• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Helping Each Other

swathdiver

• Members

Maybe I already know the answer, prayer, but what is a Christian supposed to do when they see a brother or sister in error and they don't want to hear it?

It almost makes me think they are false converts because the Lord says that the wise in heart will receive correction and that correction is grievous to them that forsaketh the way.

I spent my first three years after salvation in error because there was nobody to show me the way.  It took that long to learn to listen to God and then head his call to get on the right track with the King James bible and a Baptist church.

What say you?

• Administrators

If a brother or sister is in error, the only thing we can do is point it out - after much prayer and making sure we are not in error!  If they receive it, well. If they don't, that doesn't mean they never will.  We need to pray for them and allow the Holy Spirit to work.  He will if they are truly saved and seeking the Lord.  Just because they don't accept what we say doesn't mean they aren't saved...

• Moderators

Maybe I already know the answer, prayer, but what is a Christian supposed to do when they see a brother or sister in error and they don't want to hear it?

It almost makes me think they are false converts because the Lord says that the wise in heart will receive correction and that correction is grievous to them that forsaketh the way.

I spent my first three years after salvation in error because there was nobody to show me the way.  It took that long to learn to listen to God and then head his call to get on the right track with the King James bible and a Baptist church.

What say you?

If I recall correctly, the wisest man in history, blessed with such great wisdom from God, Himself, at one point rejected correction, and sought to have killed to one correcting him.  Its sad what sin can cause even a brother to do. A backsidden brother or sister, living in the depths of their sin, will often refuse correction-ths is why we have the direction from Paul to remove them from the assembly if they won't hear it: they aren't necessarily false converts, though that may be the cast at times, they are just in their sin. If they refuse to hear, it is necessary to cease fom fellowship with them, until such time as they repent and get right, lest it hurt other brethren, as well.

• Members

Thanks folks!

What do you think about the eternal security of one who professes salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ AND professes that if you do not pray and trust in Jesus Christ and live like the devil you have lost your salvation?

My thinking is that with such a conflict one would not have their name written in the book of life.  Thoughts?

• Members

Thanks folks!

What do you think about the eternal security of one who professes salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ AND professes that if you do not pray and trust in Jesus Christ and live like the devil you have lost your salvation?

My thinking is that with such a conflict one would not have their name written in the book of life.  Thoughts?

That's a toughie Swath, but we know that eternal means eternal, if they were saved in the first place.  The apostles did not know about Judas for a long time, because it's easy to play the part for awhile.  We do not know another's salvation, and I suppose we aren't supposed to.  The only way we could know them, even by their fruits, is if we could be with them 24/7.  I think that if we met David and knew what he did with Bathsheba, and Uriah, we would have questioned his salvation too; or Moses when he killed the Egyptian, these are pretty serious indictments aren't they?   I am just glad that I wasn't there then, or I may have been the most critical.

• Members

Should we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid.

Paul addressed that of course.
They may be saved but have been led astray.

We can't see men's hearts and although it may not look like it, it still possible they are saved.
But in a case like that any talking should include a Gospel presentation as well as admonition to cease from sin.

Archived