• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Beheaded For Jesus, Did Not Worship The Beast Or Receive His Mark

beameup

• Members
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were
beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image,
neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev. 20:4

Some don't believe in a traditional "Rapture" of the Church saints, but rather teach that the Lord comes from heaven 

and "receives" the Church saints "in the air" and brings them down to the earth.  Do they believe also that

there will be no "Tribulation", or that this "resurrection/rapture" will occur at the end of the Tribulation?

So, just who are these people in Revelation 20:4?

• Members

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were
beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image,
neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Some don't believe in a traditional "Rapture" of the Church saints, but rather teach that the Lord comes from heaven 

and "receives" the Church saints "in the air" and brings them down to the earth.  Do they believe also that

there will be no "Tribulation", or that this "resurrection/rapture" will occur at the end of the Tribulation?

It depends. Some believe there will be a Tribulation but Christians will go through it. Some believe that the Tribulation is already past and took place in 70 AD. Some just spiritualize the whole passage into one big mess and have it represent Christians in general suffering throughout the last 2,000 years.

As far as the resurrection of Rev. 20:4 they turn that into a spiritual resurrection (Eph. 2:6) and not a literal resurrection and change the 1,000 years into a unspecified amount of time that is occurring right now.

• Members

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Verses 4-6 is the context...not just verse 4 alone.

The "rest of the dead" are the lost who will be resurrected (after Satan is cast into the lake of fire), to face the Great White Throne Judgment, verses 11-15.

• Members

Five Phases of the First Resurrection

The Five Phases of the First Resurrection

(1) Jesus took the Old Testament saints to Heaven at His ascension. Psalms 68:18KJV, Ephesians 4:8KJV

(2) The Holy Spirit and the church age saints are caught up to heaven before the antichrist is given power in the Christian nations.  

2 Thessalonians 2:6-12KJV, and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17KJV also see John16:7-8KJV the Comforter in the church will reprove sin.

(3) The mid tribulation catching up will include the two witnesses Revelation11:3, 7-14KJV, the 144,000 sealed Jews from Revelation chapter 7KJV who where redeemed from the earth. See Revelation 14:1-4KJV, and the redeemed dead saints from the first half of the Tribulation. See Revelation 15:1-4KJV

(4) The dead saints from the last half of the tribulation are redeemed from the earth after the tribulation. Revelation 20:4KJV

(5) The dead saints from the Kingdom age will be judged at the great white throne judgment along with the second resurrection sinners. Revelation 20:11-15KJV

• Members

Starting reading a Bible book at the end & out of context is not good practice. The opening chapter makes it clear that the the events being prophesied must shortly come to pass. We are therefore looking at the first century, and the events leading up to the destruction. Aspects of the great trib & the destruction are repeated throughout the book from different viewpoints.

The Christians suffered intense persecution from the Jews as described in Acts, & mentioned in 1 Thes. 2. They further suffered under Nero in the 60s. Where was Jesus in all this?

Rev. 20 tells that the defeated Satan will be bound so that the Gospel can go out to all nations - nations that have been deceived since the recolonisation of the earth after the flood. Now in Christ, by the Gospel, the promise to Abraham is being fulfilled to all nations - all families on earth, Jesus explained the first resurrection John 5, whereby believers pass from death to life. A spiritual resurrection quite distinct from the bodily resurrection.

The souls - not bodies - that John sees are the dead persecuted believers whose souls live & reign with their Saviour until the end of the thousand years when the general resurrection takes place. As believers die by persecution or naturally, we join those souls in glory. The millennium is thus not a time of physical peace but spiritual peace with God; a time of progress of the Gospel against the enmity of the unconverted. That enmity will intensify at the end of the "millennium" with the release of Satan, when CHrist will return with fire from heaven. See the same situation in 2 Thes. 1.

Believers begin their spiritual liife at conversion & death does not end that life. Unbelievers continue dead in sin, they die to become spirits in prison until the general resurrection when they rise to the resurrection of damnation.

• Members
1. Jesus’ second coming is in two phases, we all get a bit confused about this at times-
 A. At first Jesus comes back for His own, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 & 1 Corinthians 15:51-57-
 B. Later on Jesus comes back with His own to take His rightful place on David’s throne, Isaiah 9:7 page 721-
 C. The first phase of His coming is commonly called “The Rapture of the Church”-
  1. While the 2nd phase is commonly called the “Revelations”-

A. Revelations 16:15 “Behold I come as a thief: 1st Phase: Jesus’ comes for His own,  we meet Him in the air-

B. Revelations 1:7 “every eye shall see Him: 2nd phase, Jesus comes with His own-

C. It is impossible for Christ to come with His saints unless He first comes for His saints-
{1st phase of His coming: He comes for His saints, we meet Him in the air}

{In the 2nd phase: He is coming with His saints}
{the 1st phase he comes to reward His saints}
In the 2nd phase He comes to rule}

{in the 1st phase He comes before the tribulation}
{in the 2nd phase He comes after the tribulations}

{in the 1st phase He delivers us from the tribulations}
{in the 2nd phase He puts an end to the tribulation}

{in the 2nd phase He comes as a bridegroom for His bride}
{in the 2nd phase He comes as King of Kings, Lord of Lords}

In the first phase He comes to raise the dead in Christ}
{in the 2nd phase He comes to destroy the anti-christ}

Sure are lots of people that get totally confused about this. This is portions of a sermon of mine from 2006, maybe it will help someone.

• Members

1. Jesus’ second coming is in two phases, we all get a bit confused about this at times-
 A. At first Jesus comes back for His own, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 & 1 Corinthians 15:51-57-
 B. Later on Jesus comes back with His own to take His rightful place on David’s throne, Isaiah 9:7 page 721-
 C. The first phase of His coming is commonly called “The Rapture of the Church”-
  1. While the 2nd phase is commonly called the “Revelations”-

A. Revelations 16:15 “Behold I come as a thief: 1st Phase: Jesus’ comes for His own,  we meet Him in the air-

B. Revelations 1:7 “every eye shall see Him: 2nd phase, Jesus comes with His own-

C. It is impossible for Christ to come with His saints unless He first comes for His saints-
{1st phase of His coming: He comes for His saints, we meet Him in the air}

{In the 2nd phase: He is coming with His saints}
{the 1st phase he comes to reward His saints}
In the 2nd phase He comes to rule}

{in the 1st phase He comes before the tribulation}
{in the 2nd phase He comes after the tribulations}

{in the 1st phase He delivers us from the tribulations}
{in the 2nd phase He puts an end to the tribulation}

{in the 2nd phase He comes as a bridegroom for His bride}
{in the 2nd phase He comes as King of Kings, Lord of Lords}

In the first phase He comes to raise the dead in Christ}
{in the 2nd phase He comes to destroy the anti-christ}

Sure are lots of people that get totally confused about this. This is portions of a sermon of mine from 2006, maybe it will help someone.

Jerry,

Jesus will come to earth at the middle of the tribulation to give Israel a way of escape. Jesus will go back to heaven for a time of rewarding those redeemed in the middle of the tribulation.

(3) The mid tribulation catching up will include the two witnesses Revelation11:3, 7-14KJV, the 144,000 sealed Jews from Revelation chapter 7KJV who where redeemed from the earth. See Revelation 14:1-4KJV, and the redeemed dead saints from the first half of the Tribulation. See Revelation 15:1-4KJV

Zechariah 14

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

(((Mid tribulation when Satan is cast to the earth and Israel flees Revelation 12:6,14. Then the antichrist will take Jerusalame for 42 months.)))

4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah:

(((2nd coming of Jesus to Armageddon))) and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

• Members

Keep in mind that the Lord Jesus returns to save the remnant of Israel when they recognize their national sin of rejecting Messiah and repent.

For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.  Hosea 5:14-15

Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd,
and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.   [punishment of Jews for rejecting Messiah]
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name,
and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.   Zechariah 13:7-9

Ezekiel 37:16-19 prophesies that one day Ephraim (representing Israel) and Judah will be united as they are in present day Israel.
Rev. 12:6  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there
a thousand two hundred and threescore days.  [israel remnant hidden/protected in the cities of refuge during the last half of Tribulation]

• Members

What did Jesus teach about his coming(s) ?

He certainly spoke of his AD 70 coming in terms the Jewish leaders clearly understood:

Mat. 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Mark 12:9 What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

Luke 20:16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

19 And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

You have strange, ideas about a multi-stage coming of Jesus, but reject the direct teaching of Jesus himself.

What did Peter understand about the "others", the nation that would receive the kningdom?

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

• Members

I have a British Israelite book that teaches that Muhammed is the Antichrist and the Dome on The Rock is the abomination of desolation.  I wouldn't down that route Ian.

The British Israelites and their American counterparts, Christian Identity, are way off on many things but they do also hold to some valid, even biblical views, on some matters.

To be clear, this isn't endorsing the book above or the view on Muhammed and such. Myself, I've never heard that particular claim before so until I read up on it I couldn't comment upon that.

Archived