• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Brilliance Of Gail Riplinger

Moved_On

• Members

In 1993 when Gail Riplinger’s book “New Age Versions” came out it caused considerable discussion at my church. At first, I neglected to acquire a copy of it. I already had at least four books on the topic and had spent much time in study and prayer on the matter to resolve this issue in my own mind. I also have to confess that when I found out that G. A. Riplinger was a woman, I was biased against reading the book. I considered the KJB issue as case closed since I had read books by excellent preachers (men).  I thought since this is a spiritual matter, she was out of bounds.

A friend of mine encouraged me to read the book and gave me his copy. Sorry to sound cliche, but I was blown away. The book immediately became the preeminent book on this topic and has been my first recommendation to folks with questions about fake bibles since. The evidence presented against modern versions is irrefutable and I appreciate her meticulous style of writing.

I’ve also had the privilege of speaking with Gail on two occasions and can testify that she is a humble lady and I can see why has God used her and her book(s) greatly. I’ve also read some of what her critics have written and their claims have proven to be spurious.

She also has other excellent books (The Language of the KJB is another great book). There are a few videos of her floating around on the net. If you've never heard of her, take some time and listen to what she has to say.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In 1993 when Gail Riplinger’s book “New Age Versions” came out it caused considerable discussion at my church. At first, I neglected to acquire a copy of it. I already had at least four books on the topic and had spent much time in study and prayer on the matter to resolve this issue in my own mind. I also have to confess that when I found out that G. A. Riplinger was a woman, I was biased against reading the book. I considered the KJB issue as case closed since I had read books by excellent preachers (men).  I thought since this is a spiritual matter, she was out of bounds.

A friend of mine encouraged me to read the book and gave me his copy. Sorry to sound cliche, but I was blown away. The book immediately became the preeminent book on this topic and has been my first recommendation to folks with questions about fake bibles since. The evidence presented against modern versions is irrefutable and I appreciate her meticulous style of writing.

I’ve also had the privilege of speaking with Gail on two occasions and can testify that she is a humble lady and I can see why has God used her and her book(s) greatly. I’ve also read some of what her critics have written and their claims have proven to be spurious.

She also has other excellent books (The Language of the KJB is another great book). There are a few videos of her floating around on the net. If you've never heard of her, take some time and listen to what she has to say.

You just opened a can of worms, brother.

Anyways, her book In Awe of Thy Word is her best IMO. I highly recommend it.

• Members

You just opened a can of worms, brother.

Anyways, her book In Awe of Thy Word is her best IMO. I highly recommend it.

I really should get that book; I’ve read excerpts of it.

I wasn't trying to open a can a worms. I mentioned a good book in another thread and thought I’d recommend this one as well. I’m aware of its criticisms but in my mind they’re insignificant compared to the evidence she presents. The ad hominem attacks on her and weak textual criticisms against her book are evidence that she hit a nerve and its interesting to watch the spirits squeal through her critics.

• Members

I wasn't trying to open a can a worms. I mentioned a good book in another thread and thought I’d recommend this one as well. I’m aware of its criticisms but in my mind they’re insignificant compared to the evidence she presents. The ad hominem attacks on her and weak textual criticisms against her book are evidence that she hit a nerve and its interesting to watch the spirits squeal through her critics.

Well, the can of worms has been opened, nonetheless. 

As to the ad hominem attacks...let's just say those "ad hominem" attacks go both ways and are not just "one-sided".

That's all I'm going to say in this thread. 

• Members

Yeah, despite all her flaws and allege misquotes her books are really eye opening. 

• Members

Yeah, despite all her flaws and allege misquotes her books are really eye opening. 

Cloud has aligned himself with a long list of Riplinger critics and anti-KJB commentators. We’ve already established that Cloud’s modus operandi is to publish fault with many of God’s servants (true and false). I’d prefer this thread not be about him.

Riplinger’s books provide many charts which provide “at a glance” evidence exposing fake bibles for what they are. Here is an example of her work: LINK

After 20 years I still recommend her book. I've also read other excellent books by Al Lacy, Bill Grady, Micky Carter, et. al. which have different approaches to the same topic.

• Moderators

I have always liked Riplinger's books, starting with NABV, and In Awe of Thy Word, as well as the pamphlets she puts out that nicely point out the glaring differences between versions.

I had heard at some pojnt that she was a Ruckman follower, though I don't know if its true-I don't see it in her writings, nor do I see the spiteful spirit I often see in Ruckman's writings-in Riplinger's books I see someone who appreciates the fact that the KJV is a divinely-preserved book. My wife and I have given away many copies of NABV.

Note: this isnt meant to make this into a pro/anti-Ruckman thread, either, just an observation.

• Members

Cloud has aligned himself with a long list of Riplinger critics and anti-KJB commentators. We’ve already established that Cloud’s modus operandi is to publish fault with many of God’s servants (true and false). I’d prefer this thread not be about him.

Riplinger’s books provide many charts which provide “at a glance” evidence exposing fake bibles for what they are. Here is an example of her work: LINK

After 20 years I still recommend her book. I've also read other excellent books by Al Lacy, Bill Grady, Micky Carter, et. al. which have different approaches to the same topic.

William Grady has some good stuff. You can find him on YouTube also. He also has written some pretty good books that don't have anything to do with the KJV. Like he book on Baptist history in America.

• Members

I have always liked Riplinger's books, starting with NABV, and In Awe of Thy Word, as well as the pamphlets she puts out that nicely point out the glaring differences between versions.

I had heard at some pojnt that she was a Ruckman follower, though I don't know if its true-I don't see it in her writings, nor do I see the spiteful spirit I often see in Ruckman's writings-in Riplinger's books I see someone who appreciates the fact that the KJV is a divinely-preserved book. My wife and I have given away many copies of NABV.

Note: this isnt meant to make this into a pro/anti-Ruckman thread, either, just an observation.

Nope, they don't have anything to do with one another outside of him selling her books at his bookstore.

• Members

Way of Life & Gail

Big can of worms.

Yea, "way of life" at it again.  who made Cloud the Holy Spirit?  His "warning" ministry should not go beyond his own jurisdiction (His church), and keep his nose out of other ministries.

Gail Replinger is a sinner, just like everyone else (even Mr. Cloud!! believe it or not).  She may make a few statements that are questionable, but who doesn't?  Her book has been a blessing to many.

• Members

William Grady has some good stuff. You can find him on YouTube also. He also has written some pretty good books that don't have anything to do with the KJV. Like he book on Baptist history in America.

I've heard interviews and preaching by Brother Grady and I hold him in high esteem. I have his book "What God Hath Wroght" and he buys into some "history" that has proven to be nothing more than carefully crafted propaganda. He is an excellent researcher and I attribute his mistakes to not having access to information. I should dig up an interview I heard him do for his book "How Satan Turn God Against America." It was pure awesomeness.

Bill Grady would make an excellent President of the USA.

• Members

I spent a great deal of time (in the past) reading, studying, and absorbing the Bible version issue, and I learned a lot.  

When it came down to it, what made the biggest impact on me was simply this...

1. The Vaticanus and Sinaiticus manuscripts were both "found" while they were in the possession of a false religious system...where they had been kept for hundreds of years.  This would mean that IF these manuscripts were God's word, then God kept his word hidden from true believers for hundreds of years.
  2. Westcott and Hort were both members of a false religious system, and both of them were heretics who denied the inspiration of scripture (along with other major doctrines).  This would mean that IF God used these men to write a new Greek text, then God chose two heretics (who didn't even believe the Bible was God's word) to write a new Bible based on manuscripts that were kept in a false religious system and hidden from true believers for hundreds of years. 

All of the other information is interesting, provocative, and intriguing; however, those two simple facts are what had the biggest impact on me.  It may not be enough to convince a lot of people, but it gets to the root of the issue quickly and concisely.

That's my 2 cents worth...didn't mean to get off the subject.

Archived