• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor Preached Against Men In Pink Shirts.

The Glory Land

• Members

Depending on the shade of pink, I don't have a problem with men wearing pink shirts. I know in the 50s (from pictures and verbal stories) as well as in the 60s many men wore pink shirts. If you pay attention to some of the old westerns you will see that John Wayne often wore a pink shirt.

A very lite color pink almost white.

• Members

Cowboy Boots? Anyone here familiar with Tom Williams, the cowboy preacher? I went to a meeting where he wore a nice black suit with bright red cowboy boots! To be honest, it was almost a distraction from his preaching! Thems was some RED boots!

I guess all this goes to show how some preachers will preach against the weirdest things, whatever is their pet peeve. We had an evanghelist come and preach against pets-he really hated pets, especially cats. It was funny though, because we had a huge cat, Stimpy, and Stimpy desperately wanted to get to know him!

He also preached about how women don't cook any more, yet my wife cooked good, homemade food every night-biscuts and gravy, steaks, chicken, all homemade and fresh, and he complained and demanded i take him to town, (40 minutes away) to get him bologna, white bread and soda pop. And my wife is a good cook!

There seem to always be a few preachers out there who stray away from the Bible and preach about their own pet peeves. I've heard it preached that men should never wear any color shirt but white in church...Christian men should not have beards...Christian women should always have their hair up in church...Christian women should always have their hair down in church...if a pulpit isn't made of wood it's a sign of rebellion...certain shoes being Christian while certain others are not...and on and on.

I would rather hear a good sermon expounding upon the Word of God.

• Members

There seem to always be a few preachers out there who stray away from the Bible and preach about their own pet peeves. I've heard it preached that men should never wear any color shirt but white in church...Christian men should not have beards...Christian women should always have their hair up in church...Christian women should always have their hair down in church...if a pulpit isn't made of wood it's a sign of rebellion...certain shoes being Christian while certain others are not...and on and on.

You forgot about too much make-up....     :godisgood:

• Members

So, I am just starting to wonder if we just do not have enough truth and teaching from God's own Holy Word to preach and teach, that we have to come up with our own doctrines to preach and teach.

I believe that the instruction of God's own Holy Word is as follows:  "Preach the WORD!" (2 Timothy 4:2)

Furthermore, I wonder about those more noble Bereans from Acts 17:11, when they "searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so," did they find that these things were Biblically so?

• Members

I have a red t-shirt that has been through many washings its kind of pink. I might have worn it under a long sleeve shirt in the winter.

I can't shave for 3 weeks I had some skin problems burnt off my face and was told shaving wasn't allowed. I'd hate to miss those spiritual meals due to whiskers. What about men who work outside in the winter isn't it common sense to have a beard for warmth?

I've worn cowboy boots to church many times in my youth. What about tennis shoes? I've worn those too.

I've heard men shouldn't wear shorts. I've heard women should wear dresses that cover their chest and come down near the knee, but so far nothing about their hair. I've heard men should have short hair.  I've heard men shouldn't wear jewelry.

Ukulelemike, on 09 Aug 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

i take him to town, (40 minutes away) to get him bologna, white bread and soda pop

:laff cry:  :laff cry:  :laff cry: Sir, that was awesome.

Archived