• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Brilliance Of Gail Riplinger

Moved_On

• Members

Bummer. My objective was to share what I considered a blessing and that purpose has been derailed. I honestly did not remember that Cloud was one of Riplinger's "Blind Guides" when I first posted. This thread is now about Cloud against my desires. It's an interesting aspect of human nature that we gravitate towards the writings of a critic and then associate a great work with the criticism. I’ll say it again because I’m annoyed: The criticisms leveled against Riplinger ARE WEAK and insignificant compared to the meat found in her books.

Riplinger was the first to point out to me that the NIV replaced "Lucifer" with "Morning Star" which is bold-faced blasphemy. There are many similar nuggets of information in her writings.

Just because someone helps you does not mean they will always be right.

If you had been on here very long you would have heard me say negative comments about Bro. Cloud. And when i did that several on here put me down for doing so.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While it is true that there is meat in her books, if there is error, are we supposed to ignore it?  Certainly scripture would indicate otherwise.  Mayhap others are annoyed because she refused to correct the errors when pointed out to her.  And not by just one person, either.  It's also an interesting aspect of human nature that we often ignore error when we like the bulk of something - whether it's a book or a person...I guess that's proof we're all human.  :(

I would be interested in your opinion on this:  http://www.biblefortoday.org/articles/gail.htm

Yes, nowadays many there be that wants us to ignore errors & go ahead & pat their man on the back & say, "Way to go!"

• Members

Some of the best quotes arguing for the KJ or against the MVs I've gotten right here.  I just finished editing a 16 page "sermon" from some Bereans website for a friend, it's large print with lots of spacing but simple.  Brother Cloud's works are tops on the subject and I like a fella's work on the subject that I've not seen named here yet, Jack Chick.

http://www.chick.com/information/bibleversions/

• Members

Not inflammatory, just an observation. Unless your one that gets mad over nothing. As for myself I learned a long time ago if I was going to get mad, inflamed, hold hard feeling, try & get even, that a forum such as this is no place for me. When i get that way you will not see me on here no longer.

I have thick skin; I’m not mad. I was however annoyed by the fact that you stuck Cloud in my face with your very first post in this thread. And, your accusation that “I stand with the liberal crowd” was inflammatory and not true. Your deductive logic or lack thereof is truly unique since you’re the first person in my 40+ years to make that “observation.”

Here are some observations that I’ve made since I started participating in this forum:

• When you receive negative feedback for an absurd comment, you claim you “said it wrong”
  • You completely hijacked my thread with a link pointing to a critic with which I’ve personally had issue.
  • Much of your comments equate to volume over substance
  • You’re a mainstream news media parrot
  • If someone video taped me exercising poor judgment, you’d post it for all to see.
  • Many of your posts are flippant and nonsensical
  • You’d fare much better at on the wheel-of-fortune than jeopardy.

• Members

I have thick skin; I’m not mad. I was however annoyed by the fact that you stuck Cloud in my face with your very first post in this thread. And, your accusation that “I stand with the liberal crowd” was inflammatory and not true. Your deductive logic or lack thereof is truly unique since you’re the first person in my 40+ years to make that “observation.”

Here are some observations that I’ve made since I started participating in this forum:

• When you receive negative feedback for an absurd comment, you claim you “said it wrong”
  • You completely hijacked my thread with a link pointing to a critic with which I’ve personally had issue.
  • Much of your comments equate to volume over substance
  • You’re a mainstream news media parrot
  • If someone video taped me exercising poor judgment, you’d post it for all to see.
  • Many of your posts are flippant and nonsensical
  • You’d fare much better at on the wheel-of-fortune than jeopardy.

Your only problem is that you hate for anyone to disagree with you, & the livest topics on this forum are those with disagreements.

And it seems you would love to shut up everyone that disagrees with you. and I feel free to comment under any post that's made on this board & post my thoughts.

And it shows in your comment you've got hate for Bro. Cloud, & hold many hard feelings towards him.

Archived