• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

All Preachers Should Have A Conceal Weapon Permit

• Members
3 hours ago, heartstrings said:

He told them specifically to "sell your garment" and buy a sword. That is a strange command.  I mean, some individuals would actually have enough spare cash to buy a "sword" without needing to sell their "garment" wouldn't you think?. Is it just possible that the "command" had a much deeper, spiritual meaning sort of like "eat my flesh" did? Maybe the "sword" means "the Word of God? No?

I always had hunting rifles and shotguns and have put a lot of meat in the freezer with them, but I don't care much for hunting anymore. I was 53 years old before I bought my first hand gun.; I just never had any desire for it.  Even now, it wouldn't bother me one bit if EVERY gun on earth was gone. But I have sense enough to know that is never going to happen, so I carry every day and everywhere.

But then you live in a revolutionary lawless society.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Invicta said:

But then you live in a revolutionary lawless society.

That is quite a stretch Invicta. There is no revolution going on here now. We are a nation of laws and those who break them suffer the consequences. Equating self defense, or the defence of others to being revolutionary and lawless is quite misunderstanding the whole subject.

I do not carry because I want to kill, I carry because I do not want to be killed. Being prepared to do what is right is not lawlessness, neither is it revolution.

Do we carry insurance on our house or car because we want to set fire to the house, or because we want to intentionally run into someone? Of course not, we carry it to be prepared for an emergency.

• Members

Well, I agree 100% with guns and self defense but when I say I, I mean my old nature and not the new.

All I am saying is call it what it really is and stop with the absolute lies trying to link it to walking in the Spirit. You know in your heart it isn't.

Noone who claims carrying guns and worrying about your self defense obtained these ideas after they were saved and through study of the Word. It is only the flesh carried over and our feeble attempts to make it somehow Biblical. None of you are soldiers defending your country - that is a whole different topic.

• Members
11 hours ago, Colin Stolzer said:

Luke 11:21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

I know you qualified your statement with the NT thinking that it would help your case but even in the NT there are passages to support self defense. There are a few others in the NT but I'll let you pick this one apart before I move on to the next.

If you'd like to open it up to the OT there are many more verses that allow for defense of your person, defense of your property, defense of others, defense of the city, defense of the country, well you get the idea.

I'm fine with sticking to the NT though if you think it will help you.

I am in the middle of building 2 1911s but the Spirit has nothing to do with it, I just cerakoted both frames and lapped the slides. Nowhere in the NT however ;)

BTW: unless you are a Jew and sacrificed a goat today don't bother with the OT references. Jesus cleared all that up in the NT. He and His Apostles in the Epistles taught and demonstrated how we as born again, Spirit indwelt believers are to live in this day and age. Shoot em up, bang bang aint in there anywhere.

Edited by wretched

• Members

Wretched,

Fascinating that you want me to admit I'm just acting in the flesh when in fact I am following the words of Jesus Christ. I'll go ahead and trust Jesus and what he said on the subject. You can call it whatever you want in your life.

So what is your definition of armed? Christ said a "strong man armed", what do you think he meant by that? I'm pretty sure he meant exactly what he said.

Edited by Colin Stolzer

• Members

Just wondering... The massacre in Paris last evening... There were at least 9 separate locations "hit", and occurring in near simultaneous fashion... killing between 150-160 civilians. 

I have 2 questions: #1. Why is the main stream media refusing to acknowledge the fact that in at least 5 of the "events", surviving witnesses said the gunmen/bombers screamed "allah akbar" before slaughtering their victims?

Question #2: If ANY of those civilians had on their person a weapon (in order to defend themselves &/or defend others), would there have possibly been less casualties?

• Members
2 hours ago, Ronda said:

Just wondering... The massacre in Paris last evening... There were at least 9 separate locations "hit", and occurring in near simultaneous fashion... killing between 150-160 civilians. 

I have 2 questions: #1. Why is the main stream media refusing to acknowledge the fact that in at least 5 of the "events", surviving witnesses said the gunmen/bombers screamed "allah akbar" before slaughtering their victims?

Question #2: If ANY of those civilians had on their person a weapon (in order to defend themselves &/or defend others), would there have possibly been less casualties?

Absolutely some may have killed some of the sand fleas. I know I would have given it my all had I been there. My relatives on my mother's side are all from France. I just spoke with my Aunt and Uncle this morning and even though they are 200 miles from Paris, they are worried and have very good reason to be.

I think Putin with China started the air raids in Syria just for the purpose of flooding Europe with terrorists. They started the air raids as a ruse to confuse the world and hide their direct alliances with the sand fleas. The media simply serves satan as does the entire socio-economic culture of the world.

The time is getting much closer as this is just another indication. Many more attacks throughout Europe will occur, this is simply the beginning.

None of this changes any Scripture however. If Christ's Kingdom had begun at His Cruxificion as a tiny handful of rogue Christians have been deceived into believing, then His servants would fight but Christ was clear when He stated, His Kingdom is not of this world and not yet.

Our time to fight may come at the end of the 7 year tribulation and then again at the end of the 1000 year reign when satan is loosed again and deceives the nations again (if we are allowed to accompany Him-which I sincerely believe we will). Then we shall fight but it will be hopelessly one sided against satan's deceived in both instances. Oh and make no mistake folks, when those times come WE WILL HAVE NO FEAR, none whatsoever.

Edited by wretched

• Members

My granddaughter is studying in Paris and is only a 15 min metro ride from the centre of Paris.  She has informed us that she is safe.  My wife and I took her to the Paris region at the beginning of September.  As someone who has recently arrived in Paris, she has been visiting all the sites.  She was in some of those areas recently. 

Police have recovered passports from two of the dead terrorists.  The Greek Govt said one was of someone who was registered as an immigrant who arrived in Greece in October.

2 hours ago, wretched said:

I think Putin with China started the air raids in Syria just for the purpose of flooding Europe with terrorists. They started the air raids as a ruse to confuse the world and hide their direct alliances with the sand fleas. The media simply serves satan as does the entire socio-economic culture of the world.

Putin knows that Russia is also a target of IS.

• Members

Wretched, you brought forth an interesting point which I didn't consider before:
    Yes, I already understand that Russia is in Syria to keep Assad in power (the alawite shia president).
And Iran is also there as well as they are shia muslims.  The "rebels" are sunni muslims, as is ISIS/ISIL. I also believe that Obama backs the sunni muslims.
So while Russia has political interests (oil, ports, natural gas, etc) over there... it would also make sense that he would disperse the sunni's throughout Europe. 

But "Invicta" also made a point that Russia is a target of the "islamic state" as well. 
Obama (as well as many national leaders such as Germany's Merkel) are welcoming these ISIS/ISIL infiltrated "refugees" onto our/their own soil perilously.
The difference with Russia is that they seem wise enough not to fall for the ploy, and are not taking in "refugees".
So I do have to agree with your thoughts on this "Wretched".

"Wretched", 

As for the biblical aspect of your statement:
I'm not sure I agree with the idea that we (saved/bride/church) will "fight" at the end of the 7 year trib.
Yes, we are called "armies", however here are a few things I also noted:

Revelation 19:11 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

*Who judges and makes war? Jesus does.

Revelation 19:13 "13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God."

*Compare the garment of the Lord Jesus in contrast to the saints:

Revelation 19:14 "And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

*His garment is dipped in blood, our garments are white. (I also believe there is a tie-in to scripture found in Isaiah 63)

*No mention is given of the armies of heaven fighting. However Jesus is clearly seen as the One who will smite the nations:

Revelation 19:15 "And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God."

*Once again, I see no mention of anyone (other than Jesus) slaying with the sword of his mouth:

Revelation 19:21 "And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh."

*I also believed (for many many years) that we would be fighting as we were called the armies, and yet, after studying, I see no reference to anyone other than Jesus doing the fighting/slaying.
I could be wrong... I am just stating, I don't see any reference to it.

I had planned on posting these 2 answers separately... but they were automatically merged. Sorry

• Members
15 hours ago, Invicta said:

Putin knows that Russia is also a target of IS.

There is little to no evidence of this Invicta apart from putin's rhetoric. I hope we can all distinguish between news and rhetoric. What issues the old soviet block nations has with resident muslims is whitewash IMO and nothing related clearly to any of the 3 major terrorists groups outside of the old block. 

• Members

IS plan is to take over all Muslim states,which includes parts of Russia, then all countries where Muslims ruled in the past, Eastern Europe, Spain, Portugal and parts of France,  Then they plan to take over the world.

• Members

The Jihadis have terrorized the Russians too.  My opinion is still: round them all up, deport them, and close the borders. They wouldn't like it and a whole lot of leftists would have a fit about it. But sometimes you have to make some people mad, to gain their respect.