• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

All Preachers Should Have A Conceal Weapon Permit

• Members

I have an "open carry" permit - it is called the Constitution of the United States.  :bleh:

Actually, in the great state of Texas, we legally "open carry." 

But I have to agree with the sentiments of others here.  When the persecution comes, we are to take it.  Paul did.  Jesus did.  All of the Apostles did.  And while Paul did use the legal system to correct a legal injustice (he appealed to Caesar to escape a certain death in Jerusalem!), he did not take up arms to "defend himself." 

I have no idea on how things will end up.  Things are definitely accelerating out of control much faster than we can even keep up with it.  If the Lord continues to delay His return, then I believe we will end up in a scenario similar to the first 3 centuries of Christianity - an "on again off again" persecution, depending upon who Caesar is at the time.  We may end up going "underground" as are brethren are in China and the Middle East.  We may end up persecuted so severely that we will be scattered everywhere, and not even able to witness to our own spouses and children, as often happened in the Dark Ages. 

But in order for the end times prophecies to be fulfilled, AntiChrist will end up with a one-world Government AND a one-world religion.  In order for that to happen, the Bible-Believers must be gotten rid of!

In Christ,

It seemed to me Paul used that platform to preach Christ more so than to defend himself. It does not seem he had any politics on his mind as many seem to think.

• Members

It seems that to many Americans, their gun is their god.

The Anabaptists did not fight again st the king when persecuted, in fact they said the sword was to be borne by the magistrate to use as they thought fit.

I firmly believe many of our Baptist Churches in America have adopted the America way as God's way, & anyone that disagrees does not know God.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The Anabaptists were not always right...and just because a man might choose to use a gun (that God does NOT say is wrong) to protect those he loves does not mean he isn't trusting God, nor is he necessarily following the "American way" that so many Americans on this thread seem to despise.  Carrying a gun isn't always just about shooting the person who might persecute one for being a Christian, you know.  (and if it were true that the American way were to shoot first, question later - millions more would be dead. But they aren't) And just because a person might choose to carry a gun doesn't mean they are concerned with material things.  They just might want to protect those whom God has put under their care...

The pastor is the undershepherd of the church he pastors.  Shepherds do whatever they need to in order to protect their flock. There's a reason God uses the idea of a Shepherd/undershepherd.  David didn't have a gun, but he had a rock, and he used it to protect his flock.  He also used his bare hands. I'm thinking God is a bit more concerned with His children than He is sheep... 

• Members

The Anabaptists were not always right...and just because a man might choose to use a gun (that God does NOT say is wrong) to protect those he loves does not mean he isn't trusting God, nor is he necessarily following the "American way" that so many Americans on this thread seem to despise.  Carrying a gun isn't always just about shooting the person who might persecute one for being a Christian, you know.  (and if it were true that the American way were to shoot first, question later - millions more would be dead. But they aren't) And just because a person might choose to carry a gun doesn't mean they are concerned with material things.  They just might want to protect those whom God has put under their care...

The pastor is the undershepherd of the church he pastors.  Shepherds do whatever they need to in order to protect their flock. There's a reason God uses the idea of a Shepherd/undershepherd.  David didn't have a gun, but he had a rock, and he used it to protect his flock.  He also used his bare hands. I'm thinking God is a bit more concerned with His children than He is sheep... 

The Christian under-shepherd should not do whatever it take to protect their flock. that is they should not SIN in order to PROTECT their flock.

Mt 5:38 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
Mt 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Mt 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
Mt 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Mt 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Mt 5:43 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mt 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust

Remember the mercy & grace the Shepherd has shown towards you, it really seems that He tells us to offer that very same mercy & grace even to our enemies that strike us. If we do like the worldly people we are no different than them, & we are suppose to be completely different.

Ro 12:1 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Seems so many times we leave out the instructing given in the New Testament, using the Old testament as an excuse to do as we please.