerbaptist.org

Thing are looking bad now my friend, but God is in control. They are his and we know this, but we forget sometimes, even I have not spoken to my son in a year. He serving the lord in a church, but is not talking to me. The Lord know are hearts.

Archived