• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"no More Christian Nice Guy" By Paul Coughlin

Cancelled Membership

• Members

Brother Paul's book (no, not THE Paul or his writings in the NT- *joke*)

appropriately titled "No More Christian Nice Guy: When Being Nice

Instead of Good, Hurts Men, Women and Children", is an expose' of

the all-too modern day Body of Christ who prefer non-confrontation

as opposed to standing up and telling it as it is, even if means you

will face harassment, social-isolation (oh, no, :uhm:  we can't do the

isolation thing....) and/or face possible bodily harm.

And we're supposed to just sit there and "praaaaaise Gawd" as the world

turns and walks all over us.... :boxing: 

Brother Paul, in essence say's that Christian's especially in America

have become very soft because they have become complacent that

persecution "....is something that's going to happen way into the future,

in fact Jesus will have come back by then."

At another time I've heard this classic misnomer: "We have laws that protect

us, so don't worry."

My reply: "What about the Christians in countries that have no such laws

on the books to protect them?"

(Wait for it: the same old song-and-dance :musicboohoo: )

"Well, uhmmmm, we'll just have to lift them up in prayer and watch God

move among His people...., hey listen, I have to go..."

Brother Paul's book is out there, at your library, or Christian (and non-Christian)

bookstore, available online at Amazon. Use your deductive reasoning.

nmcnguy.jpg

A word of WARNING: those of you who are used to the idea of non-conflict

and Jesus being all love, all compassion, all understanding, all passive.....

are going to be in for a spiritual "culture" shock with this book, and some

of you will be offended :angry: with Mr. Coughlin's remarks. I'm quite certain of that.

For all of you ladies out there can get Jennifer D. Degler's book:

:clap:  nmcng.jpg

Dr. Degler has a PhD. Her book is co-authored by Mr. Coughlin.

• Members

Stick with God's Word only and you will never be lead astray. It is a catchy theme though and an effective money making idea on the author's part. The rock and roll rick warren types and protestant groups gobble this worldly wisdom right up. Because it is easy, of the flesh and the path of least resistance.

• Members

Paul Coughlin is a Catholic, plus worldly as John stated, & you should not recommend his book to anyone. So sad so many seems to hate God's way & they write or read books that helps much with the Devils work. 

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

• Members
I found this:

About Paul Coughlin

Paul Coughlin is a former newspaper editor and is the author of numerous books, including the No More Christian Nice Guy, and Raising Bully-Proof Kids. He is the Founder of The Protectors: Freedom From Bullying—Courage, Character & Leadership for Life, (www.theprotectors.org), which provides a values-based and faith-based program that combats the cruelty of adolescent bullying in schools, summer camps, Sunday School, and other places where bullying is prevalent.
He is a popular speaker who has appeared on Good Morning America, Nightline, 700 Club, Focus on the Family, C-SPAN, The LA Times, FamilyLife Radio, HomeWord with Jim Burns, The New York Times, Newsweek and other media outlets. He is a regular keynote speaker with Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Conferences.
His freedom-from-bullying program is used by hundreds throughout North America as well as in England, Australia, Uganda, New Zealand, Brazil, and South Africa. The Protector’s has partnered with Saddleback Church’s Justice & Trafficking Initiative in creating the first-ever Justice Begins on the Playground seminar that helps both faith-based and values-based organizations diminish bullying.
He is a Boys Varsity Soccer Coach in Southern Oregon, where he was voted Coach of the Year twice, and where he is also a member of the Board of Trustees. He and his wife Sandy have three teenagers and live in Medford, Oregon. Contact him at: paul@theprotectors.org

And this:

With only five days left in our campaign to raise the funds necessary to best create our Hero in You Faith-Based Anti-Bullying Program, which brings His gospel of peace to so many, we ask that you act now. This is the ideal resource for this boy, his family, and so many just like them across the country and across the world. Together, we can break the chains that bind so many.   

From here:

This one is all about the individual, not Christ:

Check this one out:

What faith?  Faith in self, not God through his Son Jesus Christ!  Very worldly, well all worldly.  They are too ashamed of Jesus to even mention his name!  

You want to end bullying?  First, get your kids out of government schools and either home or into a local New Testament Church's Academy.  Next, if it's still happening, win your child for the Lord.  And finally witness to their oppressors too!  Of course one cannot do any of this if they themselves are not right with God.

• Moderators

I found this:

About Paul Coughlin

Paul Coughlin is a former newspaper editor and is the author of numerous books, including the No More Christian Nice Guy, and Raising Bully-Proof Kids. He is the Founder of The Protectors: Freedom From Bullying—Courage, Character & Leadership for Life, (www.theprotectors.org), which provides a values-based and faith-based program that combats the cruelty of adolescent bullying in schools, summer camps, Sunday School, and other places where bullying is prevalent.
He is a popular speaker who has appeared on Good Morning America, Nightline, 700 Club, Focus on the Family, C-SPAN, The LA Times, FamilyLife Radio, HomeWord with Jim Burns, The New York Times, Newsweek and other media outlets. He is a regular keynote speaker with Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Conferences.
His freedom-from-bullying program is used by hundreds throughout North America as well as in England, Australia, Uganda, New Zealand, Brazil, and South Africa. The Protector’s has partnered with Saddleback Church’s Justice & Trafficking Initiative in creating the first-ever Justice Begins on the Playground seminar that helps both faith-based and values-based organizations diminish bullying.
He is a Boys Varsity Soccer Coach in Southern Oregon, where he was voted Coach of the Year twice, and where he is also a member of the Board of Trustees. He and his wife Sandy have three teenagers and live in Medford, Oregon. Contact him at: paul@theprotectors.org

And this:

With only five days left in our campaign to raise the funds necessary to best create our Hero in You Faith-Based Anti-Bullying Program, which brings His gospel of peace to so many, we ask that you act now. This is the ideal resource for this boy, his family, and so many just like them across the country and across the world. Together, we can break the chains that bind so many.   

From here:

Check this one out:

What faith?  Faith in self, not God through his Son Jesus Christ!  Very worldly, well all worldly.  They are too ashamed of Jesus to even mention his name!  

You want to end bullying?  First, get your kids out of government schools and either home or into a local New Testament Church's Academy.  Next, if it's still happening, win your child for the Lord.  And finally witness to their oppressors too!  Of course one cannot do any of this if they themselves are not right with God.

No big shock-lots of focus on worldly problems, self-esteem, etc, and little on Christ.

Seems to me that if we would focus our children on loving and trusting the Lord, they can overcome even the terrible bullying. Case in point: myself. I am a huge guy now, and no one I know of has shown any desire to tussle with me, bt when I was young, I was quite small and geeky, and was picked on and bullied a lot. Yet I never wanted to kill myself, didn't carry it with me all the time, and I believe that it is because I had a strong foundation in Christ.  In 8th grade I got tired of my bully and gave him what for in the middle of class one day-while we didn't become 'friends', he no longer bothered me, and the next year we played football together and got along fine. The next time someone tried to bully me, I had been in football and wrestling, as well as having taken some home martial arts courses with a friend, and I pretty-much just ignored him and he eventually went away.

Anyways, I have emailed this fellow and asked him for his testimony, since it really seems nowhere onine. even mine is online and I'm not nearly as 'important' as he is. Seems to me a Christian writer and speaker would want his testimony seen by as many as wanted to see it.  As far as I can see, this is the basis for any credibility he would have. Very telling when it isn't there.

• Members

I found this:

About Paul Coughlin

And this:

From here:

Check this one out:

Looks as if he is trying to be the leader of the bullies instead of trying to stop bullyism.

• Members

I have personally witnesses several Christian men benefit from his book,

but other's not to so much. Laura Schlessinger might not be saved, but

Christian's can learn something of value from her. God isn't limited in His

scope in reaching us. Paul's book is simply "too controversial" for many

churches used to passivity. Paul has some pretty hard sayings that alot of

beliver's can't stomach. It doesn't make any difference if Paul is a Catholic,

a Jew (like Schlessinger) or an extra-terrestrial (ok, that one's a joke) what's

important is the message. I received it with great joy because it's a message

that had to be said, regardless if any of you consider it secular in tone or not.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Members

I have a box of heretical books in storage and these two titles are in there; gifts from relatives and one won at a rock-n-roll church.

I used to listen to Dr. Laura on the radio, some practical advice but it's all worldly advice and much is not scriptural. 

Sure it might help some, if there's bible in there God promises that His Word will not return void.  But if Charisma or Rolling Stone magazine had an article on soul-winning we're to stay away from it and not promote it.

• Moderators

I have personally witnesses several Christian men benefit from his book,

but other's not to so much. Laura Schlessinger might not be saved, but

Christian's can learn something of value from her. God isn't limited in His

scope in reaching us. Paul's book is simply "too controversial" for many

churches used to passivity. Paul has some pretty hard sayings that alot of

beliver's can't stomach. It doesn't make any difference if Paul is a Catholic,

a Jew (like Schlessinger) or an extra-terrestrial (ok, that one's a joke) what's

important is the message. I received it with great joy because it's a message

that had to be said, regardless if any of you consider it secular in tone or not.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

It actually makes an enormous amount of difference if he is a Catholic, because then he is probably unsaved, thus without biblical discernment, and so his information comes from a completely worldly, sensual perspective. Dr. Laura is a straw issue, really-she didn't write the book, however, that he would seek an unbeliever to wrote the forward IS telling-again, no discernment.

Now, there is maybe some good things to be gleaned from his writings on bullying, but in no way should a Christian take the advice of a probably unsaved man on how to live as a Christian. This is how false doctrines and the New Age creep into the churches; by Christians not practicing discernment and following the writings of unsaved people who sound good to the flesh. I'm sorry, Tech-I don't mean to be rude or insulting, seriously, but when we follow such writings by those who are lost, and if he is a good Catholic, I suspect he is lost, we will be following the world's way, not God's.

I follow the Prince of Peace, not a god of war. Jesus will come in war one day, and He will destroy the armies of the nations gathered against Him, but that will be His job as King and Conqueror, not ours. Today, we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities and rulers of darkness in high places.

Archived