• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can Christians Ever Use Violence? A Discussion With Preston Sprinkle (Part 1)

JerryNumbers

• Members

The authors of books would convinse me that they were searching for the truth much more easily if they would answer commenters questions in tne comments section.  Mr. Sprinkle answers to questions seem to be mostly "buy the book".  If a man wishes to put his ideas across in a public forum he shoud be willing to answer questions.  Just my two cents worth.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Romans 12:17-19 "Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

We have the right to defend ourselves in this church age but our goal is to live peaceably.  If a wicked government began persecuting, imprisoning and murdering us, we would have the option of starting a new government and throwing off the old one.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Romans 12:17-19 "Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

We have the right to defend ourselves in this church age but our goal is to live peaceably.  If a wicked government began persecuting, imprisoning and murdering us, we would have the option of starting a new government and throwing off the old one.

If someone comes into my home and starts to hurt anyone there I will fight back.  and If I am out and am attacked you know I will fight back to protect myself. So yes as long as I can live peaceably I will but if some one strikes me to kill or maim me there is no way to be at peace with them so yes violence can be used.

• Members

Absolutely you can use violence. We can do anything we want actually.

I recommend you finish off that 1/2 gallon jack daniels bottle and break it over theirs heads, then when they are disoriented, use your crack pipe as a stabbing implement and gouge out their eyes.

That'll show them whose boss!

• Moderators

I recommend you finish off that 1/2 gallon jack daniels bottle and break it over theirs heads, then when they are disoriented, use your crack pipe as a stabbing implement and gouge out their eyes.

Ever find yourself being sarcastic??   :flip:

• Members

Even if you are sarcastic it is wrong to promote  drinking jack daniels or using a crack pipe. 

these are the types of words that should not proceed from a believers mouth it is caled corrupt communication.

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

• Members

Don't be sad, Happy.

Actually I have found the most success witnessing to those I am currently beating on. See what I do is after I have beaten them within an inch of their life, I visit them in the hospital to share the Good News- It is very effective. Yaw should try it.

• Moderators

Don't be sad, Happy.

Actually I have found the most success witnessing to those I am currently beating on. See what I do is after I have beaten them within an inch of their life, I visit them in the hospital to share the Good News- It is very effective. Yaw should try it.

Peter Cartwright, I presume?

• Administrators

I'm not sad.  Not at all.  If you really think that self-defense is wrong, that's all up to you - let someone who wants to beat you and you want to take it, go for it, sit there passively while you witness to them. I'm sure they'll listen. Not.  But to assume that people who do believe in self-defense advocate the kind of stuff you are sarcastically stating is just wrong.  

Archived