• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Not All Blood-N-Thunder.....i Like Root Beer Floats

• Administrators

There is a drive-in restaurant here in town (old-fashioned, complete with servers on skates) that serves B&K root beer.  It's homemade, and people buy it by the gallon.  It does taste a lot like A&W, but the only A&W in town is in with a KFC.  Not quite the drive-in experience people enjoy.  :nuts:

• Members

I never met a float I didn't like.

Try a Boston Cooler sometime (Ginger Ale float) they are scrumpdilicous.

I've had a Boston Shake but never heard of a Boston Cooler; sounds like something my youngest son might like since he really likes Ginger Ale.

• Members

Mountain Dew was stealing my health and I kicked pop out of my life in 2001. Ice cream, mostly just on birthdays. If you stuck one of those floats in my face, I'm not sure I could escape the tempation.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

• Members

Mountain Dew was stealing my health and I kicked pop out of my life in 2001. Ice cream, mostly just on birthdays. If you stuck one of those floats in my face, I'm not sure I could escape the tempation.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

My sister practically lives on Mountain Dew. She starts and ends the day with it and literally can't go anywhere without having one with her.

• Members

In Australia we call them 'Spiders'.
ice cream in a glass with coke poured over = Coke spider.
Some put the soft drink (soda pop to you) in first but I prefer to pour it over the ice cream.
ginger beer, dry ginger ale, or sarsparilla would be my favourites.

• Members

My sister practically lives on Mountain Dew. She starts and ends the day with it and literally can't go anywhere without having one with her.

I used to drink 24 to 36 ounces of it every day. Maybe I'll share the story in another thread sometime but know this: My health saw immediate improvements when I said goodbye to soda and started drinking more water.

Archived