• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor Cancels Wedding Over ‘Sexy Dress,’ Persecuted For Modest Mindset

John81

• Moderators

Another thing that irks me is this business of "removing the garter". Folks can do what they want but It has no business in a Christian wedding. My daughter won't be doing that either, which I doubt seriously that she would want to.

I don't do weddings where they want a garter ceremony, and anytime that I have been photographer for a wedding I told them upfront that if there is to be a garter ceremony they need to get a different photographer!!

• Members

I don't know if it's true, Jerry, as I only looked it up on the net briefly, but the pages said that white wedding dresses didn't become the norm until the 1920s and that previously women had just worn the best frock they owned.

I figure that is probably true, yet I feel sure those who have have always showed off putting on big fancy weddings. As for me it does not impress me. What impresses me is the man &  woman who gets married & really means it when they say I do until death do we part.

The wife & I got married in her parents house, she wore a nice dress, & her pastor married us, that was on May 18, 1968.

At that time I had a 1963 Chevy Impala 2 door hard top, & they threw dyed rice, I never got all the dyed rice out of that car.

• Members

Another thing that irks me is this business of "removing the garter". Folks can do what they want but It has no business in a Christian wedding. My daughter won't be doing that either, which I doubt seriously that she would want to.

I had never heard of that.

• 6 years later...
  • Moderators
On 10/29/2019 at 3:47 AM, aydenjason123 said:

I think wedding dress should be attractive because its the wedding dress.

It can be attractive without being seductive, immodest, revealing, or alluring. Most today, however, are not.