• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

The Glory Land

All Preachers Should Have A Conceal Weapon Permit

We are living in trouble times and the wacko's are loose. Once the gay movement moves into your home town, thing are going to change my friend, and if you are preaching against them, you will be at risk. Defend your self and the ones you love.  You have the right."

Psalm 91, as well as other precious promises from Scripture, makes it clear the Lord is more than able to protect our pastors, churches and ourselves.

I've read enough cases of the Lord protecting His own to know He is faithful and trustworthy. The Lord's angels had no problem dealing with an entire city of homosexuals when they rescued Lot.

Psalm 91, as well as other precious promises from Scripture, makes it clear the Lord is more than able to protect our pastors, churches and ourselves.

I've read enough cases of the Lord protecting His own to know He is faithful and trustworthy. The Lord's angels had no problem dealing with an entire city of homosexuals when they rescued Lot.

The apostle carry swords, they will cut your ear off too. 

All preachers do carry concealed weapons, the primary one is between the ears.

Oh, if you mean physical defense - now you're in another territory --- anyone (lost or saved, regardless of theological feelings concerning physical defense) who thinks they may hesitate to use physical means should not carry, period.

That said, everybody carries a means of physical defense -- a body (or portion thereof) and keys (at a minimum).

All preachers do carry concealed weapons, the primary one is between the ears.

Oh, if you mean physical defense - now you're in another territory --- anyone (lost or saved, regardless of theological feelings concerning physical defense) who thinks they may hesitate to use physical means should not carry, period.

That said, everybody carries a means of physical defense -- a body (or portion thereof) and keys (at a minimum).

Don't forget about calling upon the Lord. I've experienced the immediate intervention of the Lord in my own life when I called out.

The apostle carry swords, they will cut your ear off too. 

Then the Lord rebuked them and healed the man who had his ear cut off.

We read from Acts on of the apostles and other Christians being attacked, beaten, robbed, stoned, imprisoned, left for dead and such and they didn't swing swords but rather trusted in the Lord. The Lord received glory in all this and Christianity spread far and wide.

Don't forget about calling upon the Lord. I've experienced the immediate intervention of the Lord in my own life when I called out.

That comes into play from the "between the ears" one. Doing what is in the heart is initiated from the brain acknowledging the need for the body to follow the right direction.

Matthew 10

16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Are you fighting flesh and blood? Look at what all happened to Paul put he remained a man of peace.

Edited by MountainChristian

I don't know... I think we have clear permission to defend ourselves/families in case of attacks by those with evil intent, BUT if the attack is not just a random act of violence, but rather actual persecution for the cause of Christ (like might take place in a church setting), I am not at all sure that we have the right to defend ourselves then.

If my pastor felt led to get a concealed carry, I would be no less happy than  I am without it (for all I know, he has one - it matters not to me).  Just because a man or a woman carries a gun does not mean they aren't trusting the Lord.  And that goes for preachers.  I think that might fall under individual liberty and how God leads a particular person. Let's not forget the same person who wrote psalm 91 wrote "Blessed be the LORD my strength [note that he lists God as his strength before he says :] which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me."  David's trust was in the Lord, but he knew how to fight - and was taught so by God.  Hmmm...

I daresay that it would be pleasant to watch as people would come in to a church service and mow down women and children with their weapons, wouldn't it?  It's happened before, not here in the US, but it has happened.  We can claim it as a victory, but it really isn't.  There is nothing wrong with defending oneself.  If someone comes into a church intent on harm, it is the responsibility of the men in that  church to protect the women and children.  Until such a time that the laws of the land give permission to the government to raid church services, unwanted harmful interference is still trespassing, just as it is in one's private home.

Then the Lord rebuked them and healed the man who had his ear cut off.

We read from Acts on of the apostles and other Christians being attacked, beaten, robbed, stoned, imprisoned, left for dead and such and they didn't swing swords but rather trusted in the Lord. The Lord received glory in all this and Christianity spread far and wide.

I can see that He also said, go and detroy those wicked people, in the Old Testament.

John, the Apostles during Christ's ministry had different rules regarding self defense.  Paul's writings then take us back to something more akin to the OT.  I just read those verses this morning but do not remember them exactly.  Unless someone beats me to it, I'll post them tonight for you.  

No, but I believe that the old and new tesatament is the Complete Word of God. No short cuts my friend. New Only ?

The New replaced the Old, God's Word is clear on that. All NT teachings are what Christians are to live by. Some of the teachings within the OT were carried over and they are addressed in the NT. Christians are not under Jewish law and God has not commanded Christians to "go and destroy those wicked people".

On a side note, even in the OT where God told the Jews to destroy a people it was only specific peoples for specific reasons as the arm of God's judgment.

Seems many Christians have become gun nuts. Maybe I should have expressed it differently, yet at the present that's the only thing that comes to my mind.

We never have had a bring your gun to church Sunday, nor have we had our services at the shooting range. Yet one local church did. I hear they had a very short devotional, them a prayer, them spent 2 to 3 hours shooting & comparing their guns with one another. Afterwards saying we will have to do this quite often. To be honest I think they would have been much better off to have spent all that time in the Word.

Amazing, isn't it, many churches can spend much time doing worldly things but complain about the length of church services.

If church services goes into overtime for them, they react bad, yet if they're at a ball game that goes into overtime they're happy.