• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Differences Between The Two Baptists Churches Independent And Dependent

The Glory Land

• Members

I have been in both baptist churches, and can see there is weakness in them. I know there is no perfect church, the body of believers, where we gather. For being saved, man still sin and fall short to the glory of God, with our works. What made you pick the one you are in, and hopefully it is not just traditions for we know that they can fail us too.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I chose mine, or rather God led me there. I was attracted to church by tracts/ info. left at my door with their info. and website. The particular leaflet that caught my attention must've been a July 4th celebration because I remember a flag on it, talking about God, America, wish I would've kept it.

But it was the true word of God being taught directly out of the Bible, everything he said had a verse he referenced to back it up. I was drawn to the sound doctrine and firmness of beliefs, no wishy-washy gray areas. Pastor willing to answer my million questions.  My eyes were also opened from teachings of speaking in tongues, and the charismatic teachings of assembly of God churches.

I thank God everyday for my church family. :godisgood:

• Moderators

Well, the thing is that Independent means that no two are the same. You can't ever be in all the Independent churches! So there's sure to be some good ones and some bad ones. Makes it rather hard to compare.

• Members

I have been in both baptist churches...

In your town or are you referring to kinds?  If kinds, see post #3 please.

I chose mine, or rather God led me there...

:godisgood:  

Well, the thing is that Independent means that no two are the same. You can't ever be in all the Independent churches! So there's sure to be some good ones and some bad ones. Makes it rather hard to compare.

:goodpost:

After much prayer, the Holy Ghost prompted me to pack up and move my family 66 miles north to our New Testament Church.  It is an Independent, Fundamental, Soul-Winning, Baptist Church!  

• Administrators

Baptist churches that are not affiliated with the southern Baptist Church. 

There are a great number of those, GL. American Baptist. Free Will Baptists. General Assoc. of Regular Baptists. BBF Baptists. Primitive Baptists. Seventh Day Baptists. Reformed Baptists. Missionary Baptists. Conservative Baptists. Enterprise Baptists (a very small association). Evangelical Free Baptists. Landmark Baptists. Unregistered Baptists. Independent Baptists. (and these are just in the US...there are more world-wide)

• Members

In my county there is an Independent, Fundamental, Baptist Church of the kind NOT founded by Jesus Christ.  They welcome sodomites through their Presbyterian MoreLight Ministry, play folk and rock-n-roll and do speaking in tongues and fire tunnels, well, all manner of devilish designs that further separate those people from God.

So there's not two kinds of Baptists, even among Southern Baptists.  I know of a few, except for their SBC affilliation, operate just like most IFB churches.   

• Members

The preaching and the KJB prompted me to attend the church I go to.  They have a few doctrines I do not hold to (Dispensational teaching and support for Ruckman)  I do not agree with those things, but there are no other KJVO's around here, so I am stuck.

• Members

There are a great number of those, GL. American Baptist. Free Will Baptists. General Assoc. of Regular Baptists. BBF Baptists. Primitive Baptists. Seventh Day Baptists. Reformed Baptists. Missionary Baptists. Conservative Baptists. Enterprise Baptists (a very small association). Evangelical Free Baptists. Landmark Baptists. Unregistered Baptists. Independent Baptists. (and these are just in the US...there are more world-wide)

Learn something new today, I did not know there were so many different Baptist.

• Members

What made you pick the one you are in

After moving to our present address in a new town; we visited at least 10 IFB Churches. One day as I was driving down the road and searching the radio channels, I came upon the church we are presently attending. Its 12 miles away and further than all the others; but its where we belong. Sometimes you just know when you are HOME!!!!!!

• Moderators

What made you pick the one you are in

After moving to our present address in a new town; we visited at least 10 IFB Churches. One day as I was driving down the road and searching the radio channels, I came upon the church we are presently attending. Its 12 miles away and further than all the others; but its where we belong. Sometimes you just know when you are HOME!!!!!!

A town with over 10 IFB churches, and the farthest one being 12 miles away. Wow. Ours is the only one in a town of some 92,000, and we are unusually well set-up as there are at least another half dozen in the nearby city (of 800,000. Second largest city in the province.). In most areas of this province you would be fortunate to only drive half an hour to the nearest town with an IFB church. We have a family that drives two hours.

• Members

A town with over 10 IFB churches, and the farthest one being 12 miles away. Wow. Ours is the only one in a town of some 92,000, and we are unusually well set-up as there are at least another half dozen in the nearby city (of 800,000. Second largest city in the province.). In most areas of this province you would be fortunate to only drive half an hour to the nearest town with an IFB church. We have a family that drives two hours.

We live on the Virginia/Tennessee line which is in the middle of the "Bible Belt".  When I stationed in Germany we drove around 60 miles to the nearest church till we found one closer. Even when I was stationed near Washington DC; an IFB Church was a rarity. I am Blessed.

• Moderators

The closest IFB churches here are 30-40 minutes away. Unfortunately, they have all leaned to the left and are not sound enough to attend.

The closest one to me is about 110 yards away, next ones are 40 miles East, 100 miles South, 185 miles West, or 70 miles North.

Archived