• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Tutu's Modernism

RSS Robot

• Members
zz_desmond-_tutu_8_27
Desmond Tutu (b. 1931), retired Anglican archbishop of Cape Town, South Africa, is frequently in the news in spite of his advanced age. 

TUTU BLASPHEMOUSLY QUESTIONS THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF CHRIST

“Some people thought there was something odd about Jesus’ birth... It may be that Jesus was an illegitimate son” (Cape Times, October 24, 1980).

TUTU BELIEVES THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS THIS PRESENT WORLD

“When justice prevails over injustice as in Zimbabwe, it shows that the kingdom of God is here already” (Ecunews, November 1980).

In fact, the Bible teaches that the kingdom of God will be established on this earth at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory -- and not before! And certainly the kingdom of God is not now being established by communist leaders in Zimbabwe. 

“And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD SHOULD IMMEDIATELY APPEAR. He said therefore, A CERTAIN NOBLEMAN WENT INTO A FAR COUNTRY TO RECEIVE FOR HIMSELF A KINGDOM, AND TO RETURN. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. And it came to pass, that WHEN HE WAS RETURNED, HAVING RECEIVED THE KINGDOM, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading” (Luke 19:11-15). 

TUTU EXALTS MURDERING COMMUNISTS

“[Nelson] Mandela is my leader, and I am not going to be dictated to as to who should be my leader” (The Star, August 16, 1985).

At the time when Tutu made this statement, Mandela was in prison for attempting a violent overthrow of the South African government. When the government offered to release him from prison if he would renounce violence, Mandela refused. Mandela’s African National Congress murdered thousands of black South Africans in its push to destroy the old government. One of its tactics was “necklacing” whereby a rubber tire filled with gasoline was forced around a victim’s chest and arms and set on fire. “The victim may take up to 20 minutes to die, suffering severe burns in the process.” Mandela’s wife, Winnie, said on April 13, 1985, “... with our boxes of matches and our necklaces we shall liberate this country.” 

Tutu did not support necklacing and even saved one man who was about to be murdered by rushing into the crowd and throwing his arms around the man, but he did identify publicly with the brutal ANC. 

View the full article

• Members

Considering Cloud's audience is almost exclusively those of a traditional, conservative, fundamentalist IFB or otherwise Baptist group, this is one of those topics he speaks on that I'm not sure why he does so.

Who among the Cloud's readership would give any serious consideration to what Tutu says or doesn't say, or give any weight to his statements or pays any attention to him at all?

Tutu has long been a man of the world, not any true "man of the cloth". His focus has virtually always been upon politics and race, with "Christianity" being his means to more involve himself in those matters.

I know of no Baptists who pay any attention to Tutu, or nearly any liberal, worldly "priest/pastor" outside of what shows up within Baptist circles.

Certainly Cloud can address whatever he wishes, but unless it's hoped this message somehow goes outside his typical audience, I don't really see the point.

• Members

Just a guess, maybe he publishes this for his audience to share with those who are not on the right path, and/or for those who do not subscribe to his updates who may stumble on his site?

That was my only thought, which I mentioned in my final sentence. Even then, most of Cloud's audience tend to be very separatist and most outside his audience, once they have heard of Cloud on a matter and look into it (speaking from my own experience, nothing scientific) they are put off by what they read online and reject Cloud as a source.

In my nearly 32 years as a Christian I've never encountered an actual (real world) Christian who knew much at all about Tutu, let alone considered anything he says or discusses such.

There are so many bad things influencing and finding their way into our Baptist churches, but so far I've not seen anything from Tutu in that matter. I have heard a few Baptist pastors quote from some wicked false Christians such as Mother Teresa or MLK, but never Tutu.

At this time of the 50th anniversary of MLKs "dream" speech, and considering the fact MLK is now not only revered in most mainstream churches, but also in a growing number of Baptist churches, it would seem more timely and of greater use to address the false "Christianity" of MLK, his wicked associations and agenda, if he's wanting to address false teachings and wickedness coming from a "Christian leader" that's impacting our Baptist (and other) churches.

In any event, Cloud can address what he wants, when he wants. This particular article just seems out of place to me so I was curious as to why this and why now.

• Administrators

He addresses all kinds of things.  And, actually, Tutu's daughter was liked by Falwell...so, this does have something for us.  More than that, his works reach around the world, where Tutu does have an influence.  He doesn't write just for American Christians...

• Members

He addresses all kinds of things.  And, actually, Tutu's daughter was liked by Falwell...so, this does have something for us.  More than that, his works reach around the world, where Tutu does have an influence.  He doesn't write just for American Christians...

Then perhaps it has a greater application outside America. That would make sense. Thank you.

Archived