• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Six Eclipses Coincide With Six Jewish Holy Days Next Year

• Members

Yes & yes.

The GREAT trib occurred in the run up to the AD 70 destruction:

Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The millennium is the Gospel age of grace:

2 Peter 3:But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come .......

The fantastic "Left Behind" dispensationalism is a system imposed on Scripture.

I think you've misapplied 2 Pet 3 here. Verse 8 is not a reference to the Millennial Kingdom, but rather a statement about God's eternality and longsuffering. Additionally, you quit a little too early on verse 10 which explains that the day of the Lord will come quickly and unexpectedly. The day of the Lord, in general, references God taking substantial action in the physical world, normally in judgment. Here, it can be taken to mean either the judgment associated with the tribulation or the final judgment. The context that it references the heavens and earth passing away and being burnt up indicates the final judgment and destruction of the current heaven and earth which precedes the new heaven and new earth. Verse 13 supports this point with an exhortation to look forward to the new heaven and earth. 2 Pet 3:10-13 perfectly parallels Rev 20:11-21:1. Additionally, the millennium could not have come prior to the second coming of Christ (Rev 19:11-16) which much be preceded by the Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Rev 19:6-9) in which the church is officially joined to Christ which necessitates that the rapture has already taken place because this takes place with the saints already in heaven. Additionally, the rapture must take place prior to the revealing of the Antichrist which must take place no less than 3 1/2 yrs (depending on what you interpret the revealing to be) before the Second Coming (see 2 Thess 2:1-8). Therefore, if we are in the millennium right now then the Second Coming happened in the first century and we have all missed the rapture because we were born 1900+ years afterward, which also requires a allegorical interpretation of the millennium. Therefore, Revelation must also be a primarily historical book rather than prophetic because it was written roughly 20 years AFTER AD 70 which you say concluded the tribulation. However, if this is the case, then Rev 21:12 makes absolutely no sense because Jesus would have already had to come yet He says He will come quickly.

The preterist interpretation of is an equal or more forced imposition on Scripture and inconsistently applies prophecy in order to find a way to assert first-century fulfillment. The Second Coming absolutely cannot be placed after the millennium with a literal fulfillment of prophecy but the preterist view insists on literal past fulfilment in the first century.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you've misapplied 2 Pet 3 here. Verse 8 is not a reference to the Millennial Kingdom, but rather a statement about God's eternality and longsuffering.

I partly agree - it's not a reference to the supposed future millennial kingdom, but to the present situation. We can't read a future millennium into that passage.

Additionally, you quit a little too early on verse 10 which explains that the day of the Lord will come quickly and unexpectedly. The day of the Lord, in general, references God taking substantial action in the physical world, normally in judgment. 

I expected folk to read on. The day of the LORD has a number of occurrences in the OT referring to an invasion of the Land in judgement. e.g. Zephaniah, during the reign of Josiah, prophesies the Babylonian captivity as the day of the LORD.

Zeph. 1:I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests;

And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the Lord, and that swear by Malcham;

And them that are turned back from the Lord; and those that have not sought the Lord, nor enquired for him.

Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord God: for the day of the Lord is at hand: for the Lord hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Here, it can be taken to mean either the judgment associated with the tribulation or the final judgment.

The immediate context, around AD 60 before the prophesied AD 70 destruction that Jesus warned in his Olivet prophecy, suggests that the scoffers are the generation that rejected both Jesus & the Apostles.

2 Peter 3:3 ...there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?

Jesus did predict that he would come to destroy the husbandmen who rejected him. Mark 12:1-12. However the references to the destruction & renewal of the heavens & earth indicate a final judgement Day of the Lord.   

The context that it references the heavens and earth passing away and being burnt up indicates the final judgment and destruction of the current heaven and earth which precedes the new heaven and new earth. Verse 13 supports this point with an exhortation to look forward to the new heaven and earth. Agreed.

2 Pet 3:10-13 perfectly parallels Rev 20:11-21:1. Additionally, the millennium could not have come prior to the second coming of Christ (Rev 19:11-16) which much be preceded by the Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Rev 19:6-9) in which the church is officially joined to Christ which necessitates that the rapture has already taken place because this takes place with the saints already in heaven. Additionally, the rapture must take place prior to the revealing of the Antichrist which must take place no less than 3 1/2 yrs (depending on what you interpret the revealing to be) before the Second Coming (see 2 Thess 2:1-8).

Is Revelation sequential in time, or are there iterations concerning aspects of judgement of the wicked & vindication of the saints? There are a number of "ends" in Revelation which appear to be final. Also we must seek to understand the was the events are "signified."  Imposing a sequential reading makes for all sorts of difficulties.

Therefore, if we are in the millennium right now then the Second Coming happened in the first century and we have all missed the rapture because we were born 1900+ years afterward, which also requires a allegorical interpretation of the millennium. Therefore, Revelation must also be a primarily historical book rather than prophetic because it was written roughly 20 years AFTER AD 70 which you say concluded the tribulation. However, if this is the case, then Rev 21:12 makes absolutely no sense because Jesus would have already had to come yet He says He will come quickly.

You are now imposing your own interpretation on my understanding of Scripture. The second coming for resurrrection & judgment is yet future - we all look for that. There are many "comings" of the LORD in Scripture for blessing or judgement, but only one final coming. What you call "the rapture" is the resurrection of believers, & happens at the same time as the resurrection of the wicked for damnation. (John 5, 1 Thes. 5, 2 Thes. 1.)

You mean 22:12. Note that Rev. 21 - NH&NE description ends at verse 5, & v. 6 begins a final summing up & appeal the John's readings to come or continue unjust & filthy & face the consequences. Sadly the Jewish leaders continued in their rebellion & suffered the prophesied destruction - shortly, quickly.

Rev. 22:And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

The preterist interpretation of is an equal or more forced imposition on Scripture and inconsistently applies prophecy in order to find a way to assert first-century fulfillment. The Second Coming absolutely cannot be placed after the millennium with a literal fulfillment of prophecy but the preterist view insists on literal past fulfilment in the first century.

You are not getting your understanding of Preterism from me - my position is normally referred to as "partial preterism" as we still look for Jesus' final coming for resurrection & judgement.

• Members

You are not getting your understanding of Preterism from me - my position is normally referred to as "partial preterism" as we still look for Jesus' final coming for resurrection & judgement.

Ah, if I've misinterpreted your position (which it seems I have somewhat), I apologize. It seems we have a different hermenuetic for Revelation and eschatological prophecy, though, so perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree. I understand it linearly/sequentially with a couple parenthetics.

• Members

Ah, if I've misinterpreted your position (which it seems I have somewhat), I apologize. It seems we have a different hermenuetic for Revelation and eschatological prophecy, though, so perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree. I understand it linearly/sequentially with a couple parenthetics.

I seek not to impose a "hermeneutic" when reading Scripture, but to understand it:

in context (both textual & historical);

by cross references (I like to use a centre margin Bible, & look up references);

by looking at the way Jesus & his Apostles used & interpreted the OT Scriptures;

by considering the teachings of widely respected commentators.

Acts 17 ....they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1 Thes. 5 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

There is so much false teaching out there, & we learn not just the Scriptures but interpretations from childhood. It can take a massive step of faith to turn from what those around us are teaching. Most of us come to salvation from within churches which we do not continue in after salvation. And of course that applies to people converted from other religions, where family & community pressure is enormous.

• Members

I seek not to impose a "hermeneutic" when reading Scripture, but to understand it:

in context (both textual & historical);

by cross references (I like to use a centre margin Bible, & look up references);

by looking at the way Jesus & his Apostles used & interpreted the OT Scriptures;

by considering the teachings of widely respected commentators.

Acts 17 ....they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1 Thes. 5 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

There is so much false teaching out there, & we learn not just the Scriptures but interpretations from childhood. It can take a massive step of faith to turn from what those around us are teaching. Most of us come to salvation from within churches which we do not continue in after salvation. And of course that applies to people converted from other religions, where family & community pressure is enormous.

I don't disagree with any of these principles or reasoning; I just disagree with your conclusion on how prophecy, apocalypse, and the book of Revelation should be read/interpreted. Everyone practices a hermenuetic whether you call it that or not. Hermenuetics is simply the way in which you apply or understand the Bible. You have outlined four principles of your hermenuetic above. These principles and practices guide they way you approach the Bible and shape your understanding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Luke 21

25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

28And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

• Members

Sounds a bit of an extreme characterization to me to categorize someone as being restricted to "a few verses in Ephesians and Colossians".

There are a lot of folks that follow the Holy Spirit's guidance to use Pauline Epistles as the "foundation" for Gentile believers (2 Tim 1:11, 1 Tim 2:7, Rom 11:13).

I agree with you there.

I was invited to a Bible study by a longstanding "expert Bible study teacher".  He started in Matthew's Gospel and is applying every verse to believers.

I agree with HIM there.

Following that pattern will surely not lead to "rightly dividing" Scripture and will lead to frustration and confusion. If someone fails to see that the Gospel of the KINGDOM (Millennium Reign of Christ) is the main focus of Matthew and NOT the simple Gospel of Grace through Faith for Gentiles, then confusion will reign and the Devil will surely be happy about that.

I profoundly disagree with you about that.

Surely EVERYONE "fails" to divide the Gospel of the Kingdom from the Gospel of Grace. They are the same Gospel. Jesus himself & Paul "failed" by that reckoning:

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mat. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Where in Scripture do we learn of different "gospels" ? Galatians 1 ? Brother, the confusion is YOURS :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This could get interesting.

Joel 2:30-32

30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Psalm 83

1Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.

2For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.

3They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.

4They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

5For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:

6The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;

7Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;

8Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.

9Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:

10Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth.

11Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:

12Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.

13O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.

14As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire;

15So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.

16Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD.

17Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:

18That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Time of the first seal judgment and the antichrist coming on the white horse

Daniel 11:36-43a

36 And the king(((Antichrist))) shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds(((Westeren Powers))) with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land(((Israel))) for gain.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south(((Eygpt))) push at him(((antichrist))): and the king of the north(((Syria))) shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land(((Israel))), and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. (((Jordan)))

42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt:

Daniel 11:43b-44 is the red horse and 2nd seal through the 6th seal when Ezekiel 38&39 are fulfilled.

Damascus will be destroyed in the tribulation.

• Members

This could get interesting.

Joel 2:30-32

30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Very interesting - especially as Peter quoted Joel as being fulfilled at Pentecost. 50 days before, at Calvary, the sun was turned to darkness.

Time of the first seal judgment and the antichrist coming on the white horse

Antichrist is NOT the white horseman - it is Christ himself who goes forth conquering & to conquer. It is Christ who is seen who hath prevailed to open the book.

The judgements revealed as the seals are opened are prophesied in Ezekiel 14, as is the deliverance of the remnant. 

20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness. 21 For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast? 22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth , both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it. 23 And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD.

• Members

In the Jewish year Sept 25,2014 - Sept 13, 2015 a rare sequence of Red Blood Moon lunar eclipses will occur on the Jewish Holidays of Passover
and the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot). In addition to the Tetrad occurrence, 2 solar eclipses will complement the 4 lunar eclipses
on the Jewish New Year and the Feast of Trumpets. A comet and meteor shower will pass by earth on the Jewish holiday of Tu BiSh'vat a few months before the Jewish Eclipse sequence begins. http://www.redmoonrapture.com/2014-2015.html

Here is a chart which, as well, includes a comet on Hanukkah Nov 28, 2013.
'>

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 1 Cor 1:22

I have just come across the following

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD. (Joel 2:31)

As a rule, I don't do prophecy but in the last few months I’ve been told about, or asked about, four ‘blood moons’ that are going to appear over Israel during the next two years. The excitement began to mount last year after the publication of John Hagee’s Four Blood Moons: Something Is About To Change. Hagee – the founder and senior pastor of Cornerstone Church, a Texas megachurch that boasts more than 20,000 ‘active members’ – was turned onto the blood moon teaching by Mark Biltz of El Shaddai Ministries, who challenged Hagee to study ‘the sun, moon, and stars as a source of prophetic revelation.’

Hagee writes that during the years 1493/94, 1949/50 and 1967/68, at the festivals of Passover and Tabernacles, a series of ‘tetrads’ – four consecutive total lunar eclipses – took place. Close to the time of each of the tetrads, momentous events occurred in connection with the Jewish people. In 1492, a year before the first of the listed tetrads occurred, the Jews were expelled from Spain. In 1948, a year before another tetrad took place, the modern state of Israel was founded, and in June 1967, between the first and second lunar eclipses of a tetrad, the Six Day War occurred in which the Israelis, for the first time in 2,500 years, gained sovereignty over Jerusalem.

In any given century a tetrad consisting of four consecutive total lunar eclipses, spaced six months apart may happen fairly frequently or not at all. In this century, we are set to experience a total of eight tetrads but a growing number of Bible teachers believe the upcoming sequence of lunar eclipses to be particularly significant because the eclipses coincide with Passover and Tabernacles. The first total lunar eclipse will take place this year on 15 April at Passover, and the second at the Feast of Tabernacles on 8 October. Next year, full lunar eclipses will occur at Passover on 4 April and at Tabernacles on 28 September. John Hagee believes that during the tetrad the moon will be ‘turned to blood,’ thus fulfilling Joel 2:31; therefore the next two years will herald a time of change for Israel. However, John Hagee circumspectly steers clear of predicting the kind of ‘change’ we ought to expect, except that the blood moons confirm that Jesus is coming again and we’d all better be ready.
Not every tetrad watcher is as coy as Hagee about the significance of the coming series of lunar eclipses. Some have gone so far as to state that a third temple will be constructed in the next couple of years!

Full article here.

http://fromthetopcom.blogspot.co.uk/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived