• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your Time Your Money?

Eric Stahl

• Members

Your Time Your Money?

Galatians 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2 Corinthians 9:6-8

6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Give your all for Jesus.

• Members

Not a popular or much accepted message in America!

I hear of and read of believers in other countries who live like this, who live and give as we read of in Acts and the Epistles, but it's rare in America and other Western nations.

• Members

Your suggesting people give up the world & all if offers for Jesus! Making such a suggestion will make you very unpopular with those who are trying to straddle the fence {worldly Christians} hoping to gain the best from both sides.

• Members

Your suggesting people give up the world & all if offers for Jesus! Making such a suggestion will make you very unpopular with those who are trying to straddle the fence {worldly Christians} hoping to gain the best from both sides.

Matthew 19:29

29And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

30But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

• Members

How often do we see in American churches the wealthy living in high style while the poor struggle to get by as they have to pay their bills and are unable to shop for groceries. The wealthy typically either ignore their poor Christians brothers/sisters or actually look down upon them.

To our shame, in many other nations around the world, if a Christian family has but a loaf of bread and they know of another family who has none, they will share their one loaf of bread in Christian love.

In America, some Christian families toss out enough food each month to feed a poor member of their church for half a year or more, yet they don't share with them, take them some groceries, offer to help them get their car repaired, or show them any kind of love that Scripture says we are to show one another.

Archived