• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your Favorite Pastor Will Let You Down Someday...

The Glory Land

• Members

It is normal that we are looking for perfection in our leaders; our pastors are trying their best, but they always fall short. Could this be because they are human and fall short to the glory of God? Why don’t God or Jesus make then perfect? Then we would not have pastors, but robots. Pastors can let you down with their teachings, testimonies, attitude, and even being prejudice. Remember that your pastor might be the best preacher in the world, but someday he will let you down. Knowing this now, before hand, will help you later.

E Morales with the glory land... :amen:

• Members

Just yesterday, during the Wednesday night service, the pastor of our local church, Pastor Scott Markle by name (whom I know quite well, since he happens to be me), was required to express a public confession of sinful rudeness against one of the other men of the congregation, for having cut him off during a discussion in the public Bible study of the previous Wednesday service. 

Yes, even pastors who are genuinely seeking to lead in a Biblical and godly manner do at times yield to the influences of their sinful flesh, especially in the realm of their attitudes and their communications, and thereby do at times sin both against the Lord God and against fellow believers.  Yet the willingness of pastors to humble themselves in repentant confession of their own sinful attitudes, communications, and behavior grants opportunity for them teach by their example how Biblically to express repentance and to make reconciliation with the Lord God and with fellow believers.  (Note:  This last point is also true in relation to parents and the training of their children.)

• Members

It is normal that we are looking for perfection in our leaders; our pastors are trying their best, but they always fall short. Could this be because they are human and fall short to the glory of God? Why don’t God or Jesus make then perfect? Then we would not have pastors, but robots. Pastors can let you down with their teachings, testimonies, attitude, and even being prejudice. Remember that your pastor might be the best preacher in the world, but someday he will let you down. Knowing this now, before hand, will help you later.

E Morales with the glory land... :amen:

Brother Morales,

I recognize the contextual perspective of your original post concerned the human pastors that minister in churches on the earth at the present time.  However, I would like to present a thought from a different contextual perspective -- In fact, my most favorite Pastor is the Chief Shepherd (Pastor), our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  And He is a Pastor that is absolutely trustworthy, who will never "let me down" in any way at any time for any reason. Amen!

• Members

Yet, even though Jesus Christ is that pastor's Chief Shepherd, that pastor is still guilty of not heeding the voice of the Shepherd many times. (as we all are)

We are commanded to "Be ye perfect as He is perfect," yet many times stubbornness or some other sinful trait prevents man from accepting truth.

• Members

Just yesterday, during the Wednesday night service, the pastor of our local church, Pastor Scott Markle by name (whom I know quite well, since he happens to be me), was required to express a public confession of sinful rudeness against one of the other men of the congregation, for having cut him off during a discussion in the public Bible study of the previous Wednesday service. 

Yes, even pastors who are genuinely seeking to lead in a Biblical and godly manner do at times yield to the influences of their sinful flesh, especially in the realm of their attitudes and their communications, and thereby do at times sin both against the Lord God and against fellow believers.  Yet the willingness of pastors to humble themselves in repentant confession of their own sinful attitudes, communications, and behavior grants opportunity for them teach by their example how Biblically to express repentance and to make reconciliation with the Lord God and with fellow believers.  (Note:  This last point is also true in relation to parents and the training of their children.)

Amen, Amen! That's part of being an "ensample to the flock".

• Members

Bible Believing Baptists are supposed to believe in the PRiesthood of the Believer, which means that we are all EQUAL in Christ.  There is no priest class in the NT Local Church, according to Scripture.  Yet some in these last days have elevated the Scriptural office of "Bishop" (or "Pastor") into a near-priest like class.  They teach what they call "Pastoral Authority," but what they practice is "Pastoral Deity." 
I believe the Bible teaches that we are all sinners, and IN CHRIST, we are all equal.  God may give some gifts to certain people, and God may call certain people into certain offices, but those gifts and/or offices do not in any way mean that those particular people have any "Most Favored People" status with the Lord.  The Lord repeatedly reminds us that "there is no respect of persons" with God.  The Lord judges all men EQUALLY regardless of class, status, rank, position, or title.

I just wish that some of our brethren would return to their Biblical roots of the Priesthood of the Believer in PRACTICE.  They believe in it, and teach it, but fail to practice it. 

Pastor Markle, thank you for your humility not only in leading your flock, but also in sharing that experience with us.  We are but sinful creatures, prone to error and sin.  Much trust and love can be gained when we own up to our failings. 

In Christ,

• Members

Bible Believing Baptists are supposed to believe in the PRiesthood of the Believer, which means that we are all EQUAL in Christ.  There is no priest class in the NT Local Church, according to Scripture.  Yet some in these last days have elevated the Scriptural office of "Bishop" (or "Pastor") into a near-priest like class.  They teach what they call "Pastoral Authority," but what they practice is "Pastoral Deity." 
I believe the Bible teaches that we are all sinners, and IN CHRIST, we are all equal. 
God may give some gifts to certain people, and God may call certain people into certain offices, but those gifts and/or offices do not in any way mean that those particular people have any "Most Favored People" status with the Lord.  The Lord repeatedly reminds us that "there is no respect of persons" with God.  The Lord judges all men EQUALLY regardless of class, status, rank, position, or title.

I just wish that some of our brethren would return to their Biblical roots of the Priesthood of the Believer in PRACTICE.  They believe in it, and teach it, but fail to practice it. 

Pastor Markle, thank you for your humility not only in leading your flock, but also in sharing that experience with us.  We are but sinful creatures, prone to error and sin.  Much trust and love can be gained when we own up to our failings. 

In Christ,

Yes, someone above posted that all of us let others down. We all know this. I, myself, have let others down even on these Forums. Yet Pastor Markle has shown us that he doesn't just TELL others to admit our faults and repent: he SHOWS how it's done. Thank you for sharing that, Brother Markle.

• Members

I’d rather see a sermon than hear one any day.
I’d rather one would walk with me than merely tell the way.
The eye’s a better pupil and more willing than the ear. 
Fine counsel is confusing, but example’s always clear. 
The best of all the preachers are the men who live their creeds. 
For to see good put in action is what everybody needs.

I soon can learn to do it if you’ll let me see it done. 
I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run. 
The lectures you deliver may be very wise and true.
But I’d rather get my lesson by observing what you do. 
I may not understand the high advice that you may give.
But there’s no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.

• Members

I've only had two pastors I really held in high esteem and I can honestly say they never let me down. That doesn't mean they were perfect. I knew both were solid men of God, very humble while yet be biblically sound leaders. While there were a few things I didn't agree completely with them on, and I could come up with a few things I would have like to seen dealt with or put forth somewhat differently, that wasn't a let down because I already knew they weren't perfect, nor I, and that there will always be some areas between all of us we see somewhat differently.

So, thankfully, my favorite pastors have never let me down.

• Members

I've only had two pastors I really held in high esteem and I can honestly say they never let me down. That doesn't mean they were perfect. I knew both were solid men of God, very humble while yet be biblically sound leaders. While there were a few things I didn't agree completely with them on, and I could come up with a few things I would have like to seen dealt with or put forth somewhat differently, that wasn't a let down because I already knew they weren't perfect, nor I, and that there will always be some areas between all of us we see somewhat differently.

So, thankfully, my favorite pastors have never let me down.

That's what I meant when I said teaching or preaching. They say something that we don't agree with, Let me down...

Archived