• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Vehicle With Mounted 'gun' Panics Detroit Suburb

It's a sad community where the little boys and old men don't recognize an M8 Scout Car!  Gee Wiz folks, that's the famous Ma-Deuce the man was "firing"!  Every kid should easily recognize the Browning M2 machine gun and most old men should remember firing one at least once!  Even those inner city folk should have recognized it as a police vehicle as agencies across the nation used them and still do for their SWAT teams.  What's this world coming to?   :face:

Something much better to drive in a parade with the local authorities advised, and the gun inspected to verify the modifications. Then, afterward, you can set it back to specs for home and neighborhood protection!

I saw a vehicle similar to this at a surplus store and thought it would be great for 4th and Veteran's Day parades.

It seems he didn't, & he was out having fun. With all that has gone on in the last few years I can see why that might scare many people. And many of them probably could not tell it was not shooting real bullets.

Its not a good idea to have fun like that nowadays, in yesterday years it may have been OK.

Well if folks used half their brain they'd see no shells falling to the ground and no bullet impacts or things like cars blowing up around them.  They guy didn't even crush any cars either.  Let me see if I can find another story with more information...  

Corrrection it's the M20 version but either way the man broke no laws and should not have been arrested.  Just because ignorant people panic doesn't mean someone should be arrested, kinda like Zimmerman.

But PC is even evident here, this nation is doomed but we already knew that for the Bible told us so.

I hope the guy get's his bond money back (how does one post bond without being charged?) and his M20 without having to pay whomever for "storing" it.  Fat Chance, the commies will think of some way to punish him for scaring the Obama voters.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2013/07/09/Mich-man-arrested-after-driving-tank-like-vehicle-in-neighborhood/UPI-38421373395930/

http://www.ryot.org/man-shows-fourth-of-july-patriotism-by-driving-a-tank-around-a-detroit-suburb-to-the-alarm-of-residents/253053

http://www.freep.com/article/20130709/NEWS04/307090097/tank-gunfire-shelby-township

Edited by swathdiver

I wouldn't worry about this guy and his WWII vehicle coming at me. Now if it was DHS with one of their military vehicles then I would run.

9470034_orig.jpg

Who exactly are going to be rescued by this ARMORED FIGHTING VEHICLE?

See those panels that say "Police Rescue"?  Those are fold down steps so troops can ride on the sides for quick deployment through your front door.  Every window is an armored firing port, the bars are to explode rockets while outside the wheeled tank, leftovers from Iraq and Afghanistan of course.  Any see any firefighting gear or first aid lockers?  Me neither.  

However, a flintlock could render one of these things dead in the water or should I say unsafe to drive with a single shot of round ball.  Any of you mechanically inclined fellers (truckers) see it???

Then Senator Barack Hussein Obama did say that he wanted a civilian army as large and powerful as the US Military.  This is another visual piece of what will eventually be used against American citizens just as in the days of 1920s Russia or 1930s Germany.  

This is another visual piece of what will eventually be used against American citizens just as in the days of 1920s Russia or 1930s Germany.  

This has already taken place and is taking place in cities around the country.

Remember the fiasco with the Branch Davidians? ATF had been trying to set the leader up on some gun charges for a long time. They finally decided they had something to arrest him on. Rather than execute a simple police arrest while the man (David) was out for his routine morning jog or on a shopping trip in town, the ATF decided they wanted to create a big media event arrest that the hoped would bolster their chances of getting their budget increased. They bungled it worse than Keystone Cops.

Then what happened? Totally violating the law, the military was called in, tanks and military units surrounded the Branch Davidians and military psychological warfare units were also brought in. Eventually many were killed.

Sure, a few conservatives raised the issue of the use of the military being illegal, but then let it drop. After all, it was just a bunch of religious wackos that were illegally assaulted by the military after a boondoggle publicity stunt by the ATF. Like many have said of Nazi Germany, people saw the evil that was going on but since it was directed at someone else they didn't care and were silent. Not until the evil was pointed their way did they care. The same is true here in America.

Police forces across America have been militarized and in the name of "security" or "the war on drugs" these para-military style police forces circuMVent, twist and ignore the laws intended to protect citizens from oppression.

Americans are already conditioned to see this as normal. Things are already in place, much "thanks" to the Patriot Act and the actions of the Department of Homeland Security, that would make it rather easy for the quick implementation of martial law enforceable by the para-military police units, special military units, and the regular police and military forces would mostly fall in line.

If a neighborhood or town is surrounded by Abrams tanks, has assault helicopters flying overhead, sees Warthog aircraft circling, and armored personnel carriers and HuMVees, supported by some of those Abrams tanks, they are going to be overwhelmed and fearing for their lives. Many will be willing to do, say or go along with anything in order to gain the hope of saving their own lives.

Thanks be to God we can rely upon Him as our Defender and Deliverer. Psalm 91 is such great comfort!

When someone see's & hears it from a distance, or a place where they can see there's not real bullets being shot, it would cause much alarm, & gain many 911 phone calls. When you see something like that talking place, if you wait too long to call 911 many people might be killed.

So really, out in the public, on a public road is no place for something like that. In a parade or something of that nature would be a different thing, & it would be OK.

There is no sense in scaring people half to death, not after all the mass killings we've had in the past few years, & it might make someone hurt their self because they are scared out of their mind, & there would be nothing funny about that. Although i know many people get their kicks by going around trying to scare people half to death, but you can go to far overboard when doing that.

I must be getting old Preacher.  I would have recognized that vehicle for what it was immediately and also noticed the lack of falling shells, tracers and bullet impacts within seconds, more so if it was firing itself without a man standing behind it.  But maybe I'm one of the few folks left who are familiar with past and present military hardware.

I must be getting old Preacher.  I would have recognized that vehicle for what it was immediately and also noticed the lack of falling shells, tracers and bullet impacts within seconds, more so if it was firing itself without a man standing behind it.  But maybe I'm one of the few folks left who are familiar with past and present military hardware.

If you were off from it & your view was hindered & you could only see part of the back side you would not be able to tell if it was shooting real bullets are not.

And this would me even more true for someone who had no idea what it was or never saw such a thing. I'm sure for them they might go into total shock from fear of what they thought was happening.

If you were off from it & your view was hindered & you could only see part of the back side you would not be able to tell if it was shooting real bullets are not.

And this would me even more true for someone who had no idea what it was or never saw such a thing. I'm sure for them they might go into total shock from fear of what they thought was happening.

Well, if I can't see it, someone closer can and they can make the decision whether to call the police or not.  I just might set out after it for a closer look and of course carry an appropriate weapon for self-defense or offense.  My thinking is to not rely on government for protection, the Supreme Court says we have no right to expect it anyways.