• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

No Nicolaitans

The Truth...whether You Like It Or Not!

I love to go into a place where there's several women & only a very few men, stir up the women, them quickly leave. I did so at our local drug store just the other day & as I was walking out the pharmacist called out, "Jerry, You cannot leave after starting this war between man & women, I need your help."

Just before walking out the door I looked back & said, "My mission is complete, it seems I did a very good job & I'm leaving it with YOU!"

He may not welcome me next time!

I'm probably the worst about not reading instructions...it's always the last resort.

When my brother got married, I gave them a gas grill for a wedding gift.  About two years later, he asked me if I wanted the grill.  He had tried to put it together, but some of the parts were missing...according to the instructions.

I felt bad about it, so I told him that I would take it.  After I got it home, I opened the box (yes, it was still in the box) and took everything out. I went ahead and put the grill together...never looked at the instructions...and I had parts left over!!! He said there weren't enough parts, but I had parts left over. I never could figure out where those extra parts went, so I looked at the instructions...and still couldn't figure out where they went.  :scratchchin:  :lol:

I used that grill for years until it became unusable.   :thumb:

I'm probably the worst about not reading instructions...it's always the last resort.

When my brother got married, I gave them a gas grill for a wedding gift.  About two years later, he asked me if I wanted the grill.  He had tried to put it together, but some of the parts were missing...according to the instructions.

I felt bad about it, so I told him that I would take it.  After I got it home, I opened the box (yes, it was still in the box) and took everything out. I went ahead and put the grill together...never looked at the instructions...and I had parts left over!!! He said there weren't enough parts, but I had parts left over. I never could figure out where those extra parts went, so I looked at the instructions...and still couldn't figure out where they went.  :scratchchin:  :lol:

I used that grill for years until it became unusable.   :thumb:

If you take time to read the instructions doesn't that just wastes valuable time?   :knuppel:

I recognize that this thread is intended to be somewhat humorous.  However, I wish to make a spiritually serious point here --

The self-dependent attitude of us men, which motivates us so commonly to neglect reading the directions, often motivates us also to neglect reading, learning, and following the directions for our daily Christian lives that the Lord our God had provided for us in His Holy Word.  My beloved brethren, this ought not so to be!

Concerning the matter of men's understanding of women, I would present what is likely to be a controversial statement --

I believe that men understand women just as well as women understand men.  Furthermore, I believe that one of the great reasons for failure in this area is that men and women each tend to project their own pattern of thinking and feeling upon the other. 

I recognize that this thread is intended to be somewhat humorous.  However, I wish to make a spiritually serious point here --

The self-dependent attitude of us men, which motivates us so commonly to neglect reading the directions, often motivates us also to neglect reading, learning, and following the directions for our daily Christian lives that the Lord our God had provided for us in His Holy Word.  My beloved brethren, this ought not so to be!

Concerning the matter of men's understanding of women, I would present what is likely to be a controversial statement --

I believe that men understand women just as well as women understand men.  Furthermore, I believe that one of the great reasons for failure in this area is that men and women each tend to project their own pattern of thinking and feeling upon the other. 

Amen! Sounds very similar to what our pastor preached a couple of years ago when he did a special weeknight series on marriage.

Exactly!  This is a point which I stressed very strongly to our DIL and our son when they got married. 

Most women tend to deal with thing more emotionally (hey - be nice, or I might cry!  :biggrin: ), while most men tend to deal with things more logically.  While that is not always the case (I know some REALLY illogical men...), it is the norm (and it is, honestly, largely due to the different hormones with which God blessed each gender).

My hubby and I discussed this at length when we were first married.  And we still do at times.  He really does understand me most of the time, and can read me well. As I can him.  I think the reason for that is that we took the time to listen to each other and tried to understand.

That said, he still doesn't like to ask directions or read the instructions.  :nuts:

I heartily agree!!! And what is so sad is that men really could understand women if they just tried. Sure, they won't ever completely understand everything about their wife anymore than they completely understand everything about anyone else. But the point is, the Bible commands husbands to dwell with their wives according to knowledge. The problem goes much deeper than points of view, mind sets, or any other of the many excuses I've heard. It all comes back to the same thing, and that is selfishness. We get so wrapped up in ourselves that we don't take the time to listen to our spouse. Men, stop being guys and start being gentlemen. Listen to your wife. Consider how she feels. TALK TO HER! The majority of arguments come from both sides refusing to hear the other persons opinion. You are not God and therefore are not always right. I fear that we as men think we can guide our houses in our own power. Lets remember who our Guide is and what He said. "Dwell with them according to knowledge." That is a high calling! But remember that you cannot dwell with your wife according to knowledge if you refuse to know anything about her.

I heartily agree!!! And what is so sad is that men really could understand women if they just tried. Sure, they won't ever completely understand everything about their wife anymore than they completely understand everything about anyone else. But the point is, the Bible commands husbands to dwell with their wives according to knowledge. The problem goes much deeper than points of view, mind sets, or any other of the many excuses I've heard. It all comes back to the same thing, and that is selfishness. We get so wrapped up in ourselves that we don't take the time to listen to our spouse. Men, stop being guys and start being gentlemen. Listen to your wife. Consider how she feels. TALK TO HER! The majority of arguments come from both sides refusing to hear the other persons opinion. You are not God and therefore are not always right. I fear that we as men think we can guide our houses in our own power. Lets remember who our Guide is and what He said. "Dwell with them according to knowledge." That is a high calling! But remember that you cannot dwell with your wife according to knowledge if you refuse to know anything about her.

Husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge-just the point I was going to make.

I suspect, however, that women don't really understand men any better than men understand women. We could if we wanted to, but I suspect many just don't want to make the effort-men treat women like a man, and women treat a man like a woman, as far as thinking processes.

Like, Women, please don't make men read your mind-speak your mind, don't make us guess. 

Husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge-just the point I was going to make.

I suspect, however, that women don't really understand men any better than men understand women. We could if we wanted to, but I suspect many just don't want to make the effort-men treat women like a man, and women treat a man like a woman, as far as thinking processes.

Like, Women, please don't make men read your mind-speak your mind, don't make us guess. 

LOL! I agree! The main problem that women seem to have (I say this from having watched my Pastor counsel couples over and over) is that #1 they seem to think that men don't have feelings. Ladies, just because we don't communicate our feelings the same way, doesn't mean that we don't have them. And #2, like the men, they think that they are always right. When you have two people who both think they are always right, you end up with war. The moral is, instead of defending the way you respond to things, why don't we all just try to understand and consider our spouses!

This is truth...but men should also ask for clarification.   :smug:

I will have to disagree. Both men and women are guilty of this. We should never have to be asked for clarification on anything that we say. When we expect others to ask for clarification then rumors are started, arguments begin, grudges are held, and bitterness begins to spring up in our hearts. "Following peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;".