• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Six Eclipses Coincide With Six Jewish Holy Days Next Year

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dispensationalists?

If ye have heard of the Dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: Ephesians 3:2

We are currently in the DISPENSATION of Grace.  The previous Dispensation was the Law of Moses. 

The next Dispensation will be the Tribulation, then after that the Dispensation of the Millennium.

• Members

If ye have heard of the Dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: Ephesians 3:2

We are currently in the DISPENSATION of Grace.  The previous Dispensation was the Law of Moses. 

The next Dispensation will be the Tribulation, then after that the Dispensation of the Millennium.

It is dispensationalists who are forever looking for signs of the end. The signs Jesus gave in Mat. 24 were for the Jerusalem Christians to flee the city - the absolute end of the old covenant dispensation.

I don't object to Scripture refs to dispensation:

1 Cor. 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph. 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph. 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col. 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

We should see there 2 dispensations - (1) grace & the Gospel, and (2) fulness of times. We can see by implication earlier dispensations - innocence, anarchy & law, which are all in effect old covenant dispensations - obedience to God's law was required even in innocence, and by the antediluvians, by Abraham & his descendants, and Israel after Sinai.

Scripture does NOT teach that "the great tribulation" nor a FUTURE millennium are dispensations. The only future disp is the dispensation of the fulness of times. That is the eternal glory of the NH&NE, certainly not the millennium which ends with Satanic rebellion. The millennium is the present dispensation of grace with sinners from all the nations being rescued from Satan's power & the gates of hell.

The old covenant dispensations were also dispensations of grace:

Gen. 6:8 But Noah found grace2580 in the eyes of the LORD.

Gen. 19:19 Behold now, thy servant hath found grace2580 in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast shewed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die (Lot)

Ex. 33:16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace2580 in thy sight? [is it] not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated , I and thy people, from all the people that [are] upon the face of the earth. (Moses & the Israelites)

Ps. 45:2 Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace2580 is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever. (Solomon as a type of Christ)

Ps. 84:11 For the LORD God [is] a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace2580 and glory: no good [thing] will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. (Sons of Korah & all true worshippers)

Prov. 3:34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

Under the pre-Christ dispensations, sinners were saved by grace, never by the works of the law.

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

• Members

It is dispensationalists who are forever looking for signs of the end. The signs Jesus gave in Mat. 24 were for the Jerusalem Christians to flee the city - the absolute end of the old covenant dispensation.

I don't object to Scripture refs to dispensation:

1 Cor. 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph. 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph. 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col. 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

We should see there 2 dispensations - (1) grace & the Gospel, and (2) fulness of times. We can see by implication earlier dispensations - innocence, anarchy & law, which are all in effect old covenant dispensations - obedience to God's law was required even in innocence, and by the antediluvians, by Abraham & his descendants, and Israel after Sinai.

Scripture does NOT teach that "the great tribulation" nor a FUTURE millennium are dispensations. The only future disp is the dispensation of the fulness of times. That is the eternal glory of the NH&NE, certainly not the millennium which ends with Satanic rebellion. The millennium is the present dispensation of grace with sinners from all the nations being rescued from Satan's power & the gates of hell.

The old covenant dispensations were also dispensations of grace:

Gen. 6:8 But Noah found grace2580 in the eyes of the LORD.

Gen. 19:19 Behold now, thy servant hath found grace2580 in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast shewed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die (Lot)

Ex. 33:16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace2580 in thy sight? [is it] not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated , I and thy people, from all the people that [are] upon the face of the earth. (Moses & the Israelites)

Ps. 45:2 Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace2580 is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever. (Solomon as a type of Christ)

Ps. 84:11 For the LORD God [is] a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace2580 and glory: no good [thing] will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. (Sons of Korah & all true worshippers)

Prov. 3:34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

Under the pre-Christ dispensations, sinners were saved by grace, never by the works of the law.

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Covenanter,

If you believe the following;

"We should see there 2 dispensations - (1) grace & the Gospel, and (2) fulness of times. We can see by implication earlier dispensations - innocence, anarchy & law, which are all in effect old covenant dispensations - obedience to God's law was required even in innocence, and by the antediluvians, by Abraham & his descendants, and Israel after Sinai."

why aren't you a dispensationest?

I am not trying to be smart I am serious. What makes you different?

• Members

I know what Dispensationalists are..... but I thought a Dispensationalist was one who believed that you got saved differently in each dispensation. I believe in different dispensations as far as God's dealings with His people, but I don't believe they got saved differently. Or maybe that's a Hyper-dispensationalist....I'm not sure. If you look at the different dispensations, God communicated with His people in different ways...but that doesn't mean they didn't get saved by grace.

I haven't studied it extensively...but I know I believe in more than two dispensations. I didn't know there were that strong of differences among IFB about dispensations. Whoa.

• Members

Covenanter,

If you believe the following;

"We should see there 2 dispensations - (1) grace & the Gospel, and (2) fulness of times. We can see by implication earlier dispensations - innocence, anarchy & law, which are all in effect old covenant dispensations - obedience to God's law was required even in innocence, and by the antediluvians, by Abraham & his descendants, and Israel after Sinai."

why aren't you a dispensationest?

I am not trying to be smart I am serious. What makes you different?

Dispensationalism is a 200 year old system created by Darby & popularised by colleges using the Scofield "Bible." Most (all?) dispensationalists add to Scripture by claiming the great trib & millennium to be future dispensations.

The term goes far beyond simply using "dispensation" as a period of Scriptural time.  

I'm sticking with Covenant Theology - "covenant" being used 300 times in Scripture.

• Members

I know what Dispensationalists are..... but I thought a Dispensationalist was one who believed that you got saved differently in each dispensation. I believe in different dispensations as far as God's dealings with His people, but I don't believe they got saved differently. Or maybe that's a Hyper-dispensationalist....I'm not sure. If you look at the different dispensations, God communicated with His people in different ways...but that doesn't mean they didn't get saved by grace.

I haven't studied it extensively...but I know I believe in more than two dispensations. I didn't know there were that strong of differences among IFB about dispensations. Whoa.

Kitagrl, a Dispensationalist believes that there are divisions (or economies) within the bible where God has dealt differently with mankind. Every Christian believes in some form of dispensationalism, Old Testament vs. New Testament is the most basic. Believing in a different mode of salvation in one dispensation from the another has nothing to do with dispensationalism because you are not adding or taking away a dispensation (i.e. a period of time in which God deals with mankind in a certain way). Saying a man is saved by faith and works or just by faith under the law does not change that dispensation. It's still the dispensation of the law.

A hyperdispensationalist (Grace Publications and Berean Bible Sociey)  is someone who divides up the NT in such a way that you have two different gospels being preached at the same time (one to Jews and one to Gentiles), the two church ordinances (baptism and Lord's supper) no longer are applied, there's no more need for confession of sin, there's no mansions in heaven for the Christian, etc. They over-divide the book of Acts and the Pauline epistles till there is nothing left of the NT that applies to the church age Christian. They also reject any doctrinal application of other parts of scripture to the believers life until you pretty much have nothing left but a few verses in Ephesians and Colossians.

• Members

A hyperdispensationalist (Grace Publications and Berean Bible Sociey)  is someone who divides up the NT in such a way that you have two different gospels being preached at the same time (one to Jews and one to Gentiles), the two church ordinances (baptism and Lord's supper) no longer are applied, there's no more need for confession of sin, there's no mansions in heaven for the Christian, etc. They over-divide the book of Acts and the Pauline epistles till there is nothing left of the NT that applies to the church age Christian. They also reject any doctrinal application of other parts of scripture to the believers life until you pretty much have nothing left but a few verses in Ephesians and Colossians.

Sounds a bit of an extreme characterization to me to categorize someone as being restricted to "a few verses in Ephesians and Colossians".

There are a lot of folks that follow the Holy Spirit's guidance to use Pauline Epistles as the "foundation" for Gentile believers (2 Tim 1:11, 1 Tim 2:7, Rom 11:13).

I was invited to a Bible study by a longstanding "expert Bible study teacher".  He started in Matthew's Gospel and is applying every verse to believers.

Following that pattern will surely not lead to "rightly dividing" Scripture and will lead to frustration and confusion. If someone fails to see that the Gospel of the KINGDOM (Millennium Reign of Christ) is the main focus of Matthew and NOT the simple Gospel of Grace through Faith for Gentiles, then confusion will reign and the Devil will surely be happy about that.

• Members

Dispensationalism is a 200 year old system created by Darby & popularised by colleges using the Scofield "Bible." Most (all?) dispensationalists add to Scripture by claiming the great trib & millennium to be future dispensations.

The term goes far beyond simply using "dispensation" as a period of Scriptural time.  

I'm sticking with Covenant Theology - "covenant" being used 300 times in Scripture.

Covenater,

Do you include the tribulation and the millennium in the age of grace?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

In the Jewish year Sept 25,2014 - Sept 13, 2015 a rare sequence of Red Blood Moon lunar eclipses will occur on the Jewish Holidays of Passover
and the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot). In addition to the Tetrad occurrence, 2 solar eclipses will complement the 4 lunar eclipses
on the Jewish New Year and the Feast of Trumpets. A comet and meteor shower will pass by earth on the Jewish holiday of Tu BiSh'vat a few months before the Jewish Eclipse sequence begins. http://www.redmoonrapture.com/2014-2015.html

Here is a chart which, as well, includes a comet on Hanukkah Nov 28, 2013.
'>

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 1 Cor 1:22

Luke 21:10-11

10Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

• Members

Covenanter,

Do you include the tribulation and the millennium in the age of grace?

Yes & yes.

The GREAT trib occurred in the run up to the AD 70 destruction:

Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The millennium is the Gospel age of grace:

2 Peter 3:But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come .......

The fantastic "Left Behind" dispensationalism is a system imposed on Scripture.

• Members

The stuff in Revelation can not be squeezed into any recorded history, no matter how hard you try.

Not all - we still look for Jesus' return, the general resurrection, last judgment, & the new heaven & new earth.

And obviously we need to understand & interpret the way the visions are "signified."

But that is not what this thread is about.  Are the Jewish holy days, & astronomical signs occurring at the same time prophetically significant? And has a valid significance been associated with past occurrances? 

Archived