• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

No Women In Heaven ?

Bro K

• Members

Jesuspaiditall4all

In order to not derail this thread, I'm going to send you an article on death from the Way of Life Encyclopedia written by David Cloud.  Hopefully it will answer your questions about where the soul/spirit goes after the death of a born again Christian.

I'll send it in a PM

• Members

Jesuspaiditall4all

In order to not derail this thread, I'm going to send you an article on death from the Way of Life Encyclopedia written by David Cloud.  Hopefully it will answer your questions about where the soul/spirit goes after the death of a born again Christian.

I'll send it in a PM

How are the rest of us going to read that?

It's hard to derail a thread in the humor section. Once the jokes told there are only so many comments to make. What I find most funny about the joke is that my wife is typically not that talkative. Most of the time I'm far more talkative than she is.

From I've read, the idea of soul sleep isn't scriptural. Upon death we go to be with the Lord.

• Members

How are the rest of us going to read that?

It's hard to derail a thread in the humor section. Once the jokes told there are only so many comments to make. What I find most funny about the joke is that my wife is typically not that talkative. Most of the time I'm far more talkative than she is.

From I've read, the idea of soul sleep isn't scriptural. Upon death we go to be with the Lord.

I probably posted it somewhere in this forum but I can't remember where or when.    I already sent Jesuspaiditall4all the article in a PM....but if you want me to post it here, I will.

Way of Life Encyclopedia

DEATH

The basic meaning of death is separation. It has three different usages in the Bible in reference to man: 1. Spiritual death-separation from God because of sin (Ephesians 2:1; John 5:24; Colossians 2:13). 2. Physical death-separation of the spirit from the body (Matthew 2:15; Genesis 35:18; James 2:26). 3. Eternal death or Second death-the final, eternal separation of the unsaved from God and life (Revelation 20:14; 21:8; 2 Thessalonians 1:9).

DEATH IS A JOURNEY. Some false teachers say that death is a sleep, but according to the Bible, death is a journey. The body sleeps, but the spirit of man journeys either to Heaven or to Hell. The O.T. teaches that death is a journey (Genesis 25:8; 35:18; Numbers 27:13; 2 Samuel 12:23; 1 Kings 17:21-22).

The N.T. also teaches that death is a departure of the spirit from the body to another conscious realm of existence. (1) The body is distinct from the spirit. "I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless..." (1 Thessalonians 5:23; see also Mark 14:38; 1 Corinthians 6:20; 2 Corinthians 12:2). (2) It is the body which is said to die. "For as the body without the spirit is dead..." (James 2:26). (3) Paul's testimony was that death is a journey. "Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord ... we are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:6-7; see also Philippians 1:23-24; 2 Timothy 4:6). (4) Peter testified that at death he would put off his body. "Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me" (2 Peter 1:14). (5) Jesus' promise to the thief on the cross shows that death is a departure. "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43). (6) The story of Lazarus and the rich man shows that death is a departure. The proper names Jesus used in this story prove He was speaking of a real historical scene, rather than of a fictitious parable. Yet, even if it be allowed that this was a parable, it would still teach literal truth as did all of Christ's parables. "...the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; and in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments..." (Luke 16:22-23).  (7) The dead saints are said to return with Christ from heaven at the time of the resurrection and rapture of the saved. This shows that dead saints go to Heaven at death. "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him" (1 Thessalonians 4:14). (8) John's heavenly visions show dead saints in Heaven prior to the resurrection and during the Great Tribulation on earth (Revelation 6:9-11). (9) Moses' and Elijah's appearance on the Mount of Transfiguration proves that the dead have conscious existence between death and resurrection. That Peter and the other Apostles who were present were not just seeing a future millennial scene is demonstrated by the fact that Moses and Elijah were speaking with the Lord Jesus about His approaching death. Moses and Elijah, though dead, were allowed by God to appear in time on that mountain and to converse about events which were soon to take place in Jerusalem (Matthew 17:1-3; Luke 9:30-31).

It is plain from this survey of N.T. Scripture that man has a spirit or soul which departs from his body at death and which lives eternally either in Heaven or in Hell.

[see also Crucify, Gehenna, Immortal, Heaven, Hell, Long Home, Resurrection, Soul, Spirit, Sheol.]

• Members

If there is no one in Heaven them we are in big trouble, & are wasting our time with God & Jesus, yet thankfully that is not true, & ever saved person that has ever died, their soul in now in Heaven.

What Paul stated is true, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

And the only way to be present with the Lord is for your soul to be in Heaven with our Lord.

1Pe 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Because Jesus is now in Heaven setting on the right hand of the Father.

Archived