• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God's Provision For A Christian College!

sdeshazo

• Members

Hello brothers and sisters in Christ. I have one simple prayer request. I have had the desire to go tour Pensacola Christian College, with the intent of possibly going there, for a very long time... Since 7th grade! The Proclaim Ministries group from PCC came to our church this past Sunday and sang and promoted the college.. I really was uplifted by what they shared while they were there! I plan on going to visit the college a time or two in the next year. But heres my prayer request: I would ask that you all pray that God would provide for me to go to this college, if it's His will. See, between the monies I'd have to have to move there, due to debts I have here where I live now, and plus what I'd have to save to pay monthly bills and pay for part of the college, I'd have to save about 18,000-20,000. My "goal" is to enroll in 2 years. I pray God would allow me to do that :)

• Members
  • Members

I don't want to turn this prayer request thread into a debate on the merits of PCC (there are more appropriate places for that), but I do disagree with Jerry and think it's an excellent institution despite it's shortcomings.  I know many many strong Christians in all walks of life (ministry, missions, military, private sector, etc) that have come through there.  No Christian college will be perfect because they are all man-made institutions, but I think PCC is one of the better attempts.  I'll certainly pray for God to provide for you.

• Members

Yes many good men have come though many good Bible colleges, & since they came thought them things have changed in the college they have gone though & they would not longer recommend it. You cannot always depend on who has come though a Bible College to mean it is the best place for you, for it like a church can change quickly.

Personally I know nothing about the college, but I do know that when entering one that person needs to know what that college is like at present time.

I gave the information hoping it would get him to thoroughly check it out for himself. It may fit him perfectly, them again it may not.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Let this post serve as a public apology to PCC.  I just spent several days on campus with my family.  

The students are not required to be members of Campus Church but are required to attend services.  From what I was able to learn, the church is autonomous but of course exists to serve the students of PCC.  I was blind to the fact that they are unashamedly Independent, Fundamental Baptists, I thought they were just more conservative christians.  

The music that I did see several years ago that shaped my views was written by the students.  Querying students and staff, they're not allowed to listen to CCM and if playing a radio, must be tuned in to the school's radio station.  Thus far, after several hours of listening, the music is sound and edifying and enjoyable to listen to as well.  It would seem then, that CCM crept in and was then washed away.

I'm sorry if my previous posts brought harm to this school.  Our eldest daughter will begin attending soon.  

• Members

Let this post serve as a public apology to PCC.  I just spent several days on campus with my family.  

The students are not required to be members of Campus Church but are required to attend services.  From what I was able to learn, the church is autonomous but of course exists to serve the students of PCC.  I was blind to the fact that they are unashamedly Independent, Fundamental Baptists, I thought they were just more conservative christians.  

The music that I did see several years ago that shaped my views was written by the students.  Querying students and staff, they're not allowed to listen to CCM and if playing a radio, must be tuned in to the school's radio station.  Thus far, after several hours of listening, the music is sound and edifying and enjoyable to listen to as well.  It would seem then, that CCM crept in and was then washed away.

I'm sorry if my previous posts brought harm to this school.  Our eldest daughter will begin attending soon.  

Two of my closet friends, had a son that went to PCC.  He loved it.  It just goes to show that one cannot believe everything that anyone says.  Experience it for yourself.  Experience is the best education.  Hope she enjoys the school, swath.  :)

• Members

I know many alumni from this school.  Most are quite sound in doctrine and practice, a few have no prOBlems with and listen to CCM.

What will keep my daughter away is by staying close to God through prayer and studying His Word and by surrounding herself with friends, saved friends, who are sound in doctrine and practice and are smart enough to avoid the snares of CCM.

Archived