• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Early Church Fathers Were Premillennial, Pre-Tribulation Rapture

• Members

It is most unfortunate that those of us who want to have an HONEST and OPEN discussion about end times events are constantly hindered, harassed, and frustrated by these pesky praeterists.  I have noticed that they don't really contribute too much on other parts of the forum.  I guess they are only here to debate us on eschatology - apparently they don't have an audience anywhere else. 

So instead of being able to have a fruitful discussion amongst ourselves, these discussions always turn into unedifying, heated debates about the exact same thing.  It is always the same people making the same absurd remarks, OPENLY CHANGING THE KJV BIBLE to suit their needs (I have never had to go to the Greek or Hebrew to prove my point...see Covenantor's post # 60 above!!!!), and then accusing us of not being "serious Bible students," holding to "fanciful interpretations" and not believing the "literal words" in the text. 

It would be nice to have a good discussion amongst people who have the same approach and foundational interpretive principles, while each holding to different nuances, or even questioning certain aspects of our beliefs.....but that is not to be, at least on this forum.

Yes, most unfortunate indeed!

In Christ,

That's 100% true, along with they show not the least bit of respect >as you also mentioned in a previous post.

I believe their mission is to spread their untruths converting everyone possible.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

That's 100% true, along with they show not the least bit of respect >as you also mentioned in a previous post.

I believe their mission is to spread their untruths converting everyone possible.

If you are including me in that, you're 100% wrong.

A.  I am not a preterist.

B.  I post more on other forums.  

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 2013/9/14 at 7:48 AM, Steve Schwenke said:

Just read this with the family:

Lu 12:36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Lu 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

THis fits with the "at hand."  The Lord knows when He is going to return, but He did not reveal it to us and for very good reason.  If the Lord had said, "I am going to return in the year 2014" then the average person would not be AS motivated to serve the Lord faithfully, esp. those from the first century up until the early 1900's.  So the Lord hid that date, said "at hand" (which is accurate!) so that we ALL would be anxiously waiting for His return.  I return to the principle that the Lord wrote the book for ALL of us for ALL time!

Steve,

I appreciate your pointing out to us Luke 12:36 and 37

I do feel they are applicable to the all of the saints from the beginning of the Church Age to the end. It is a fitting way of saying the time is 'at hand' to all of the saints.

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

Through history the rapture could come at any time but now the day of the Lord is near it is near and hasteth greatly because Israel the nation not desired has gathered so the rapture must be even nearer!

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3

14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

1Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;

2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you.

3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 9/10/2013 at 5:17 PM, Covenanter said:

Why should we not think John (in Rev) is prophesying the AD 70 destruction by the Romans.

The primary reason we do not apply an Eschatological fulfillment to the destruction of the Temple in AD70 is that we did not see Christ return.

But I'd be happy to look at this with you.

God bless.

Edited by S.T.Ranger

• Members
On 9/11/2013 at 4:19 AM, Covenanter said:

Where does Scripture teach an AD 96 date for Revelation?

Have you even looked at the various references to "at hand" in Scripture?

Why should God say "at hand" when he means an indefinite time in the future - in fact thousands of years?

How could John's immediate hearers - "companions in tribulation" keep those things which are written therein when the whole prophecy was nothing to do with them, or even any Christians, who were going to  be raptured before the great tribulation?

And what does God mean by things which must shortly come to pass?

Did Jesus not know when he told John "shortly" and "at hand" that he had no idea of thetimescale involved - a timescale that YOU know all about ???? Actually he prophesied that This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. He did know the time scale for the prophesied events, but during his life on earth did not know the timing of the end of heaven & earth. That timing is, of course, known by God, & he would not allow clear & obvious terms to be used with a totally different meaning - still tell his readers to keep them.

I believe the Bible - YOU follow bizarre & fantastic interpretations imposed on it by your dispy sources.

Covenanter, disregard my last post, as this will be the last post I will present on this forum.

God bless.

Edited by S.T.Ranger