• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What A True Christian Believes!

• Members

Just a short non-exauhstive list of true Christian beliefs!

-Jesus is Lord

-The fallen man is absolutely and totally depraved and completely unable to do any good thing or to do anything to come to God by himself

-God's electing purpose was not conditioned by anything in man

-Christ's atoning death was sufficient to save all men, but efficient only for His Elect

-The gift of faith, sovereignly given by God's Holy Spirit, cannot be resisted by the Elect

-Those who are regenerated and justified will persevere in the faith

-Salvation is by Grace through Faith in the Blood and finished atonement of Jesus Christ at Calvary

-Man is secured in his salvation eternally and unconditionally at the moment he believes. This condition is secured by the numerous irreversible works of God and the Holy Spirit

-The world is absolutely and totally evil in its nature and Satan is its primary governor

-The Trinitarian doctrine of the Godhead and therefore the belief that Jesus Christ is not only the Son of God but also God Himself, the image of God, God manifest in the flesh.

-The King James "Authorized Version" Bible is the perfect and infallible Word of God, and the the Word of God is totally and completely accurate in all things religious, historical, scientific, and mathematical. It was written by Jesus, in English, then divinely preserved throughout its various generations and languages until it reached us in its final form. Thus, the Authorized Version preserves the very words of God in the form in which He wished them to be represented in the universal language of these last days: English.

-All babies that die go to hell for eternity. Ditto all the savages from the jungle, and anyone else who never heard of Jesus. All these people simply constitute the unElect.

-Women must be silent in churches. Thus no talking, no questions, and no singing.

-A true Christian woman must and WILL bear children to be truly Saved. 1 Timothy 2:15

-True Christian families are to shun physicians and "medicine" and to trust in Jesus to heal them and keep them heathly, as per 2 Chronicles 16:12-13.

Glory!

Deacon Dixon

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just a short non-exauhstive list of true Christian beliefs!

-Jesus is Lord

True

-The fallen man is absolutely and totally depraved and completely unable to do any good thing or to do anything to come to God by himself

True

-God's electing purpose was not conditioned by anything in man

True

-Christ's atoning death was sufficient to save all men, but efficient only for His Elect

True (efficacious?) 

-The gift of faith, sovereignly given by God's Holy Spirit, cannot be resisted by the Elect

Heresy

-Those who are regenerated and justified will persevere in the faith

"Persevere" isn't found in the Bible, but I know what you mean.  Heresy.

-Salvation is by Grace through Faith in the Blood and finished atonement of Jesus Christ at Calvary

The gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.  Only his death took place on Calvary.  Salvation is by grace through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the only atonement for our sins.

-Man is secured in his salvation eternally and unconditionally at the moment he believes. This condition is secured by the numerous irreversible works of God and the Holy Spirit

True

-The world is absolutely and totally evil in its nature and Satan is its primary governor

True

-The Trinitarian doctrine of the Godhead and therefore the belief that Jesus Christ is not only the Son of God but also God Himself, the image of God, God manifest in the flesh.

True

-The King James "Authorized Version" Bible is the perfect and infallible Word of God, and the the Word of God is totally and completely accurate in all things religious, historical, scientific, and mathematical. It was written by Jesus, in English, then divinely preserved throughout its various generations and languages until it reached us in its final form. Thus, the Authorized Version preserves the very words of God in the form in which He wished them to be represented in the universal language of these last days: English.

Did you just say that the Bible was written by Jesus in English?

-All babies that die go to hell for eternity. Ditto all the savages from the jungle, and anyone else who never heard of Jesus. All these people simply constitute the unElect.

Was David lying when he said that he could go to his deceased baby? If not, then that means David went to hell according to your theology.

-Women must be silent in churches. Thus no talking, no questions, and no singing.

No singing?  :nuts:

-A true Christian woman must and WILL bear children to be truly Saved. 1 Timothy 2:15

Heresy.  

-True Christian families are to shun physicians and "medicine" and to trust in Jesus to heal them and keep them heathly, as per 2 Chronicles 16:12-13.

Heresy.  

Glory!

Heresy.

Deacon Dixon

Heretic.

• Members

"All babies that die go to hell for eternity" <---- That's a LIE

2 Sam 12:18 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?

2 Sam 12:21 Then said his servants unto him, What thing [is] this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, [while it was] alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.

2 Sam 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

I SHALL GO TO HIM. You think that's hell? :popcorn:

• Members

"True Christian families are to shun physicians and "medicine" and to trust in Jesus to heal them and keep them heathly, as per 2 Chronicles 16:12-13" <--- The apostle Paul disagrees, see below:

1 Tim 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

You mean the apostle Paul didn't say to Timothy: "trust Jesus to heal you and keep you healthy" ? Not to say we shouldn't pray and trust God but there is a place for other things as well.

• Members

So I trusted Christ as Lord and Savior when I was a boy so I know I'm saved.  Then I said a prayer when some guy came to my dorm room in college and was saved again.  However, I live like the devil with a wife, two girlfriends, love to drink and party, listen to rock-n-roll and my business is cheating people out of their money.  Church?  That's for weddings and funerals.  I don't need no preacher, God knows my heart and that I love him and he's ok with me being me.  I told God in a vision (trip on mushrooms) one night that when I get to heaven I'll try to be better and will be really good if that mansion he's building me is on a beach with a dock for my yacht and many rooms for my planned harem of ladies.  So I'm saved, you're saved, why do you limit yourself with all those rules and stuff?

• Members

"All babies that die go to hell for eternity" <---- That's a LIE

2 Sam 12:18 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?

2 Sam 12:21 Then said his servants unto him, What thing [is] this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, [while it was] alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.

2 Sam 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

I SHALL GO TO HIM. You think that's hell? :popcorn:

Before Jesus, not applicable!  Glory!

• Members

So I trusted Christ as Lord and Savior when I was a boy so I know I'm saved.  Then I said a prayer when some guy came to my dorm room in college and was saved again.  However, I live like the devil with a wife, two girlfriends, love to drink and party, listen to rock-n-roll and my business is cheating people out of their money.  Church?  That's for weddings and funerals.  I don't need no preacher, God knows my heart and that I love him and he's ok with me being me.  I told God in a vision (trip on mushrooms) one night that when I get to heaven I'll try to be better and will be really good if that mansion he's building me is on a beach with a dock for my yacht and many rooms for my planned harem of ladies.  So I'm saved, you're saved, why do you limit yourself with all those rules and stuff?

Do you ever read the Christian (KJV) Bible?  Works come FROM faith!  And we are to judge all by their works.  Those are works of the unSaved, thus the heathen in your presentation there is not a true Christian.

Glory!

Dixon

Archived