• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Forget Google, Yahoo, Lycos, And The Rest

• Members

Heard this all before.

They all moniter your online searches and eventually

turn that over to goverment, but not as easily because

of the scandels gone full press now.

Begin and end your day with all your searches with

StartPage (regardless of how slow it is at first).

https://startpage.com

If that doesn't woek right away, or not at all (don't see

why not) then use this:

https://startpage.com/eng/

• Members

That may be true at the moment, yet the way things are headed it will not be true very long. For it will soon be full open season on the followers of Jesus Christ.

Plus, here in America the Constitution supposedly guarantees our privacy. Citizens are not to be subject to searches (and the government snooping into our search history, emails and such is an unwarranted search) without probable cause.

What a shame so many are willing to sacrifice their privacy and constitutional rights of not being treated like a criminal. Many seem to think internet stuff doesn't count or something, but really, what's the difference between the government snooping on 75% of all emails and if they had agents snooping through 75% of all snail mail? Nothing!

• Members

Plus, here in America the Constitution supposedly guarantees our privacy. Citizens are not to be subject to searches (and the government snooping into our search history, emails and such is an unwarranted search) without probable cause.

What a shame so many are willing to sacrifice their privacy and constitutional rights of not being treated like a criminal. Many seem to think internet stuff doesn't count or something, but really, what's the difference between the government snooping on 75% of all emails and if they had agents snooping through 75% of all snail mail? Nothing!

I believe its a fact, in not the to far future everything will be on the internet stored in servers & nothing will be safe.

• Members

I believe its a fact, in not the to far future everything will be on the internet stored in servers & nothing will be safe.

When confronted about all these "data mining" (that's their term for invading our privacy) projects they claimed only numbers, key words and such were looked at, no actual emails read, no compiling lists of sites searched, no cell phone calls listened to, no information stored. Then, shortly after this, it was discovered in several different departments that calls were listened to, emails were being read and site searches were being compiled, and all this information was being stored in permanent data banks.

I really can't understand why so many folks still think they can trust the government.

• Members

When confronted about all these "data mining" (that's their term for invading our privacy) projects they claimed only numbers, key words and such were looked at, no actual emails read, no compiling lists of sites searched, no cell phone calls listened to, no information stored. Then, shortly after this, it was discovered in several different departments that calls were listened to, emails were being read and site searches were being compiled, and all this information was being stored in permanent data banks.

I really can't understand why so many folks still think they can trust the government.

I do a great deal of "data mining" for my business and I can tell you it's not all about getting data. It involves data yes but also what is behind it as well as what it all means when it comes together. This involves a great deal of "deep diving" for stuff that otherwise wouldn't be of interest to the normal web searcher. Though my purposes are in good intent it doesn't mean it's right. I justify much of it to if you don't want people to see it then don't put it out there. If I figure out how to find the info it's your own fault for putting it out there for me to find. All in all it's not the most honest work especially when you have request come in to access data on particular people. That's where you have to be careful and ask yourself a great deal of questions.

As to why my ex and older son are convinced I work for the CIA and FBI lol. Seriously my ex said that in the court room AND the judge in all seriousness asked me if I did!! I just about fell off the stand laughing (but I didn't). Yes cause you know with all that free time I have I moonlight for the government... go figure

• Members

I do a great deal of "data mining" for my business and I can tell you it's not all about getting data. It involves data yes but also what is behind it as well as what it all means when it comes together. This involves a great deal of "deep diving" for stuff that otherwise wouldn't be of interest to the normal web searcher. Though my purposes are in good intent it doesn't mean it's right. I justify much of it to if you don't want people to see it then don't put it out there. If I figure out how to find the info it's your own fault for putting it out there for me to find. All in all it's not the most honest work especially when you have request come in to access data on particular people. That's where you have to be careful and ask yourself a great deal of questions.

As to why my ex and older son are convinced I work for the CIA and FBI lol. Seriously my ex said that in the court room AND the judge in all seriousness asked me if I did!! I just about fell off the stand laughing (but I didn't). Yes cause you know with all that free time I have I moonlight for the government... go figure

Not necessary, lots of information gotten off the internet by people & or the government is taken from secured locations & or taken illegally from a internet company.

And even if its not a secured location, the government has no right to read an email you or I may send to anyone, its just as private as a letter inside an envelope that's in the mail & has a stamp on it, as far as our government is concerned.

Archived