• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please Pray For Flourgirl's Family (OB Member)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Its very difficult for husbands to make decisions after their wife's death

my dad been there, done that. My mother died before her mother. He ended up where she could buried next to her mother (because her mother was there for her lot more than her husband... even to the end when she fought cancer) It was very hard for my dad to know what to do. Because of this, he will not be buried next to her. He'll have his own gravesite. tough decision. husbands tend to want to keep their wife close to them as possible.

• Members
I dunno, it sounds too fast for food poisoning....but who knows. Maybe choking...? My husband says sometimes the druggie guys will get really sick and throw up and aspirate and die...so maybe if she was violently ill with a virus....

So sad....

My heart goes out to Stacey's family. :pray

My (older) brother died suddenly like this back in January. It is very sad. :sad In his case there were many bloodclots in the lungs just waiting like little time-bombs for the right moment to break loose and begin traveling. They broke loose during a fit of coughing and congregated in the pulmonary artery that feeds the heart. The heart cavitated (i.e. pumped on nothing, because there was no blood coming in from the lungs). The brain shut down from lack of oxygen, and then the heart did too. :badday::badday::badday:

In Stacey's case I'm wondering if there might have been an anurism in the brain that burst due to the elevated blood pressure in the head that is caused by vomiting.

***I do apologize for constantly analyzing like this. :ooops :hide ***

• Members

We're back from Stacey's funeral and have updates and info.

We think there is pretty good evidence that Stacey had a massive stroke. We were told that she had been having blinding headaches for awhile and that her vision would go blurry at times. Then the severe vomiting on Monday...sounds like some kind of a stroke to us. When she fell out of bed, she landed flat on her face and died there and was there like that until Charles came home. We think it bruised her face or did something because she didn't look at all like the Stacey we remember. :sad

My sister and I went to the viewing which was from 12-12:30 pm. There weren't very many people there...basically just Stacey's side of the family family and a few visitors like us. After the viewing was over, they took the casket out the front door in front of everybody which I thought was a little strange.

After that we went to the cemetery for a commital service. It was a short ceremony and then everybody went to the church for a memorial service. Quite a few people showed up for that.

This is the first funeral I've ever been to where the casket was taken to the cemetery before any kind of service.

• Members

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]We're back from Stacey's funeral and have updates and info.

We think there is pretty good evidence that Stacey had a massive stroke. We were told that she had been having blinding headaches for awhile and that her vision would go blurry at times. Then the severe vomiting on Monday...sounds like some kind of a stroke to us. When she fell out of bed, she landed flat on her face and died there and was there like that until Charles came home. We think it bruised her face or did something because she didn't look at all like the Stacey we remember. :sad

My sister and I went to the viewing which was from 12-12:30 pm. There weren't very many people there...basically just Stacey's side of the family family and a few visitors like us. After the viewing was over, they took the casket out the front door in front of everybody which I thought was a little strange.

After that we went to the cemetery for a commital service. It was a short ceremony and then everybody went to the church for a memorial service. Quite a few people showed up for that.

This is the first funeral I've ever been to where the casket was taken to the cemetery before any kind of service.[/quote]

Strange, I been to many funeral and preside over many in my 61 years, but not a single one that was done in that order.
But I don't suppose that is a wrong way of doing it.

I've notice one thing in the past few years, there are some people who will just do things different just to be different.