• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Wife Is Never Equal To The Husband

PreacherOfTruth

• Members

Welcome to the forum PreacherOfTruth.  Would you kindly share with us your background and testimony?

What a great thread to share our testimonies! At least something productive could come of this.

I was born again in Christ the Sunday after my 18th birthday in 1981 (hence the "81" after my name). That Sunday night was the first time I had ever heard of a coming end times, judgment and the One and Only way to heaven. After hearing the Gospel clearly presented for the first time in my life, the Holy Ghost convicted me and I was born again in Christ.

How much better for us to share testimonies than respond to pot stirrers!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a great thread to share our testimonies! At least something productive could come of this.

I was born again in Christ the Sunday after my 18th birthday in 1981 (hence the "81" after my name). That Sunday night was the first time I had ever heard of a coming end times, judgment and the One and Only way to heaven. After hearing the Gospel clearly presented for the first time in my life, the Holy Ghost convicted me and I was born again in Christ.

How much better for us to share testimonies than respond to pot stirrers!!!

Give us your testimony how you became a servant to your wife. 

• Members

It's an equal partnership between me and my wife. We wouldn't have it any other way.  :-)  And as for my daughters, I sure hope that they do not marry a man who treats them in an unequal manner.  

You seem to leave out the verse in Ephesians that says "Submit to one another as unto the Lord."  We are to treat one another with respect and put each other's needs ahead of our own.  So in my partnership, I submit to my wife, and she to me.  We put one another's interests ahead of our own, and we both feel loved and respected.  When we argue, it is usually because we are looking out for our own interest instead of the other spouse. 

How do you submit to your wife? Does Jesus submit to you? Yes or no?

• Members

Why do I "submit" to my wife, and how you ask?  

Why: 

Paul says to in Ephesians:

15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

We are to submit to one another as unto God.  We are to put the interest of others ahead of our own.  We are to put the needs, desires and wants of others ahead of our own needs, wants and desires.  That is submitting our will to the will of others.  

I do so to my wife, and she does to me.  How do I submit?  Well, if we have a financial decision to make, I take into consideration how it will impact her.  She does the same to me.  We talk about it, and come to a consensus.  During the day, I think about what she wants and needs, and try to find ways to meet those needs and desires.  When I get home from work, I take over caring for the children and bathe them and put them to bed.  After she cooks, I clean the kitchen.  

If we have a disagreement, I listen closely to her.  I try to see things from her point of view, and she does the same for me.  Once we understand each other and "submit" to each other, the argument usually resolves itself.  

So that is how and why.  The Bible tells me to love others and put others ahead of myself.  

• Members

Jesus did not submit to anyone but the Father. When you submit to your wives you are out of the will of God.

Why would a man of God ever be in any position that he would have to submit to his wife?

Matthedw20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. 26But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; 27And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: 28Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Jesus, when He was on this earth, went about SERVING and minstering to others.  At the marriage supper of the Lamb, Jesus will actually "gird Himself" and "serve us". And the very reason that Jesus will be "exalted" is because He humbles Himself and SERVES. Likewise, a "Husband" or someone practicing "husbandry" is a person who manages, cultivates as a faithful steward. If you love your wife, as Christ loves the Church, you will continually provide for your Wife's every need physically and emotionally. If she asks you for something or to do something, you will gladly oblige if it is prudent, safe, and within your power to do so. It means taking the responsibility for the welfare of your Wife and kids and even die for them if necessary.

• Members

Matthedw20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. 26But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; 27And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: 28Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Jesus, when He was on this earth, went about SERVING and minstering to others.  At the marriage supper of the Lamb, Jesus will actually "gird Himself" and "serve us". And the very reason that Jesus will be "exalted" is because He humbles Himself and SERVES. Likewise, a "Husband" or someone practicing "husbandry" is a person who manages, cultivates as a faithful steward. If you love your wife, as Christ loves the Church, you will continually provide for your Wife's every need physically and emotionally. If she asks you for something or to do something, you will gladly oblige if it is prudent, safe, and within your power to do so. It means taking the responsibility for the welfare of your Wife and kids and even die for them if necessary.

Jesus is your servant. Yes or no?

Archived