• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shane From TN

• Members

Hello all, I am Shane. I am in the US Army, and currently in Korea. I am scheduled to fly back to the States in a few days, where I will return to my home state of TN and will be stationed at Ft Campbell.

I have been married to a wonderful woman for 7 years now.

I was basically raised in a church, and I accepted the Lord while I was attending a church youth group in High School. I continued to follow him for the rest of my high school years. Yet it seems I have grown distant from him. Since I have been married, my wife and I have not been to church, except on a few occasions with her grandma, things like Easter and such.

Needless to say, I have not lived a Christian life for quite a few years now, but something hit me the other day. I am not sure what it was, but I got on the internet, and downloaded the Bible Explorer, and all the free books, and Bibles they had to go with it. This program helps me plan out how to read the Bible.

With that, I am an outdoorsmen, I love to hunt, fish, etc. So I found myself signing up for the Daily Sportsmen?s Devotional, words that relate to what I enjoy. These daily emails continue to remind me of the direction I NEED to be heading.

I am not sure what has come over me, and as I write this intro, I wonder how I can share these past few days with people I do not know, and have never met. I for some reason am on a track towards good. I want to become more involved with the church, and I want my wife to become involved as well. I want to raise my children in a Church. Like I was. Yet, I find myself lost in all this. Is this truly me, or does someone above have a hand in guiding me. I have studied the Bible off and on over the years, mostly when I ?needed? it. Times I was at war, etc. But I never continued to lead a good life. Not saying I have lead a bad life, but I have sinned along the way.

With this lost feeling is fear, how do I bring this to my wife when I return, how do I get her involved. I want her to be with me forever. I love her, yet feel scared to tell her I am returning to living a life of God. I will see my wife again on Tues at the airport, and I will have time to think of how I am to tell her I want to have a Christian home.
Can I once again live a good life as I have done before?

I hope this forum helps me connect with others, and hopefully I can find the answers to my questions. I want to apologize for the long winded post, but I just needed to get this all off my chest.

• Members

Howdy Shane! :wave:

Sounds like the Holy Ghost has put conviction in your heart. That's definetly the Lord calling you to where you ought to be. Never fear, for the Lord always knows best. Trust in Him, pray for Him to work in your wifes heart as well. If you lead wisely, your wife will follow.

• Administrators

Welcome aboard, Shane, and God bless you as you come home to Him. I'll be praying for you as you see your wife again. Ask God for wisdom, make sure you tell her how much you love her - and don't just drop it on her as soon as you see her!

Thank you for your service to our country, also. I hope we can be a blessing to you here.