• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Postmillinium

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Spellchecker? Is that something new? :coffee2:

A Little Poem Regarding Computer Spell Checkers... 

Eye halve a spelling chequer 
It came with my pea sea 
It plainly marques four my revue 
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word 
And weight four it two say 
Weather eye am wrong oar write 
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid 
It nose bee fore two long 
And eye can put the error rite 
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it 
I am shore your pleased two no 
Its letter perfect awl the weigh 
My chequer tolled me sew.

• Members

It came with my pea sea 

Its rare lea ever wrong.

Unfortunately too many folks have got used to spell check so they don't do a self spell check the old fashioned way. I'm speaking of those who work in newspapers, write books or articles and such. It's usually easy to tell because there will be several errors of the sort from the poem that the spellchecker won't catch but a personal editing should.

• Moderators

My problem tends to be fat-fingering, cuz I have fat fingers, or tapping something too lightly and missing letters. Also I tend to post before I read. It helps when I read a post to my wife before I post it, because I usually catch my mistakes.

• Members

I mostly have to rely upon you to put forth that position. There doesn't seem to be as much out there addressing that specific point as there are the pre-mil, post-mil and a-mil views; though there is also a good amount of information on the mid-trib view, which is mostly like the pre-mil other than the timing of when they see a rapture occurring.

Scofield not only put forth dispensationalism, he also put forth the Gap Theory, and held to other views not in line with Scripture. I've never been a fan of the Scofield Bible.

I got the basis for this chart from Rose - when you ask the basic questions, what is the Scriptural answer? Not that Rose even listed amil Preterism as an possible understanding of end times doctrine.

End times chart.doc

• Moderators

It came with my pea sea

Its rare lea ever wrong.

I LOVE that poem!! Never trust a machine to do what a person can do better. :wink

• Members

I've been helping our pastor do some editing and formatting, which is actually kind of fun even though it's time consuming. The work would go much smoother if the program we have to use didn't flag so many of the words from the KJB as being misspelled. I have to take the time to look over every flagged word to see if there is in actual spelling error, typo or if it's simply a word from the KJB the program doesn't recognize.

• Moderators

I've been helping our pastor do some editing and formatting, which is actually kind of fun even though it's time consuming. The work would go much smoother if the program we have to use didn't flag so many of the words from the KJB as being misspelled. I have to take the time to look over every flagged word to see if there is in actual spelling error, typo or if it's simply a word from the KJB the program doesn't recognize.

Can you add the KJ words to the program's dictionary?

• Members

Surely you can see the KJV quotes & ignore the spell checker - like I do when I post here.

• Members

Surely you can see the KJV quotes & ignore the spell checker - like I do when I post here.

Usually I can tell what they are quickly, but I still have to take the time to pause and check them out. This wouldn't amount to much if it were just a few pages I were working on but I have over 800 pages to go through.

• Members

I saw the following posted online today. While I understand what he's trying to say in part of his posting, I don't understand it all, especially the farther he goes.

Anyone know how to explain this?

-------------

Is it coincidence, or something else? I am friends with several exegetes who are thoroughly grounded in scripture; typology, the OT, hermeneutics, the writings of Josephus, and biblical genre as well. They are all Partial Preterists when it comes to eschatology; HANDS DOWN!

The Futurist view is not even based on the Bible at all, yet many blindly follow a view made popular in much the same way "The Origin of Species" was made popular, and both coming forth in the same year.

Not that the "same year idea" makes one inaccurate, but both trend setters (Darby and Darwin) attest to the power of ideas (which have consequences), and the power of a trend setter, and what he espouses.

If people could realize, Christ came to give salvation, and to nullify the Old Covenant. In doing so, He destroyed the Sacrificial system, its city, and its ceremony, as He was the antitype of all the types and shadows that came before Him. He promised that He would "come on clouds" before one generation passed, and if He would not have came on clouds, He would be a false prophet. I add, He is accused of being a false prophet to those who do not know how to read scripture. He fulfilled this prophesy and can be seen in heaven, in The book of Daniel, as He was vindicated, and coronated 37 years after His crucifixion; within a generation as prophesied.

Archived