• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

In Loving Memory...

• Members
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24485

Flourgirl was a member of OB and OBL and a friend of my family for 26 years. She died suddenly on Monday, one day shy of her 41st birthday. Click on the above link to read about that.

Please post any memories, sympathies or condolences for Stacey's family to read. I know they will appreciate it.

• Members

Stacey was my fellow OB cake decorator! It was fun once in awhile to discuss cake decorating or baking together. I will miss her and my heartfelt sympathies are with her dear husband and family. My mom died suddenly at age 42 so I know its a horrible thing to have such an unexpected tragedy occur. Will be praying for you all.

• Members

I notice in her profile she list Mansion Over the Hilltop as her favorite song.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=786

"Mansion Over the Hilltop"

I'm satisfied with just a cottage below
A little silver and a little gold
But in that city where the ransomed will shine
I want a gold one that's silver lined

I've got a mansion just over the hilltop
In that bright land where we'll never grow old
And some day yonder we will never more wander
But walk on streets that are purest gold

Though often tempted, tormented, and tested
And like the prophet my pillow's a stone
And though I find here no permanent dwelling
I know He'll give me a mansion my own

Don't think me poor or deserted or lonely
I'm not discouraged I'm heaven bound
I'm but a pilgrim in search of the city
I want a mansion, a harp and a crown

Prayers for her family.

• Members
I notice in her profile she list Mansion Over the Hilltop as her favorite song.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=786

"Mansion Over the Hilltop"

I'm satisfied with just a cottage below
A little silver and a little gold
But in that city where the ransomed will shine
I want a gold one that's silver lined

Though often tempted, tormented, and tested
And like the prophet my pillow's a stone
And though I find here no permanent dwelling
I know He'll give me a mansion my own

Don't think me poor or deserted or lonely
I'm not discouraged I'm heaven bound
I'm but a pilgrim in search of the city
I want a mansion, a harp and a crown

Prayers for her family.

That song is beautiful. Praying for the family.

• Administrators

I knew Stacey slightly when she was here in college (Fairhaven). I enjoyed her posts here at OB and a couple other boards we were on together.

Please know that my heart hurts for your loss. I am praying for your family.

~~~~~~

Deut. 33:27 "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them."

1 Cor 15:26 "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."

1 Cor. 15:55, 57 "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?..But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

My heartfelt sympathies go out to Stacey's family and friends. I enjoyed reading her posts on Online Baptist. May God comfort you in your time of sorrow. In Christ Jesus.

~ Molly A.K.A. (Candlelight)

[b]John 14:2[/b]...[color=#FF0000]In my Father's house are many mansions: if [i]it were[/i] not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[/color] [b] KJV 1611 AV.[/b] "The Way, the Truth, and the Life"

• Members

My condolences go out to the family . I didn't know Stacey, but can imagine how hard it is for everyone close to her. I lost my Grandfather this past June. It really hurt. Theres alot of people that I know or know of that are passing away such as my neighbor recently of a massive heart attack just this past Friday or Saturday. Here one day gone the next........

<< Ecclesiastes 3 >>

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from
embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

My Uncle read that at my Grandfathers funeral, and so true it is. In God timing it was time for her to go. Though it hurts to have a love one leave us, there is the time of reunions to look forward to. Amen In Jesus name......
Again my deepest condolences. :pray

<< Ecclesiastes 3 >>

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from
embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Bump this scripture for the day. Thanks Truthseeking for the reminder. :smile

• Members

I went back and reviewed many of Flourgirls post made here on OB, she seemed like a very sweet and kind person and to have a genuine love for Christ the Lamb of God.

Thanks be for her having the Lamb of God as her Savior the grave diggers can only bury her body, for her spirit will go to God.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Eccl 12:7 (KJV)

And often overlooked verse is this one.

15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Psalms 116:15 (KJV)

I suppose many may not care for this verse at the time of the death of a loved one. I know it hurts to lose a love one to death, even for us who have such a great hope thru Christ, but the truth is, is it not great that we know that they sting of death has no hold on us nor our loved one who have Jesus as their Savior.

I look forward to that day when Jesus comes for His own, them we all who are His brothers and sister can ever be with our precious Savior.

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thess 4:13-18 (KJV)

What a wonderful home going it will be and of course it will be the greatest homecoming celebration ever celebrated. I rightly don't think it will be long before we all will be with out Lord forever.

• Members

I know how hard losing a loved one is, yet, I know the hope that comes with it when you know they are with Jesus in heaven. May death lose its sting as you remember the victory that Christ gave Stacey when she accepted Him. We will miss her fellowship on online baptist.

• Members

Her parents are my dearest friends and they are so heartbroken right now. They are a very loving, affectionate, tightly-knit family and they will need a lot of prayer. I am thankful I got to spend some time with them yesterday at the memorial service and later at Charles' Father's home. I hated to have to leave them. I wanted very badly to stay with them for a long time but I couldn't. I didn't get to attend the visitation or the grave side service because of my DH's work schedule, but we at least got to attend the memorial. There were a lot of people there.

We heard many people tell about how Stacey had influenced their lives and had encouraged them or helped them in some way. Her parents and I thought it rather bitter-sweet that Stacey spent her 41st birthday walking on the streets in Heaven, reunited with her grandparents. She was a sweet, kind, loving lady and we will all miss her very much. CJP56.