• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Answers To Prayer

2T3:16

• Members

Let me share 2 prayer's from back in 1992 and their answers.

1) I was a brand new christian and my pastor got up and said the King James Bible is the word of God. I also learned that I can pray about "anything" and should pray about "everything"

Well, like a child I started to pray about what bible I should use. After all, the christian book store had so many versions it was confusing to me. I went to a book fair and was talking to my friend by one of the many tables. Nehemiah seemed to pray even when he was in the presence of other people so I prayed in my heart, when I reached, down for God to guide me to what He would have me to pull out. I grabbed a book whose binding was worn down beyond recognition (as many of the books were worn) and pulled out an old bible. My heart raced and I asked how much: $1. I still have that turn of the century King James Bible but it had since been rebound and is in storage.

2) I was a brand new christian and wanted to get a book to read at the book store. Like I said above, I had learned that I can pray about "anything" and should pray about "everything"

So, I prayed for God to guide me to the book that He would have me to read ... just any book. I think I apologized that I wasn't looking for a bible although I can't remember for sure. I walked into the store and walked to a "random" shelf. I pulled a little book whose binding was too small to read off the shelf. It was called "Bible Facts About Heaven" by John R Rice. I was attending an independent baptist church, Jack Hyles had visited , ran from the pulpit and preached from atop a pew. Well, anyway, I wen't to the store worker, showed him the book, and asked if there were any more books like the one I had found. He said "I'm suprised that one was on the shelf, we don't usually carry those, someone must have special ordered it and not picked it up"

To understand the depth of this ... you would need to consider how many books are in a book store, John Rice's connection to independent baptists, and so on. The same God that parted the sea for the Israelites led me as a new believer to that book.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived