Online Baptist

Electronic Devices In The Church Tablets, Smart Phones, Projectors, And More

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some things just don't look or feels right.    

The technology Heartstrings described are all used in a "behind the scenes" way to make our worship services more comfortable for EVERYONE, and there is no dispute TODAY about the pews, piano, carpet,

I am of two minds on the issue of using electronics in church. On the one side, nothing can ever compare to having a real book in your hands-and the discipline of learning to navigate the Bible is som

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

My pastor reads a lot, besides just for sermon preparation, and he does almost all his reading on a Kindle. I think he has one of those Kindle Fire HD's. Our Associate Pastor also does most of his reading from a Kindle. He's even forgotten to bring his Bible to Bible study before since he carries his Kindle with him everywhere and that's what he reads from. He always goes back to his office and gets his book Bible for the study as he believes it's important to conduct the Bible study using the print Bible.

Both our pastors always use print Bibles for preaching. Some preachers now use an electronic Bible while preaching, while some don't use any form of Bible as they preach. One church we visited some years ago my son and I were the only ones carrying a Bible. Then after way too much music the preacher finally came to the pulpit and he wasn't carrying a Bible either! Only some papers in his hand. Apparently he had a sermon outline and the Bible verses he wanted to use in the version he wanted for each verse written on the papers. As he would preach the verse he used would pop up on one of the three screens they had. In that one 30 minute sermon he used 6 or more different versions. No wonder nOBody bothered to carry a Bible; not even the pastor.

We didn't go back to that church.

I find it funny that once a church jetisons the KJV for a new translation that is "better" they almost never stay with one "better" translation but instead use and quote from 2, 4, or 10 different bibles.  They keep wading through all the garbage until they find a version that "fits" what they want to say.  If they fail to find one, they can always write another version to fit.

Those that try to use "wine" in the bible as always being fermented in an attempt to justify drinking some wine as a christian, almost never have "wine" in their refrigerator or cupboard, those are filled with beer, whiskey, vodka, tequilla, etc. etc. etc...

Edited by 2bLikeJesus

That's very true and something I find annoying, along with it being totally wrong. If your NIV is so great, why do you keep quoting from The Message? If the NLT is good enough for the first quote, why did you feel the need to quote from the NASB for the next quote?

It's also very ironic how some of these "any MV will do" preachers, who often proclaim the KJB too difficult or not as good as the MV's, will sometimes (some even do this often) reference a verse or quote from the KJB either because they like the way it's worded better or they believe the KJB says it best! Are these preacher schizophrenic?