• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Godly Way Women Are To Dress And Look

PreacherOfTruth

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How can anyone believe that it is the will of God, for women to dress and look anyway other than according to the standards set here in the written word of God? 

We will start with bikini's. How could a Christian women ever wear one of these wicked things and not feel guilty? How could a Christian man ever allow his daughter or wife ever even own this wickedness much less wear it?

Deuteronomy, Chapter 22

5: The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

1 Timothy, Chapter 2
9: In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10: But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

1 Corinthians, Chapter 11
6: For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7: For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8: For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
9: Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

14: Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15: But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

+I'm going to let the wife read this; then take her gold wedding ring, diamonds and anything else she has of value and buy me a fishing boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

How can any CHRISTIAN believe that it is the will of God, for WOMAN to dress and look any other way, than according to the standards set here in the written word of God?

How could a CHRISTIAN women ever wear one of these wicked things called a BIKINI and not feel guilty? How could a Christian man ever allow his daughter or wife ever to even own this wickedness much less wear it? WEARING BIKINI'S IS AN ABOMINATION TO GOD.

How can CHRISTIAN men allow their wives and daughters to wear makeup. That is certainly not Godly.

• Members
Eph 2:1 ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Women, females, dress immodest because they're following the course of this world, walking hand toin hand with the old Devil, the prince of the power of the air. Perhaps claiming to have been transformed, yet never showing it, living like the lost people, showing no respect, no love for God by truly trusting & obeying.

• Members

Eph 2:1 ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Women, females, dress immodest because they're following the course of this world, walking hand toin hand with the old Devil, the prince of the power of the air. Perhaps claiming to have been transformed, yet never showing it, living like the lost people, showing no respect, no love for God by truly trusting & obeying.

Some do this out of ignorance, not outright rebellion. Many women have never been taught anything at all about the true nature of modesty or why it's important. Many women have never heard sound biblical teaching on the subject. In most churches the older women are not training the younger women in this area. Sadly, in many churches today the older women themselves are still ignorant about such matters.

Many women in church today grew up wearing bikinis from the time they were very little girls. They have been taught and trained that such is okay. Having dressed like that all their lives, with the idea wearing a bikini in public is fine, they have no way at all to understand how anyone could think their dress is inappropriate because it only goes down to mid-thigh and has a plunging neckline. These women need biblical instruction, especially from mature Christian women who have the patience to work through this issue with them.

True enough, there are some women who do know there is a reason to dress modestly and that their dress is immodest and yet they dress that way anyway. These women are in true rebellion, refusing to obey the Word in this matter. The first thing which needs addressed with them is their rebellious sin.

Today we have several generations of people out there who have never been taught good morality and who have never been biblically taught about many things. If they are in Christ, they need to be discipled.

• Members

How can any CHRISTIAN believe that it is the will of God, for WOMAN to dress and look any other way, than according to the standards set here in the written word of God?

How could a CHRISTIAN women ever wear one of these wicked things called a BIKINI and not feel guilty? How could a Christian man ever allow his daughter or wife ever to even own this wickedness much less wear it? WEARING BIKINI'S IS AN ABOMINATION TO GOD.

How can CHRISTIAN men allow their wives and daughters to wear makeup. That is certainly not Godly.

I'm only speaking from my own experience but most men I run into aren't men at all. They cannot and will not lead their family. I don't know if it's because men fear women or what but I've met very few men who have strong personalities. Men "allow" their wives, daughters do these things because they do not lead the home. They are not the patriarch of the family. We can give much if not all the thanks to the feminist for all this craziness. 

It is very hard for women to be submissive to a man today. We have choices like we've never had before. I can easily choose to divorce now because I have a career making my own money. Money equals freedom. I don't rely on my husband like I would have pre-60's. I can choose to be a real pain in the rear and talk down to you because I really don't care. That freedom has provided me a choice to treat you like dirt. I have nothing to loose. I don't have to do anything because now I have a choice. I have the "out of here" option available that wasn't before.

Believe me if a women's job is in the home caring for her husband and children there is nothing prompting her to have thoughts of leaving for a better life (or better man). Ever since the majority of women have been working outside the home we've seen a huge increase in one parent households. A man cannot rule over someone who has no motive to submit. G_d won't take priority to a working woman. However when she fulfills her role as a mother and wife it will come more naturally to submit to her husband and G_d.

I speak from experience.

• Members

You cannot MAKE your wife or, ultimately, your kids submit to you.

I'm only speaking from my own experience but most men I run into aren't men at all. They cannot and will not lead their family. I don't know if it's because men fear women or what but I've met very few men who have strong personalities. Men "allow" their wives, daughters do these things because they do not lead the home. They are not the patriarch of the family. We can give much if not all the thanks to the feminist for all this craziness. 

It is very hard for women to be submissive to a man today. We have choices like we've never had before. I can easily choose to divorce now because I have a career making my own money. Money equals freedom. I don't rely on my husband like I would have pre-60's. I can choose to be a real pain in the rear and talk down to you because I really don't care. That freedom has provided me a choice to treat you like dirt. I have nothing to loose. I don't have to do anything because now I have a choice. I have the "out of here" option available that wasn't before.

Believe me if a women's job is in the home caring for her husband and children there is nothing prompting her to have thoughts of leaving for a better life (or better man). Ever since the majority of women have been working outside the home we've seen a huge increase in one parent households. A man cannot rule over someone who has no motive to submit. G_d won't take priority to a working woman. However when she fulfills her role as a mother and wife it will come more naturally to submit to her husband and G_d.

I speak from experience.

If husbands and wives would just obey the following verses, there would be far less divorce or even discord in homes. Wives are even commanded to LEAD the home if necessary (read verses 1-6) The husband can begin to take his rightful place by simply doing what it says in verse 7.

1 Peter 3:

1Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 2While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. 3Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 5For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

• Members

Of course you can't. However changes in society have changed us making submission a bad word.

You cannot MAKE your wife or, ultimately, your kids submit to you.

• Members

I speak from experience.

It is not my problem that Christian men will not lead and do what is right.  Most of them marry out of the will of God. They too are stubborn and evil and disobedient like the christian women.  That is not my problem.

Archived