• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Message For Owner Of This Website.

JTWXJR

• Members

1 Timothy, Chapter 5

20:Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

As according to the word of God. I am rebuking you for disobeying this commandment of God...1 Timothy, Chapter 2, 12: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence... and appointing women as moderators and allowing women to usurp authority over men on this forum. You are responsible for this evil and sin.  Are you going to repent and correct this evil and make it right in the sight of the Lord?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The bible says nothing about women not being teachers at all. I don't believe they should be official preachers, but teachers of the Word is different. A lot Sunday school teachers are women. I think this guy is placing women lower on the totem pole than men, and that's wrong. 

• Members

The OP has a good point. I know many brethren who won't read a book by a female author because, well, she's a woman. Gail Riplinger is one example. 

I think this is a case of the the scripture speaking of women not usurping authority in church. I don't think the female moderators on this board are usurping authority within the church. In fact, they're not really usurping authority at all. No female moderators are trying to take over the forum.

Also, the context of I Corinthians 14:34,35 is speaking in tongues and prophesying, neither which are done today.

My only problem with female moderators that I've experienced on other websites is they tend to shut down threads too quickly. It's like they are on a power trip. Maybe they're acting out a fantasy they wish they could do in real life to men.  ;)

• Members

1 Timothy, Chapter 5

20:Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

As according to the word of God. I am rebuking you for disobeying this commandment of God...1 Timothy, Chapter 2, 12: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence... and appointing women as moderators and allowing women to usurp authority over men on this forum. You are responsible for this evil and sin.  Are you going to repent and correct this evil and make it right in the sight of the Lord?

You need to visit my how to get lock out in 48 hours post. You're on track.... :verymad:

• Moderators

The OP has a good point. I know many brethren who won't read a book by a female author because, well, she's a woman. Gail Riplinger is one example. 

I think this is a case of the the scripture speaking of women not usurping authority in church. I don't think the female moderators on this board are usurping authority within the church. In fact, they're not really usurping authority at all. No female moderators are trying to take over the forum.

Also, the context of I Corinthians 14:34,35 is speaking in tongues and prophesying, neither which are done today.

My only problem with female moderators that I've experienced on other websites is they tend to shut down threads too quickly. It's like they are on a power trip. Maybe they're acting out a fantasy they wish they could do in real life to men.  ;)

I think that while some are on a power trip, the power trip reaction doesn't seem as prevalent today as it was with the feminists of the 70s through late 80s when they felt they had to prove themselves to be something.

I think many times the women are quicker to lock things down (I've even felt our ladies here have done it occasionally -- though some have felt I'm too reluctant, I think that contrast tempers things here) is because of either: 1) reaction by emotion (though we definitely have some men here who react via emotion), or 2: the level of "vigorous discussion" that guys are used to make the gals feel like there's fighting taking place (especially if they didn't have male siblings).

• Members

The bible says nothing about women not being teachers at all. I don't believe they should be official preachers, but teachers of the Word is different. A lot Sunday school teachers are women. I think this guy is placing women lower on the totem pole than men, and that's wrong.

"official preacher" I cannot remember ever hearing this title. Please explain.

Archived