• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Brilliance Of Gail Riplinger

Moved_On

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When a teacher/preacher/writer professes to be a born again believer, then those teachings/doctrines which that teacher/preacher/writer proclaims through sermons and/or books/articles/blogs, should line up with what Scripture says.  We, as born again believers,  need to check every teaching that makes a claim to be a biblical teaching with the Scriptures.  Be a biblical Berean (Acts 17:11), don't just "accept" everything you read in a book, article, or blog or hear in a sermon, as "truth" w/o checking it out with Scripture first.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Nothing "stands of falls" based on what a man and/or a woman says.

• Moderators

David Cloud, despite how some seem to think, is hardly a stand-alone resource. He is one of many that I, and, I suspect, many others utilitze, as well as studying the actual source materials.

I have been reading the book, 'Avoiding the Snare of 7th-Day Adventism' he wronte, which is an excellent book, using information he gained directly from the source of Ellen White's writings, as well as official church publications. He did a far better job than the writer of Kingdom of the Cults, who refused to hold the SDA's to the same standards as other cults. So, Cloud has a lot of good writings out there, but again, he's hardly the only one people hold to-he's just another good resource out there.  

• Members

Bummer. My objective was to share what I considered a blessing and that purpose has been derailed. I honestly did not remember that Cloud was one of Riplinger's "Blind Guides" when I first posted. This thread is now about Cloud against my desires. It's an interesting aspect of human nature that we gravitate towards the writings of a critic and then associate a great work with the criticism. I’ll say it again because I’m annoyed: The criticisms leveled against Riplinger ARE WEAK and insignificant compared to the meat found in her books.

Riplinger was the first to point out to me that the NIV replaced "Lucifer" with "Morning Star" which is bold-faced blasphemy. There are many similar nuggets of information in her writings.

• Members

Bummer. My objective was to share what I considered a blessing and that purpose has been derailed. I honestly did not remember that Cloud was one of Riplinger's "Blind Guides" when I first posted. This thread is now about Cloud against my desires. It's an interesting aspect of human nature that we gravitate towards the writings of a critic and then associate a great work with the criticism. I’ll say it again because I’m annoyed: The criticisms leveled against Riplinger ARE WEAK and insignificant compared to the meat found in her books.

Riplinger was the first to point out to me that the NIV replaced "Lucifer" with "Morning Star" which is bold-faced blasphemy. There are many similar nuggets of information in her writings.

Riplinger may have listed Cloud as a "blind guide" because he is not KJV only despite how he positions himself to be so. This is my biggest issue with him. He waves the KJV in the air saying it is the word of God but then turns around and begins to correct it with the TR. He is not being honest IMO when he does this and is guiding his readers down a dangerous path that even though it might not hurt him it may hurt his readers.

• Moderators

Riplinger may have listed Cloud as a "blind guide" because he is not KJV only despite how he positions himself to be so. This is my biggest issue with him. He waves the KJV in the air saying it is the word of God but then turns around and begins to correct it with the TR. He is not being honest IMO when he does this and is guiding his readers down a dangerous path that even though it might not hurt him it may hurt his readers.

You DO know the KJV is founded upon the TR, right?

• Administrators

While it is true that there is meat in her books, if there is error, are we supposed to ignore it?  Certainly scripture would indicate otherwise.  Mayhap others are annoyed because she refused to correct the errors when pointed out to her.  And not by just one person, either.  It's also an interesting aspect of human nature that we often ignore error when we like the bulk of something - whether it's a book or a person...I guess that's proof we're all human.  :(

I would be interested in your opinion on this:  http://www.biblefortoday.org/articles/gail.htm

• Members

I saw that too from reading her book.  Incidentally, I would recommend it to anyone that is "hanging on the fence", she lays it out very well.

I also have Bill Grady's "Final Authority", but to much manuscript talk for me to digest.  i can only take another mans word for it since I do not speak Greek, nor Hebrew, and have never seen a real life manuscript.  Manuscriptural debate is usually hearsay for most of us.

• Members

A book that is worth adding to you library is Keith Piper's Answers book.
I do not agree with everything in it but it is a very useful resource.

http://www.libertybaptistchurch.org.au/books.html

He has a section on just about everything....various cults, Bible versions, many many different Bible issues.

• Members

Perhaps I misunderstood-the way you put your reply you seemed to be saysing that Blessed Musicina was a liberal because he disagrees with David Cloud.

You said. "No, you've only proved where you stand, standing with the liberal crowd." It seemed to be directed at him, not Riplinger.

That's what I said, she has been discussed on here in the past way before you got here. I said it wrong, i was really only referring to Riplinger, as I stated, I know not the other two mentioned.

• Members

That's what I said, she has been discussed on here in the past way before you got here. I said it wrong, i was really only referring to Riplinger, as I stated, I know not the other two mentioned.

I wish it were possible to give my famous incredulous face expression over the internet.

• Members

When a teacher/preacher/writer professes to be a born again believer, then those teachings/doctrines which that teacher/preacher/writer proclaims through sermons and/or books/articles/blogs, should line up with what Scripture says.  We, as born again believers,  need to check every teaching that makes a claim to be a biblical teaching with the Scriptures.  Be a biblical Berean (Acts 17:11), don't just "accept" everything you read in a book, article, or blog or hear in a sermon, as "truth" w/o checking it out with Scripture first.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Nothing "stands of falls" based on what a man and/or a woman says.

Your 100% right, & its very easy to check out what Mr. Cloud was wrong with this woman's teachings, & see if what he says lines up with the Bible or not. I think some see Bro. Clouds name & never takes time to see just what he says about the subject, they just automatically say he is a no good & all he does is put people down.

Gail Riplinger and Suing Baptists

I guess she loves suing people, especially people called Baptist.

THE PROBLEM WITH NEW AGE BIBLE VERSIONS

Here is an opportunity to see what he says about her book. Of course with out reading it you have no idea if he is right or wrong.

• Members

Tip: Inflammatory remarks are far more effective when there is an element of truth to them.

Not inflammatory, just an observation. Unless your one that gets mad over nothing. As for myself I learned a long time ago if I was going to get mad, inflamed, hold hard feeling, try & get even, that a forum such as this is no place for me. When i get that way you will not see me on here no longer.

Archived