• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Wife Is Never Equal To The Husband

PreacherOfTruth

• Members

Luk 22:27  For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

2Pe 3:16  As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is a reason why you deny that Jesus is your servant. Can you own up to that reason?

This defeats all those verses you are quoting trying to justify your sin.

You will not acknowledge that Jesus is your servant because you do not believe he is so.

There fore making those verses all in vain concerning you.

• Members

Why would you have to exalt or humble yourself to rule over your wife and family? If you have self desires your heart is not right with God. if you have to exalt or humble yourself to rule and lead your wife and family your heart is not right with God.

Oh.... you are saying you have to let them have their way sometimes, for the sake of peace and harmony in your family?

You are sadly mistaken.

All people have selfish desires.  I do.  You do.  Jesus did (He asked the Father to "let this cup pass" from him...he did not want to give his life on the cross).  Despite his selfish desires, Jesus put them aside and put the interest of the human race above his own selfish interests.  He did not succumb to the selfish interests.

It is not about letting others in the family have their way.  It is about loving others as Jesus first loved us.  If I truly love others, I will want them to be happy and cared for.  So I put aside my selfish desires to serve them.  

God wants us to know one another.  To know one another, we must know the desires of each other.  We all desire to be known.  My wife knows me and knows what I like.  She can supply what I need and desire far more than I could supply for myself because of her love for me.  I hope and pray I do the same for her.  

• Members

2Pe 3:16  As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

2Co 1:13  For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end;

• Members

There is a reason why you deny that Jesus is your servant. Can you own up to that reason?

This defeats all those verses you are quoting trying to justify your sin.

You will not acknowledge that Jesus is your servant because you do not believe he is so.

There fore making those verses all in vain concerning you.

Luk 12:9  But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

• Moderators

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

James 3:17

• Members

Luk 12:9  But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

1Co 14:37  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

• Members

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

James 3:17

Where is this wisdom form?

Jesus went around calling EVIL DOERS all these names. Shaming them everywhere He went and taught and preached.

vipers

serpents

dogs

swine

wolves

hypocrites

devils

Jesus said of the Jews that did not believe what He preached and did not repent from their sins, were children of the devil. He said their father was the devil.

Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew, Chapter 22,18: But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?

Matthew, Chapter 15, 26: But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and cast it to dogs.

John, Chapter 6, 70: Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

• Members

​I would suggest that you all find something that you can believe that you can stand up for without shame.

Psa_25:3  Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Psa_119:46  I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.

Rom_1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Php_1:20  According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

• Members

​I have with the truth defeated everything you all have said trying to justify your sin.

Keep fooling yourself if you want to.

Discussions like this should not be about "defeating" others, or "winning" a debate.  They should be about building one another up and encouraging one another to serve and love Christ the way he first served and loved us.  

In the same manner, a marriage is not about a wife obeying his husband or a husband barking commands at his wife and demanding her submission.  A marriage is about love and service to one another, just as Christ loved and served his church.

That is my final words on the matter.  I hope you have a good life, as I find no further discussion at this point with you of any benefit, but just a waste of time.  

May you find and experience the wonderful love of God, and in turn love and serve those around you.

Archived