• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The "sons Of God" In Genesis 6:2 & 4 Are Angelic Beings?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You have continually stated that sons of God are direct creations of God.
I would like to see some scripture to back that claim up.
The plain fact is that the passage is not clear on the nature of these sons of God, nor in fact on the nature of the daughters of men.

In fact the best indicator of the nature of the participants in this event is the fact that there were offspring from the event.
According to the statements of God, kind begets kind. ALL scientific observation supports God's words in this.

Therefore, in a passage which is unclear, the best, but not the only possible conclusion is That these sons of God were men.

Your conjecture on the nature of sons of God being only direct creations of God is largely irrelevant to this passage unless you can conclusively prove what yourself state comes from deduction.

And I do not say they are not angels, only that I think it is likely from the passage itself that these were men.

So if do prove it, it doesn´t matter? OK.

I have posted this at least 3 times, once more the folks that are not reading everything in order.

1. Adam - Gen 5:1  This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Gen 5:2  Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
Gen 5:3  And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own (Adam´s) likeness, after his (Adam´s) image; and called his name Seth:

Adam was a son of God. directly created by God. But Adam´s son was not. He is a son of a man. He was not created by God but begotten by Adam. A begotten son but no son of God. Since Adam fell into sin his children were conceived in sin and shaped in iniquity (Psalms 51), thus losing the title son of God.

2. Israel - Isa 43:6  I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
Isa 43:7  Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

It is sons plural. It is daughters plural. But I have made HIM, singular. That is the nation of Israel, called sons of God because they are created by God in a condition of sinlessness.

Hos 1:10  Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

When the nation of Israel is born again at the close of the Trib period, they gain the title of what they have become, sons of God.

3. Born Again Believers - John 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 1:13  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I was a son of Adam, son of a man. One day I repented of my sin, came to the Lord Jesus, put my faith and trust in HIm and I was given a new title. I was born again, I was RE-generated into a sinless condition. Therefore I have the title son of God.

4. Jesus Christ - Do we really need to quote any scripture?

Sons of God cannot be sons of God without a new birth. I know that makes you upset. I can see that since that doesn´t fit into your definition of sons of God in Job 1 or 2 or 38 or Genesis 6, you have decided instead to attack the one who stands firm on the Bible definition.

I wish I could say it wasn´t so to make you like me. But I really am not trying to win any fans. The Bible is clear. To be a son of God, you must have been created by God into a sinless condition. Period.

Abraham was righteous and for that the BIble calls him righteous. But we are not discussing Abraham´s righteousness nor his standing with God.

If you type Abraham son of God into your Bible program´s search window, you will get 0 results.

After searching the Bible, I see Adam, I see Israel, I see me, I see Jesus and like it or not I see angels as well are a direct creation of God, having been created in a sinless condition. That´s enough scripture for any reasonable man.

Your problem lies in not liking the conclusions, but unless you can present another, I am out of options.

Are the sons of God in Job 1, 2, 38 Adam? Are they Israel? Are they Jesus? Are they you and me? Who are they?

Not yourself, not Standing, not Uke MIke, not Old Fashion, no one in this thread has presented a viable option based upon scripture.

Some of you, although you don´t see it, have suggested a son of God that is not really a son of God. Imagine that! A son of God who is not born again, only righteous. Whatever that is. Others have taken to mocking like children, asking silly questions tauntingly and insincerely. I don´t mind.

I don´t think my deduction is the only one viable, but as of yet, no one has offered any relief.

God bless,

calvary

• Moderators

Not yourself, not Standing, not Uke MIke, not Old Fashion, no one in this thread has presented a viable option based upon scripture.

God bless,

calvary

Okay, now I'm really scratching my bald head.  Where did I post ANYTHING on either side of the issue???? 

• Members

Here's a question for those "angels/humans" cohabitation theorists...

In the book of Leviticus, God set forth laws that governed sexual sins; i.e., man taking a woman who was married, sodomy, bestiality, etc..  Why no mention of sexual sins with angelic beings if such a thing were indeed possible?  It is quite evident that Nephilim were on the Earth during the time the sexual laws were established. 

Surely, if such a union was possible, God would have written, "The daughters of man are not permitted to lie with angels, all who do such are in abomination."

The fact that God never gave man a law against the sexual union of women with angels is proof enough for me that such a union could never take place, and proof enough that the angels cohabitated with women teaching is again... argument from silence.

Hhahaha. That´s rich. At least you have s sense of humor Standing. You´re ok with your own argument from silence, but any of this angel nonsense is an argument from silence and can´t be tolerated!! Hahahaha. That is funny.

Too much man, too much.

Archived