• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Electronic Devices In The Church Tablets, Smart Phones, Projectors, And More

The Glory Land

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't say a word on this topic...I am the sound, video, and digital recording/editing person in my church, so I spend every service surrounded by thousands of dollars worth of high tech equipment and computers.  I still have my 30 year old bible (re-bound and re-surfaced multiple times) with me in the booth, but I also have a boolean search engine for the KJV up on my monitor all the time.

• Members

People keep telling me how much I would love a Kindle or something similar. Perhaps when their better versions drop in price one of these years I might move into the 21st century and get one.

Tech has it's place and can be useful. For those who rightly use them, that's fine by me. From what I hear they are great for some people with certain vision prOBlems and that's a real blessing.

I read a lot of little things online but it's difficult for me to read longer things like books or chapters. My eyes don't like it.

• Members

My pastor reads a lot, besides just for sermon preparation, and he does almost all his reading on a Kindle. I think he has one of those Kindle Fire HD's. Our Associate Pastor also does most of his reading from a Kindle. He's even forgotten to bring his Bible to Bible study before since he carries his Kindle with him everywhere and that's what he reads from. He always goes back to his office and gets his book Bible for the study as he believes it's important to conduct the Bible study using the print Bible.

Both our pastors always use print Bibles for preaching. Some preachers now use an electronic Bible while preaching, while some don't use any form of Bible as they preach. One church we visited some years ago my son and I were the only ones carrying a Bible. Then after way too much music the preacher finally came to the pulpit and he wasn't carrying a Bible either! Only some papers in his hand. Apparently he had a sermon outline and the Bible verses he wanted to use in the version he wanted for each verse written on the papers. As he would preach the verse he used would pop up on one of the three screens they had. In that one 30 minute sermon he used 6 or more different versions. No wonder nOBody bothered to carry a Bible; not even the pastor.

We didn't go back to that church.

Archived