• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please Pray For Flourgirl's Family (OB Member)

• Members

I dunno, it sounds too fast for food poisoning....but who knows. Maybe choking...? My husband says sometimes the druggie guys will get really sick and throw up and aspirate and die...so maybe if she was violently ill with a virus....

So sad....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My most sincere sympathy goes out to not only you but the family as well.
It is so shocking to think that another member has passed. First it was Tim and now Flourgirl. Even though alot of us have never met in person, we still have the bonds of being brothers and sisters in Christ and we feel the heartache of losing a loved one. I praise the Lord not only for Flourgirl's testimony here on the board, but also the fact in knowing that we'll see her again someday.
I like what Horatio Spafford wrote in the song "It is well with my soul":

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

I will be in prayer.

Bob

Oh, are we as a board doing anything for the family? Just curious.

• Members
My most sincere sympathy goes out to not only you but the family as well.
It is so shocking to think that another member has passed. First it was Tim and now Flourgirl. Even though alot of us have never met in person, we still have the bonds of being brothers and sisters in Christ and we feel the heartache of losing a loved one. I praise the Lord not only for Flourgirl's testimony here on the board, but also the fact in knowing that we'll see her again someday.
I like what Horatio Spafford wrote in the song "It is well with my soul":

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

I will be in prayer.

Bob

Oh, are we as a board doing anything for the family? Just curious.

Amen ! I especially like how you wrote " Even though alot of us have never met in person, we still have the bonds of being brothers and sisters in Christ and we feel the heartache of losing a loved one." I'm sure alot of people have or will find comfort in them words because its true we are in Christ. Only in Him can we be strong even in the hard times.

• Members
Oh' date=' are we as a board doing anything for the family? Just curious.[/quote']

Did you have something particular in mind?

As far as I know, OB doesn't have an official member bereavement policy. I think the best gesture would be to write condolences and/or memories in a sympathy thread (I can start one) for her parents. Her parents read OB sometimes but do not post. I can print out the posts and mail them to her parents.

• Members

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]Yes, we did. I know it would bless her parents' hearts. Her dad and husband are taking it especially hard. I mean really, really hard.[/quote]

I totally understand...sudden death is so awful, you don't get to say "good bye".... my dad was pretty much suicidal when my mom died in her car wreck...only a couple years older than Flourgirl at the time. :badday: