• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

The Glory Land

Do You Attend All Church Services Weekday And Sundays

We attend on Sunday mornings. Our church does not have Sunday evening services or Wed. services.

I used to go Sun. morning and evening and Wed. evening.  We now have small children, and that was just too much for our family.  I have immensely enjoyed spending each Sunday evening at home with my family.  It is a time when we are all together spending quality time together.  

Wednesday evenings were way too much.  I had to go straight away from work to get there, and my children were exhausted after school.  It just was not good at all for my family.  Perhaps when they get a little older it will be different.

We faithfully hit Sunday AM services (Sunday School and regular services)

We hit Sunday evening and Wednesday evening as much as possible, with Sunday evening usually winning out because of mid week work, school, homework schedules.  But usually someone can represent on Wednesday, much easier during summer months.

Edited by brother_mike

If the doors are open, I try to be there (sometimes we have Missions conferences, revival weeks, etc that go on Monday and Tuesday, but that's only a couple times a year).  I think the question on whether you should attend all services really comes down to why you go in the first place.  I go because I love being in the Lord's house and seeing my church family where all of our good friends are.  I love hearing and learning the Word of God and participating in the worship portion of the services.  It's just a great time and I can honestly say I LOVE going to church services and being a blessing any way I can.  However, if you're going to church just to check a box saying that you went or to keep up a facade of spirituality, then there are deeper problems that should be prayerfully addressed.  Going to church shouldn't be about what you can get out of it, but rather how you can grow in and learn about Christ and serve others.  Check where you'd rather be and you'll know where your heart really is.  While taking care of our family and family relations is one of the most important things, we have to also be careful that we don't elevate its importance over God and make "family" an idol in itself.

Regarding effects on the family, the early church met daily so I can't imagine that it should be a bad thing to go 2-3 times per week if your priorities are in the right order.  Additionally, we're blasted with the ungodly ways of the world all day every day.  One the one hand 5-8 hours a week at church aren't going to counteract 40-80 hrs of worldly influence if the home isn't in order, but those regular breaks from the world can certainly go a long way to helping a person stay grounded. 

So I guess the real question (for everyone), is do you view church services as an obligation or a blessing?

:goodpost: Total agreement! :godisgood:

Our family like most of you takes Hebrews 10:25 to heart.  Sadly, my infirmity keeps me home more often than I'd like but my family goes on faithfully.  Our family is better off for attending services and worse off when we don't (we learned that one early on and the hard way!).

Some of you ask yourselves this question:  Is your household Christ-Centered or Self-Centered?  Does your schedule revolve around work, school, activities or do those things come second to being in the Lord's house?

A family cannot have to much God, & cannot spend too much time around their church family of fellow believers.

Their the ones that:

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Provoke you unto love & good works.

One, & or 2 hours, is just not enough time spent with the one one claims to love, the Christian claims to love Jesus, don't they? And where are you closest to your Savior?

Mt 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

At church services He is with you in a very special way.

A family cannot have to much God, & cannot spend too much time around their church family of fellow believers.

Their the ones that:

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Provoke you unto love & good works.

One, & or 2 hours, is just not enough time spent with the one one claims to love, the Christian claims to love Jesus, don't they? And where are you closest to your Savior?

Mt 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

At church services He is with you in a very special way.

Every so often our pastor will make a comment about all those people who say they need Sunday for "family time". He will make it clear that there is no better family time than having ones family joining with the family of God together for worship and fellowship at church.

Our family goes every Sunday morning, evening and Wednesday evening. Also, on revival week, VBS week and missionary week we go every weekday to church. It helps our family to spend time at church with fellow Christians. I believe if we look at where we spend our time and money we can see where our passions are in life.