• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm A Cambridge 1769Er And Will Remain So.

1Timothy115

• Members

What's the point of the post if discussion is limited to agreement only? As to the KJB you use, I'm very pleased if that's the one which works best for you. It's very good to have a Bible in hand that serves well.

General question: Is the particular KJB one uses now a major issue? Do we now have approved KJBs and KJBs which are considered inferior?

Asking the questions because of the recent postings regarding what particular KJB one uses, and in some posts in other threads, at least the inference that certain KJBs are superior to others.

I do know of a few online who hold to one particular KJB and consider all other KJBs to be corrupted.

John you have hit on an important point.  To make the statement that the "PCE" is the pure KJV edition is to say that the others are impure.  Who here would like to make the claim that the KJV you have in your hand is not?

Due diligence to insure you have a KJV is important.  To ascertain that the one you have is corrupt because of an "s" or an "S" implies that all others are corrupt.  In the context what is 1 John 5:8 discussing?  Should that be capitalized?  

I have Bibles that contain both and after spending time in prayer, and study.  I have come to the conclusion that God has led me to.  

What does more damage to God's Word?  Claiming that some of the editions of the KJV is corrupt or using your Bible to study to show yourself approved.  I agree with I am Chief and John81.  Use your Bible. 

• Members

I am in the process of revising several old English Versions of the LXX and NT to create an accurate idiomatic English Version with the classical style of the...

Huh?  Is that you 2T3:16 or a quote?

• Members

Look at the title of this thread:

I'm A Cambridge 1769Er And Will Remain So

You are right: we need to agree an a bible and stick with it.

I say Amen to people needing to spend more time reading their Bible for man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Archived