• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Good Baptist Commentary

Gorship

• Members

Matthew Henry was who I was steered to as a young Christian.  He's very wordy, but also thorough.

I would not recommend commentaries since they are merely mans position, but if you use one, use it sparingly.  The best commentary on the Word of God is the Word of God!

• Members

Only issue i have with matthew Henry is that he's a calvinist... and while i understand that doesnt mean that its going to impact everything he has to say or somehow makes it void... after being involved in quite a number of "debates" with people over the issue, i do see it in a lot of writing now and it gets quite bothersome.

Im looking at getting David Sorensons from the northstar ministries, it seems more IFB based and is more of a helpful tool than a "indoctrinating" style commentary. (i use that word loosly hopefully you understand what i mean). Found a good article on commentaries and i recommend it to read if you get a chance: http://www.wayoflife.org/index_files/bible_commentaries.html

• Members

Are you looking for a Baptist commentary for your computer or a hard copy (book)?  Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible and Christianity and Things Hard To Be Understood (both written by David Cloud) come in book form and DVD/CD for your computer.  The computer software (WOLE/THTBU) is a module that works with SwordSearcher Bible software.  Both of those encyclopedia/commentary are IFB/KJV.

• Members

Dr Ruckman´s BIble Commentaries have been a blessing in my life.

And starting in 1.... 2.... 3....

James Knox in Deland Fl has several great commentaries including Jonah, Zechariah, Genesis, Titus, Revelation.

Dr Ken Blue ahs several commentaries, including Acts (one of the best I´ve ever read), Revelation and many smaller books that deal with the minsitry.

God bless,

calvary

• Members

Linda: Im a fan of electronic copys just for convienence. Ill have a look at clouds resources, thanks :)

You might also check out David Cloud's "Fundamental Baptist Digital Library 6.0"  I have the 5.0 version of that library.

• Members

Dr Ruckman´s BIble Commentaries have been a blessing in my life.

And starting in 1.... 2.... 3....

James Knox in Deland Fl has several great commentaries including Jonah, Zechariah, Genesis, Titus, Revelation.

Dr Ken Blue ahs several commentaries, including Acts (one of the best I´ve ever read), Revelation and many smaller books that deal with the minsitry.

God bless,

calvary

Peter Ruckman has some good stuff (probably the best overall commentaries) but I think he gets off into tangents at times and his speech may be too upsetting for some.

Don't know much about James Knox but I've heard nothing but good things about him.

Ken Blue is pretty good. I like his little book Golden Nuggets of Bible Interpretation.

Archived