• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sodomite-Anarchists Succeed In Shutting Down Christian Business

• Members

I'm not even going to provide a link for this story. you can do it yourself,

starting with (I dare say) Fox News.

The sodomites are celebrating their victory over their success at forcing

a brother and sister in the Lord to close down their bakery business in

Oregon, all because they stood their ground in refusing to participate in

a morally perverse "wedding".

My question is: WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE BY SUPPOSEDLY REAL CHRISTIANS

IN THIS COUNTRY!!!???!!!!!

I know: they're too busy shining their armor or squabbling at one another

to even care. They're the type to sit by quietly and "...the Lord fight our

battles for us, and we need not lift a finger..."

The police out there confirm anonymous sodomite anarchist's threatened

the families of this couple if they didn't shut up and give in and become more

tolerant of their perverted lifestyle.

I'd like to show a little tolerance: the sodomite-anarchists are getting close to

very real violent confrontation with very real unintended consequences,

and  their "buddies" the DOJ won't be able to help them.

• Members

This is a victory, not a defeat. We have a grand example here of standing true to the Lord regardless of cost. That is something to rejoice in! Christ said if we are His followers we WILL suffer persecution. We are further told to rejoice when we are counted worthy to suffer for the Lord's sake.

It's no surprise the lost world is against us and the devil uses the lost to attack us.

Rather than outrage, Christians should unite in praising God and in helping this couple in whatever ways they may be in need of help. Show our love for one another, praise God publically and proclaim the Gospel to all those who look upon us in astonishment.

• Members

The real Christian are quietly going about doing the work that God has ordained them to do praying for the leaders of this country while leading quiet and peaceable life's in all godliness and honesty. You will not read about them on Fox News.

1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty

• Administrators

No such thing as a quiet and peacable life when we sit by and allow this kind of stuff to go on unchallenged...sorry, but it's true.  I don't think the Lord is too happy that we are accepting this kind of stuff.  And, really, by not challenging it, we are accepting it...

• Members

No such thing as a quiet and peacable life when we sit by and allow this kind of stuff to go on unchallenged...sorry, but it's true.  I don't think the Lord is too happy that we are accepting this kind of stuff.  And, really, by not challenging it, we are accepting it...

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Well put, Happy Christian!

So many believer's assume that as long as it's not happening to

them or their merry little band of spiritual hermits, it can't possibly

be real. Let them go about their merry little way singing  praises,

prancing  around like the little spiritual fairies they are, and say

"All is well, the Lord is good...."

• Moderators

The Bible tells us, if we would have a quiet, peacable life, we should be praying for our leadership, which has been ordained of God. I suspect things are as they are because we DON'T pray for them, rather, we spend a lot more time prayng against them, and complaining about them then praying for them.

The little town I live in is very much a federal town-with a base at one end, and a federal prison at the other, and most of the land is BLM land. When things go down, there will be no safety here. The Apostles rejoiced when they were counted worthy to suffer for the Lord's sake-I don't see where this means we are prancing around like little spiritual fairies-we know all isn't well and good, at least the ones actually keeping track of things and not cnahging our doctrines continually to fit the winds of public opinion like many 'churches' today; but that doesn't mean we should be discouraged-rather, we should be happy, because it is made clear that things are moving exactly as the Bible sys it will: wicked men wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.  

Our call has not changed-we still run the race we have been given, going against the current of the world, expecting persecution as promised in scripture. And by the way, our call is not to own bakeries -if we have a business, it is by the grace of God and His to allow to be taken away-it is good they glorified God in how they did business, but it is not a calling to be a baker-we are called to preach the gospel to the lost.

• Members

Leading a quiet and peaceable life. Interesting. So one day I witness

an active-shooter taking human life because he's angry at the world

and everything is everyone else's fault, and we need to understand

his rage, right?

Then it dawns on me: I have the means (and the training) to do something

about this....and I will. I proceed to take his life in defense of self or others.

Now if that means I'm not "leading a quiet and peaceable life" then does it

mean I (somehow) violated Scripture? How about those who expected to go

home in one piece to their loved ones and continue leading a quiet and

peaceable life?

What kind of a witness would I be if I had the presense of mind to stop this

dangerous murderer but didn't? My testimony (and the credibility of Christ)

would be forever tainted in the hearts and minds of those who observed.

I suppose some in the Body of Christ will argue that since they don't have the

same type and frequency of training that I do, that's a "sign" from  the Lord that

they are to just go ahead and live that quiet and peaceable life.

Fine. No one say's you have to go sell your cloak and buy a sword.....

I know we were discussing the sodomite-anarchists and what they just did

by intimidating the couple who owned that bake shop into silence, thus

effectively silencing all Christians. Are we to interpret that to mean we are

to live a quiet and peaceable life when the world and the devil are just walking

all over us like that?

No sir, I DON'T hardly think so!

I reiterate Happy Christan's quote:

"No such thing as a quiet and peaceable life when we sit by and allow this kind

of stuff to go unchallenged...sorry, but it's true. I don't think the Lord is too happy

that we are accepting this kind of stuff. And, really, by not challenging it, we are

accepting it..."

Alot of Christian's today want to avoid conflict in any form (including verbal debates)

because they think it's "unChristian", and Jesus calls us to peace at all times. They

seem to believe that conflict in any form makes for a bad witness to the unsaved,

and it might turn them off to the message of the Gospel. Then  they die in their sin,

and go to hell and their blood will be on our hands, correct?

Am I suggesting that we go out of our way and create conflict with the unsaved?

Absolutely not! What if conflict comes to you, how are you going to handle it? By

apologizing for your faith so as to not rile them up any further, in order to hopefully

win them to Jesus down the road?

I've had enough!

I give the following in the utmost of sincerity.

I'm skeptical sodomites hear the gospel and repentance from anyone here. That said...

Tech45, If your calling for some form of activity from folks here, forget it. You would have to first pry their bleeding knuckles from the keyboard. I don't see that happening.

• Members

I give the following in the utmost of sincerity.

I'm skeptical sodomites hear the gospel and repentance from anyone here. That said...

Tech45, If your calling for some form of activity from folks here, forget it. You would have to first pry their bleeding knuckles from the keyboard. I don't see that happening.

Knuckles? What, yaw don't type with your elbows? I must have have been taught wrong

• Moderators

Leading a quiet and peaceable life. Interesting. So one day I witness

an active-shooter taking human life because he's angry at the world

and everything is everyone else's fault, and we need to understand

his rage, right?

Then it dawns on me: I have the means (and the training) to do something

about this....and I will. I proceed to take his life in defense of self or others.

Now if that means I'm not "leading a quiet and peaceable life" then does it

mean I (somehow) violated Scripture? How about those who expected to go

home in one piece to their loved ones and continue leading a quiet and

peaceable life?

What kind of a witness would I be if I had the presense of mind to stop this

dangerous murderer but didn't? My testimony (and the credibility of Christ)

would be forever tainted in the hearts and minds of those who observed.

I suppose some in the Body of Christ will argue that since they don't have the

same type and frequency of training that I do, that's a "sign" from  the Lord that

they are to just go ahead and live that quiet and peaceable life.

Fine. No one say's you have to go sell your cloak and buy a sword.....

to live a quiet and peaceable life when the world and the devil are just walking

all over us like that?

No sir, I DON'T hardly think so!

I reiterate Happy Christan's quote:

"No such thing as a quiet and peaceable life when we sit by and allow this kind

of stuff to go unchallenged...sorry, but it's true. I don't think the Lord is too happy

that we are accepting this kind of stuff. And, really, by not challenging it, we are

accepting it..."

Alot of Christian's today want to avoid conflict in any form (including verbal debates)

because they think it's "unChristian", and Jesus calls us to peace at all times. They

seem to believe that conflict in any form makes for a bad witness to the unsaved,

and it might turn them off to the message of the Gospel. Then  they die in their sin,

and go to hell and their blood will be on our hands, correct?

Am I suggesting that we go out of our way and create conflict with the unsaved?

Absolutely not! What if conflict comes to you, how are you going to handle it? By

apologizing for your faith so as to not rile them up any further, in order to hopefully

win them to Jesus down the road?

I've had enough!

Well, coming from a person whose nickname is synonomous with a standard issue sidearm, I'm not surprised by your answer. However, if you'll look at both the OP and my post, we never get at all into the protection of the innocent from death-we are dealing with poor decisions by our elected officials and the ramifications of those decisions.

We are also dealing with some Christians who are honored to receive persecution in Jesus' name-why will you stand to defend them, when they are willing to accept such in Jesus' name? Isn't that rather like Peter lopping off the ear of the soldier to protect Jesus from dying?  The couple wasn't exactly silenced by what happened. 

You said, "

all over us like that?"

You apparently don't have much faith in what the Bible tells us if you believe this.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"

So, I guess this doesn't aply to you? You don't get that prayer works-you just figure if we don't take up arms and make sure the government knows how we've had enough, that means Satan is just going to walk all over us?  Our battle is NOT in the flesh-all that is happening in this is due to the powers of darkness in high places, spiritual wickedness. And the only way to combat it is through prayer.

• Members

This is one of the main reasons wickedness is on the rise and Christianity in America is becoming so worldly. American Christians don't want to obey God, they don't want to do things God's way, the Word is ignored in favor of the "wisdom" of men.

The NT is beyond clear as to the duty of Christians, how we are to live our lives and conduct ourselves, as well as addressing the fact this world is temporary and all that really matters is what we do that is of eternal value for Christ and His kingdom.

American Christians have been using the worlds ways for decades now and they are reaping what they've been sowing, worldly results. During these decades of "Christian activism" we've seen the country steadily grow worse, embrace more evil and Christians across the land becoming more worldly and churches falling away.

How sad to hear professing Christians denouncing prayer and what Scripture says about our warfare as if such is nothing.

Who is serving the Lord more, those who have been in consistent prayer the past 10 years and walking as a NT Christian or those who spent their time, talent and treasure trying to get McCain and then Romney elected president? Who is serving the Lord, the one who prays for enemies, offers them a cold drink in the name of Christ, or those who verbally or physically assault them?

This world is not our home. We are here as ambassadors, to be serving our King and His kingdom, not the things of this world.

Were the Apostles right in how they dealt with enemies and adverse conditions as recorded in Scripture or did they leave us a false example?

• Members

This is one of the main reasons wickedness is on the rise and Christianity in America is becoming so worldly. American Christians don't want to obey God, they don't want to do things God's way, the Word is ignored in favor of the "wisdom" of men.

The NT is beyond clear as to the duty of Christians, how we are to live our lives and conduct ourselves, as well as addressing the fact this world is temporary and all that really matters is what we do that is of eternal value for Christ and His kingdom.

American Christians have been using the worlds ways for decades now and they are reaping what they've been sowing, worldly results. During these decades of "Christian activism" we've seen the country steadily grow worse, embrace more evil and Christians across the land becoming more worldly and churches falling away.

How sad to hear professing Christians denouncing prayer and what Scripture says about our warfare as if such is nothing.

Who is serving the Lord more, those who have been in consistent prayer the past 10 years and walking as a NT Christian or those who spent their time, talent and treasure trying to get McCain and then Romney elected president? Who is serving the Lord, the one who prays for enemies, offers them a cold drink in the name of Christ, or those who verbally or physically assault them?

This world is not our home. We are here as ambassadors, to be serving our King and His kingdom, not the things of this world.

Were the Apostles right in how they dealt with enemies and adverse conditions as recorded in Scripture or did they leave us a false example?

Now, all I need is the spiritual strength to practice this, what I know is right.

The OP is easy, the flesh wants to strike fast and hard every time it is offended, I am as guilty as the next with that. If someone convinced me of liberty to swing, I would be in a fight every day- but that ain't the Lord's way or Will for us. Attacking your enemies is the old nature Not the new nature just as much as fornicating, getting drunk, smoking dubies, etc, etc, No BA believer is called by God to get into political activism. Let's not confuse what we want to do with God's Will for us clearly explained in His Word. 

• Members

Now, all I need is the spiritual strength to practice this, what I know is right.

The OP is easy, the flesh wants to strike fast and hard every time it is offended, I am as guilty as the next with that. If someone convinced me of liberty to swing, I would be in a fight every day- but that ain't the Lord's way or Will for us. Attacking your enemies is the old nature Not the new nature just as much as fornicating, getting drunk, smoking dubies, etc, etc, No BA believer is called by God to get into political activism. Let's not confuse what we want to do with God's Will for us clearly explained in His Word. 

The fact you recognize the biblical truth and your own weakness in this area means you are growing in the Lord. I've been there and you are so right, it's much easier to do things in the flesh than it is to surrender to Christ and submit to His way. Supporting "conservative" politicians, speaking out and arguing with others, being ready to fight for the "cause", all of that was where I was at years ago. I look back and am saddened at all the wasted years.

All that said, I still struggle at times. Sometimes the first thought that comes to my mind is of the flesh. I can either indulge vain imaginations about how much satisfaction I think I would get from acting in the flesh, or I can recognize it for what it is, take it to the Lord in prayer, and keep it before the Lord until I actually see the matter through His view.

Actually striving to walk with the Lord isn't easy. Even Jesus said we should count the cost before we decide. Those lost folks who love to say being a Christian is taking the easy way out have no idea what they are saying. If one is truly seeking to live for the Lord, it takes constant prayer, vigilance, reading and studying, application, falling down and getting back up.

Keep battling the flesh, but also rejoice that you can see more clearly now than before and the Lord has revealed an area to you that He's ready, willing and able to help you grow in.

• Members

Supporting "conservative" politicians, speaking out and arguing with others, being ready to fight for the "cause", all of that was where I was at years ago. I look back and am saddened at all the wasted years.

All that said, I still struggle at times. Sometimes the first thought that comes to my mind is of the flesh. I can either indulge vain imaginations about how much satisfaction I think I would get from acting in the flesh, or I can recognize it for what it is, take it to the Lord in prayer, and keep it before the Lord until I actually see the matter through His view.

Actually striving to walk with the Lord isn't easy. Even Jesus said we should count the cost before we decide. Those lost folks who love to say being a Christian is taking the easy way out have no idea what they are saying. If one is truly seeking to live for the Lord, it takes constant prayer, vigilance, reading and studying, application, falling down and getting back up.

Keep battling the flesh, but also rejoice that you can see more clearly now than before and the Lord has revealed an area to you that He's ready, willing and able to help you grow in.

Yeah!  When I first got here I thought John was a wimp for wanting to always pray and not take ACTION to put down these commies who are ruining our land but the Holy Spirit reigned me in and I grew in sanctification to where our views on such matters are very similar now.   :clapping:

Archived