• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Saw This Link By Beameup And I Dont Understand It

• Members
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. Rom 2:16
Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the
revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
Rom 16:25
Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: 2 Tim 2:8

Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, presented the Gospel of Grace - by grace through faith + nothing.
The Gospel of the Kingdom is what Jesus preached and what "the Twelve" preached. Jesus proclaimed
the words that the Father gave him and not of himself. The Gospel of the Kingdom will once again be preached by Jews
during the Tribulation.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Mt. 24:14

Unless you distinguish the two gospels from each other, it will cause confusion when reading the New Testament.

Paul's Gospel of Grace was a gradual revelation:
2 Peter 3:15-16
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul
also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles,
speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood,
which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures,
unto their own destruction.
Following the destruction of the Temple, there remained no opportunity
to establish the Kingdom - only the Gospel of Grace remained (as it has to this day). Edited by beameup

• Members

And how, pray tell, does the 'gospel of the kingdom' differ from the gospel of Christ? I don't see how there can be more than one good news...

There are some who claim only the writings of Paul are for us and only they present the Gospel we are to follow.

• Members

It's a teaching promoted by Les Feldick...if anyone is familiar with his television program.

Something that goes hand-in-hand with these "two" gospels is that the Jews were saved differently than Gentiles also.  I can only speak for what I've heard, but from what I understand...until Paul came along, the Jews were saved by believing that Jesus was the Christ and by being baptized.  I've even heard the claim that the death, burial, and resurrection wasn't preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost.

I have to disagree...

Acts 2:22-24
22   Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23   Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24   Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

The only difference between the gospel that Peter preached and the gospel that Paul preached was that Peter emphasized (to the Jews) that they had crucified their Lord/King/Messiah.  Paul preached Jesus the Lord who was crucified to the Gentiles.  It was the same Jesus Christ and the same gospel though.

With that said, I do see a difference between "the gospel of the kingdom" and "the gospel of grace"...not a different way of salvation though.  The gospel of the kingdom is simply the good news that Christ's kingdom is at hand, and those who are saved will get to enter that kingdom.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Worse yet is their dogmatic stance that they are absolutely right so they reject all Scripture to the contrary as they continually preach their false gospel.

I really don't understand why this false gospel is allowed to be promoted over and over here. When others have come here promoting a false gospel they were confronted with the truth of Scripture and when they rejected that truth and continued to spew forth their false gospel they were warned to keep their false gospel to themselves or be banned.

This current false gospel attack is worse than some others as this one is gaining a growing foothold among discontent Christians and therefore is leading many more astray and not just from the fringe.

How many times does Scripture say we are to try and correct those who spread such as a false gospel before we cast them away? It would seem we are far too slow in obeying this.

"A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;" Titus 3:10

• Members

You're right John.  That's why I left before.  I know of two people here that are unrepentant sinners.  That sin has caused God to turn his face from them, they are cut off from above until they repent and have their fellowship with the Lord restored.  On their own, they have wandered off the reservation as the saying goes with some truly foolish beliefs.  I'm apt to ignore and do as Titus says; what do you think?

• Members
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2013 at 8:00 AM, Salyan said:

And how, pray tell, does the 'gospel of the kingdom' differ from the gospel of Christ? I don't see how there can be more than one good news...

The answer lies in the necessity for the Apostle to the Gentiles writing the book of Galatians -- discerning the purely Israeli (Jewish) message from the Pauline revelation of the Grace of God.

• Members

Those people, in any dispensation, who believe that adhering to the Law, can justify a person is totally mistaken.

Peter and John preached the same gospel and Paul did not write the book of Galatians to discern between the pure Jewish message supposedly preached by Peter from the Pauline revelation of the Grace of God. Peter preached salvation by grace just the same as Paul did. The twisting of the scriptures to say that a person is saved differently under the Law and during the Tribulation  Period is erroneous doctrine.

"Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." Galatians 5:4

• Members
3 hours ago, Alan said:

Those people, in any dispensation, who believe that adhering to the Law, can justify a person is totally mistaken.

Peter and John preached the same gospel and Paul did not write the book of Galatians to discern between the pure Jewish message supposedly preached by Peter from the Pauline revelation of the Grace of God. Peter preached salvation by grace just the same as Paul did. The twisting of the scriptures to say that a person is saved differently under the Law and during the Tribulation  Period is erroneous doctrine.

"Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." Galatians 5:4

Then, according to your theology, nothing can separate you from eternal salvation, even "taking a mark" (of the beast). 

BTW, the purpose of writing Galatians was that they were being influenced by Judaism and failed to understand the Gospel of Grace.  The Gospel of Grace resulted in the persecution of Paul his entire ministry.   Today, Paul would be accused of "easy believism" and be persecuted by most churches.

Edited by beameup