• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kentucky Theatre Refuses To Show "the Butler" Because Of Jane Fonda

• Members

Ok, this is the exact word-for-word- number-for-number web page URL

that I got from Fox News. I've gone over it letter by letter, and number

by number, and for some reason it still isn't taking it for download. It

come up instead as "page not found".

If you want to read the story, go to Fox's site and use their search option.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/08/22/kentucky-theater-refuses-to-show-butler-because-jane-fonda/

• Members

Good for him! My dad served in the Vietnam war in the blood and guts when he was only18 to age 21 or 22. After serving there, still active duty in the states, his job was to attend and do military honors at the funerals of the dead soldiers. On his way back one day FROM A FUNERAL of a dead soldier, Jane Fonda greeted them arriving back with the finger!

My dad lived the rest of his life with major PTSD from Vietnam and we all suffered severely for it too.

• Members

Jane who?  That's the way we thought of her in Vietnam.  A traitor that got away with it because she was female.  Her movies were filthy anyway, for the most part. 

They say she later apologized, but that did not help the morale she destroyed, and the lives that were lost, however, as God has forgiven me, I suppose I should forgive her too, I just Hope that my friend and neighbor who was shot down in a helicopter, isn't turning in his grave.

Sorry, sore spot with me--Not too fonda Jane!

• Members

So, the focus of attention becomes Jane Fonda? Yes, she was a traitor to our country. Yes, she should have been tried and found guilty by a military tribunal for her war crimes against humanity and against our soldiers. No, she doesn't deserve to be in the public spotlight. But, the issue here (to me) is not Jane Fonda. The issue to me is the immoral trash that Hollywood is putting out and yet there are many Christians that will watch this filthy garbage either in the movie theater or at home! This movie is rated PG-13 and any real child of God should not even have a desire to see such ungodly trash! Movie theaters are for the hell bound heathen not for us who are true heaven bound children of God!

• Members

There are many reasons this is an unfit movie for Christians and non-Christians. As mentioned above, there is the Jane Fonda connection and the fact it's rated PG-13 means there is foul language and likely immoral sexual content. On top of that, some who have reviewed the movie have said much of it is inaccurate. The fact is, the movie portrays lies as reality because the movie is more about Leftist propaganda than it is about entertainment or telling a fairly accurate historical story. I noted somewhere online that President Reagan's son, Michael, has taken issue to the falseness of the portion of the film that touches upon President Reagan, casting the president in a bad light.

Why do Christians attend theaters to view the garbage that comes out of Hollywood, filling their minds with the filth and lies from these movies?

• Members

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Shame on those who hold bitterness and hatred in their hearts toward Jane Fonda!  Jane apologized to Americans, she intimated that she was truly sorry for those war crimes. 

We, as Christians, have a duty to forgive those who have repented of sins against us.

• Members

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Shame on those who hold bitterness and hatred in their hearts toward Jane Fonda!  Jane apologized to Americans, she intimated that she was truly sorry for those war crimes. 

We, as Christians, have a duty to forgive those who have repented of sins against us.

While I hold no bitterness or hatred toward Jane Fonda, her apology seems less than sincere and the timing of her apology seemed to be because of the mood of the country at the time and what she thought was needed to help her career at that time.

Archived