• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Wife Is Never Equal To The Husband

PreacherOfTruth

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like telling me that Jesus was a servant and blah blah blha...

Is Jesus your servant?

That defeats all this yo are trying to use to justify your sin.

Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus served me very well by dying on the cross.  So I owe him everything and follow his example of being a servant by serving others, including my wife.

The Bible says he was a servant.  He took on the form of a servant.  He washed his disciples feet.  He served the sick and downcast in society.  His entire life was devoted to service.  What a wonderful example for us all to follow.

• Members

Jesus is your servant. Yes or no?

Philippians2:

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Before you can be "exalted", sir, you must humble yourself. Yes, I am supposed to be the leader, and final authority in my home. But any act of exercising my authority is to be, first and foremost, for the good of my Wife and family. instead of my own selfish desires including "power".

• Members

Philippians2:

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Before you can be "exalted", sir, you must humble yourself. Yes, I am supposed to be the leader, and final authority in my home. But any act of exercising my authority is to be, first and foremost, for the good of my Wife and family. instead of my own selfish desires including "power".

Why would you have to exalt or humble yourself to rule over your wife and family? If you have self desires your heart is not right with God. if you have to exalt or humble yourself to rule and lead your wife and family your heart is not right with God.

Oh.... you are saying you have to let them have their way sometimes, for the sake of peace and harmony in your family?

• Members

Is Jesus your servant? Yes or no?

Php 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

• Members

Php 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Luk 22:27  For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

• Members

Is Jesus your servant? Yes or no?

• Members

Luk 22:27  For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

2Ti 2:23  But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Archived