• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How real is your Christian faith ?

Guest Guest

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read many of the post about being saved. I go to church read the bible and I pray but how do I know that I am saved. What do you feel when you get saved? I do not hear God talking to me. Do I just guess that I am? I asked God to forgive me but how do I know he has.

• Members
I have read many of the post about being saved. I go to church read the bible and I pray but how do I know that I am saved. What do you feel when you get saved? I do not hear God talking to me. Do I just guess that I am? I asked God to forgive me but how do I know he has.

God is true to His Word. If you are truly sorry for your sins, if you truly repent of your sins (meaning you turn from sin) and accept Jesus as the Son of God, the One and Only way to heaven because He died for you and shed His blood to pay your sin debt, then you can trust that God has forgiven you and His Holy Spirit has come into you.

It's not about a "feeling"; it's about faith. One must believe that God is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Read the Word of God and apply it to your life. Read the Gospel of John, read the book of Ephesians, read all the New Testament. As you read and seek the Lord's guidance through prayer, He will open your eyes to the truth of His Word.

Get to a good Bible believing, Bible preaching church. Attend their services, join in their Sunday School and/or Bible classes.

Continue to seek answers to your questions here on OB.

You can trust God for He is always true to His Word.

• 4 weeks later...

When reading something from someone who is deaf it may sound strange to you . Especially if born deaf. Even our jokes aren't always funny to them and vice-versa. They tend to take things very literally. Please be careful in judging their grammar this won't matter in ten years but their salvation will. Pixiedust