• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Zimmerman Found Not Guilty

Perhaps if this chief had not made crime a non-crime, Trayvon Martin would be alive, doing time with the opportunity to realize the error of his ways...The whole article is worth a read, and doesn't take but a few minutes.

http://spectator.org/blog/2013/07/15/trayvon-crime-school-miami

Both of Trayvon’s suspensions during his junior year at Krop High involved crimes that could have led to his prosecution as a juvenile offender. However, Chief Charles Hurley of the Miami-Dade School Police Department (MDSPD) in 2010 had implemented a policy that reduced the number of criiminal reports, manipulating statistics to create the appearance of a reduction in crime within the school system. Less than two weeks before Martin’s death, the school systemcommended Chief Hurley for “decreasing school-related juvenile delinquency by an impressive 60 percent for the last six months of 2011.” What was actually happening was that crimes were not being reported as crimes, but instead treated as disciplinary infractions.

I understand that the robberies in that community had been done by black people wearing hoodies. So, if your a member of the community watch group, who would you watch? If your a policeman who do you watch out for?

And since that fatal day I understand the robberies have kept on happening in that gated community, it seem they still need a community watch, but now with what the prosecutor & media has done people will fear watching out for their neighborhood protecting what is theirs.

But its very sad that this happened, its sad that a life was lost, & even though its sad that a life was lost its better for the innocent one to keep his life while the guilty ones loses his.

And its even more sad that this county is divided so greatly & this was driven to this point by both the media & high profile people raciest talk.

Aargh...typed a long post and lost it.  sigh. I'm not going to retype, but I will say this: Those who believe that GZ got away with murder of an unarmed black don't understand what happened.  They are, sadly, buying into what the media has pushed since the shooting took place.

First, NBC lying claimed that GZ uttered a racial slur against TM when describing him to 911. But the slur actually came from TM when he described to the girl who became the prosecution's star witness that GZ was a "creepy...cracker" (expletive left out).  

Second, GZ acted in self-defense while TM was banging his head into the concrete.  Rest assured that when a person is on the ground and their head is being banged into concrete, it doesn't take long to render them incapable of fighting back.  And it will lead to death.  My best friend when I was 18 was attacked by a druggie who beat her head into the concrete - turning her brain into what looked like hamburger meat (that was the nurse's assessment).  It didn't take long because the human skull is no match for unyielding concrete and the force of being crunched into it by someone who is angry at the world...(and, yes, I believe TM was angry at the world - family ties to the Crips, a druggie, thief, etc).

The news media is largely responsible for turning this into a racial issue (well, BO helped it along, too).  GZ was indeed an hispanic. Labeled a white hispanic by the media, he is, in actuality, a black hispanic. How's that, you say? One of his grandfathers was a black man. 

There have been over 200 murders committed in Chicago this year alone.  Most of them black-on-black, OR committed by blacks against others.  How many of us can name any of the names?  I can name a few, because I live so close and read the Chicago papers every day.  But even I don't know them all - because the media doesn't report on those. They aren't able to sensationalize them.  Nor did the MSM report about the white man beaten by blacks "for Trayvon" before the trial was even in its last days.  

How many whites do you hear threatening to riot?  NONE - the same amount that rioted when OJ Simpson was acquitted (my brother lived in that area at the time, and he knew some things the media - again - didn't show...and he said the entire area knew OJ was guilty...but he was a black man who killed a white woman, and he got away with murder).  But the new black panther party is making plans.  To go into "whitey's" neighborhoods and teach them a lesson or two.  And you can bet, if they do, they'll get away with it (unless "whiteys" have guns and stop them...then it'll be "whitey's" fault according to the media).

Racial tension is once again high - almost to the point it was in the 60s.  And that is by design.  Power can be grabbed when there is dissension.  And BO is good at it.  Very good.  Sadly.

GZ acted in self-defense. In complete compliance with the stand-your-ground law that FL has.  It was not murder.  The jury's decision was just and right.  And I applaud those 6 women for not allowing the emotions the prosecutor (and judge) were trying to push rule the day.

As to the FBI - they are looking into the possibility of this being a hate crime.  All the while ignoring the hate crime that happened at the Seattle "gay" "pride" parade when a sodomite and a bunch of lesbians attacked two Christians who were simply standing there - on public property.  

(I guess this turned into a long post after all.  LOL)

Earlier I lost a long one, i gave up, & walked away.

Sometime back I would write my post onto in an email, them copy & paste it, I may go back to doing that, it is more trouble, yet after the wide world web eats up a few of the, it seems to be worth the trouble.

Perhaps if this chief had not made crime a non-crime, Trayvon Martin would be alive, doing time with the opportunity to realize the error of his ways...The whole article is worth a read, and doesn't take but a few minutes.

http://spectator.org/blog/2013/07/15/trayvon-crime-school-miami

And just think, if the police had done their job correctly, this would not have happened. That school's school board needs to rid itself of that police force, & the superintendent needs replaced.

So glad emotion did not rule the day.  One juror's reason for voting not guilty:

http://www.allproudamericans.com/Here-is-Why-a-Juror-Found-Zimmerman-Not-Guilty.html

She said she believes Zimmerman's "heart was in the right place" the night he shot Martin, but that he didn't use "good judgment" in confronting the Florida teen.

"I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart was in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhoods, and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he really should have done," she said.  "But I think his heart was in the right place.  It just went terribly wrong."

If anything, Zimmerman was guilty of not using "good judgment," the juror said.

"When he was in the car, and he had called 911, he shouldn't have gotten out of that car," she said.  She also said she believes Martin threw the first punch in the confrontation that followed.

"I think George got in a little bit too deep, which he shouldn't have been there.  But Trayvon decided that he wasn't going to let him scare him ... and I think Trayvon got mad and attacked him," she said.

"He had a right to defend himself," she said. "If he felt threatened that his life was going to be taken away from him, or he was going to have bodily harm, he had a right."

The juror said she did not believe Zimmerman profiled Martin, who was African-American, because of the color of his skin.  She believes he thought Martin was suspicious because of the way he acted.

"Anybody would think anybody walking down the road, stopping and turning and looking -- if that's exactly what happened -- is suspicious," she said.  "I think all of us thought race did not play a role," the juror said .  "We never had that discussion."

I found this part interesting.  For all the media's attempts to make it a racial issue, none of the jurors - even the ones that originally wanted to convict the defendant - considered it a 'racial' thing.

I found this part interesting.  For all the media's attempts to make it a racial issue, none of the jurors - even the ones that originally wanted to convict the defendant - considered it a 'racial' thing.

And therein lay the problem.  Assumptions were made because of what the media did.  The police concluded that it wasn't racial, and that it was self-defense at the time of the tragedy. But then the prosecutor got into the mix.

That's because the FBI investigation didn't find any racial element.

Anyone see the new interview with that black girl that testified for the prosecution? Apparently, not only did Trayvon think Zimmerman was a "crazy *** cracker" but he possibly thought he was a "gay rapist" too. So if anything it could be argued that Trayvon was not only a "racist" but also a "homophobe" who wanted to do some "gay bashing".

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashrj.htm

Anyone see the new interview with that black girl that testified for the prosecution? Apparently, not only did Trayvon think Zimmerman was a "crazy *** cracker" but he possibly thought he was a "gay rapist" too. So if anything it could be argued that Trayvon was not only a "racist" but also a "homophobe" who wanted to do some "gay bashing".

Truth there!  But that's just too logical...

Yes, and I noticed how they tried to say that "cracka" statement wasn't racist when there is no other way to take that.

I love the name "Cracker". It usually reminds me of Saltines, Ritz, Cheez-its, Chicken-n-a Biscuits; It actually makes me want to go find a box and a jar of peanut butter. The sheep, in my avatar, are actually purebred "Cracker" sheep so named after the white pioneers who developed them during the days of open range in the Deep South. A showed them to a Black neighbor/buddy of mine and told him they were Cracker sheep"; he liked them and bought some too. Now we can talk about them "Crackers" together and it's all good. :)

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. MLK

Mr. Holder is all bent out of shape talking bad about 'Stand Your Ground Law,' as well as a man a jury found innocent of the charges the prosecutor brought against him.

Please tell me, with Trayvon on top of him, holding his head, beating it into the concrete sidewalk, how could Mr. Zimmerman back off. It seems in that situation his only choice was to let Trayvon beat his brains out or take hold of his pistol & try to shoot Trayvon hoping to stop him from beating his head against the sidewalk.

Was there anyway for Mr. Zimmerman to escape? Seems the jury did not think so, so they found him innocent.

Plus the prosecutor is going on TV calling Mr. Zimmerman a murder after the jury found him guilty.

Plus Mr. Zimmerman as well as his father & mother are hid out because their life has been threatened. Is our attorney general unhappiness at the verdict of the jury, & the prosecutor calling Mr. Zimmerman a murder the reason some out there are threatening the life of  Mr. Zimmerman as well as his father & mother?

I love the name "Cracker". It usually reminds me of Saltines, Ritz, Cheez-its, Chicken-n-a Biscuits; It actually makes me want to go find a box and a jar of peanut butter. The sheep, in my avatar, are actually purebred "Cracker" sheep so named after the white pioneers who developed them during the days of open range in the Deep South. A showed them to a Black neighbor/buddy of mine and told him they were Cracker sheep"; he liked them and bought some too. Now we can talk about them "Crackers" together and it's all good. :)

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. MLK

Honey roasted peanut butter & crackers are very good, even yummy!

Yes, he made some big racial comments about George.

And I found out she has gotten two scholarships to attend college, that will do her good. But she may be like me, have to get some basic education before attending college.

All native Floridians are "crackers".  It refers to the cowmen or cow hunters (cowboys) who instead of using lassos to round up cattle, cracked whips to round up and herd cattle through Florida's scrub and woods in the 1800-1900s.

"Originally the white slave driver because he would "crack" the whip, hence the noun cracker.
Yo homey pick the cotton faster cuz here comes ole Mr.Cracker with his whip."

You have only one of the definitions, & did not have the one that's being spoke about. the one being spoke about is used as an insult to the white person.

The "n" word

N*******

Origin: 
1640–50;  < French nègre  < Spanish negro  black

I believe it originated from the Spanish word which simply means "black" but was later corrupted and made into an expression of utter contempt. Blacks were looked upon as inferior and even sub-human by some. They were brought to this country, not as immigrants, but as slaves and continued to be treated so until recent times. Some "Baptists", even to this day, believe that thy were cursed by God to be a 'race' of slaves. I beleive that such beliefs stink in the nostrils of God. 

Leviticus 19: 33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

That is how God wants us to treat the Blacks, the Mexicans, the Chinese.....and even the Middle Eastern folk we come in contact with as we sojourn through this world. Our government never should have had to step in and make white people quit making Blacks drink from a different water fountain, use a different restroom, or sit in the back of the bus; but they did. God;s word said that the CHILDREN will reap the consequences of their parents actions to the 3rd and 4th generation. I believe we are doing that today. But*....God's grace is sufficient. He can heal our land. I live right next to a Black community of people who WANT to get along with white people. God wants it too! But I STILL, to this day, hear a few "good Baptists" even at my own church who use the "n" word and think it's funny.

I left them out because they weren't the original meanings of the word.  Just like the n-word, it's original meaning has little or no correlation to how it's used today.

Yet we know that the meaning you brought up was not what that 17 year old meant when he used that word in talking about George.

Fired Employee to File Suit Against Zimmerman Prosecutors

"Kruidbos testified last month in a pre-trial hearing that he found photos on Martin's phone that included pictures of a pile of jewelry on a bed, underage nude females, marijuana plants and a hand holding a semi-automatic pistol."

Yet we know that the meaning you brought up was not what that 17 year old meant when he used that word in talking about George.

Right.

Heartstrings, that's a different word.  Use the 1828 Webster's for "niggard".  Oops, guess I can't be the next Food Network Star now.

Edited by swathdiver

"Originally the white slave driver because he would "crack" the whip, hence the noun cracker.
Yo homey pick the cotton faster cuz here comes ole Mr.Cracker with his whip."

You have only one of the definitions, & did not have the one that's being spoke about. the one being spoke about is used as an insult to the white person.

I don't know if you made that line up or not but I had to laugh out loud! :nuts:

Because I doubt when it was originally used Ebonics wasn't.

Edited by lefton