• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bakershalfdozen

Please Pray For Flourgirl's Family (OB Member)

Flourgirl was an OB member. She hasn't posted recently but anyway, her family and my family have been great friends since 1982. We received word today that Stacey (Flourgirl) dropped dead. She was at work and wasn't feeling well so she went home to rest. Her husband came home later and found her dead on the floor.

It was such a shock as she was healthy, very energetic and didn't have any problems as far as we know. She would have turned 41 years old tomorrow. There will be an autopsy to determine what happened.

Anyway, if you could remember her husband, Charles, her parents and her brother in prayer. They are all in shock right now and need the Lord's strength.

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is horrible...wow..... definitely let us know, if you can, what in the world happened. Man she was my fellow OB cake decorator....

Sobering.

Yeah... I guess I'm kinda in shock too. Definitely not something you expect to hear... I just went numb all over when my Mom called me tonight and told me.

In a way it doesn't seem real; it is like I am pulling this horrible prank on everyone I've told and tomorrow someone will come behind and say it isn't true.

Guest Guest

Wow... I remember her... she posted not too long ago, didn't she? I guess you just never know when it's your time to go...

*edit* It looks like she hasn't been here since August. She wasn't the kind of member to post on here all the time, so some people might not remember her.

Yes when Bakershalfdozen (were cousins ) called me ,I was shocked to .I still am having trouble with realizing this .We graduated the same year and was in college together also .In highschool were together all the time .
I will be continiung in prayer for the families.

Oh my word!!! I am so sorry about this - Bakers, if you have an address for her family, would you pm me? I remember her from college (she wasn't here that long) barely, but I would like to send a card. Praying for the family....

Thanks, HC.

I have a tiny bit more info... Stacey was at work yesterday (she works in a bakery) and began vomiting. She called her husband and asked him to take her home. He left his job, picked her up, took her home, she went to bed and then he went back to work. People get the flu or whatever all the time, right? When he came home from work, he found her on the floor, dead.

I don't know anything beyond that - if she choked or had a heart attack or had food poisoning or what.

The coroner sent her body for an autopsy last night and then released it today. I thought that was kind of quick. They said they won't have the results for a couple of months. Real life just isn't like CSI, is it? :smile

Guest Guest
Thanks, HC.

I have a tiny bit more info... Stacey was at work yesterday (she works in a bakery) and began vomiting. She called her husband and asked him to take her home. He left his job, picked her up, took her home, she went to bed and then he went back to work. People get the flu or whatever all the time, right? When he came home from work, he found her on the floor, dead.

I don't know anything beyond that - if she choked or had a heart attack or had food poisoning or what.

The coroner sent her body for an autopsy last night and then released it today. I thought that was kind of quick. They said they won't have the results for a couple of months. Real life just isn't like CSI, is it? :smile

Sounds like she was poisoned...

And yeah, too bad real life isn't as fast as CSI when it comes to finding autopsy results.

Guest Guest

This is such sad news!!! I remember Flourgirl. Oh...her poor husband and parents. Her hubby must feel so guilty...although, her passing was inevitable. This is such a shocker. :badday: YES...we never do know when our time on earth is up.

I will be praying for her family, relatives, and friends. :bible: :pray

I dunno, it sounds too fast for food poisoning....but who knows. Maybe choking...? My husband says sometimes the druggie guys will get really sick and throw up and aspirate and die...so maybe if she was violently ill with a virus....

So sad....

My most sincere sympathy goes out to not only you but the family as well.
It is so shocking to think that another member has passed. First it was Tim and now Flourgirl. Even though alot of us have never met in person, we still have the bonds of being brothers and sisters in Christ and we feel the heartache of losing a loved one. I praise the Lord not only for Flourgirl's testimony here on the board, but also the fact in knowing that we'll see her again someday.
I like what Horatio Spafford wrote in the song "It is well with my soul":

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

I will be in prayer.

Bob

Oh, are we as a board doing anything for the family? Just curious.

My most sincere sympathy goes out to not only you but the family as well.
It is so shocking to think that another member has passed. First it was Tim and now Flourgirl. Even though alot of us have never met in person, we still have the bonds of being brothers and sisters in Christ and we feel the heartache of losing a loved one. I praise the Lord not only for Flourgirl's testimony here on the board, but also the fact in knowing that we'll see her again someday.
I like what Horatio Spafford wrote in the song "It is well with my soul":

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

I will be in prayer.

Bob

Oh, are we as a board doing anything for the family? Just curious.

Amen ! I especially like how you wrote " Even though alot of us have never met in person, we still have the bonds of being brothers and sisters in Christ and we feel the heartache of losing a loved one." I'm sure alot of people have or will find comfort in them words because its true we are in Christ. Only in Him can we be strong even in the hard times.

Oh' date=' are we as a board doing anything for the family? Just curious.[/quote']

Did you have something particular in mind?

As far as I know, OB doesn't have an official member bereavement policy. I think the best gesture would be to write condolences and/or memories in a sympathy thread (I can start one) for her parents. Her parents read OB sometimes but do not post. I can print out the posts and mail them to her parents.

I think we did something like that for Tim, right? Some sort of "good memories of Tim" thread I think is what we did....or posting some of his best work...something like that.